Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Inhale and Ash Cloud still need some attention

Urzigurumash
Urzigurumash
✭✭✭✭✭
That is all. The DK toolkit is pretty strong these days, but these 2 skills still see very little use.
Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been using Inhale in vMA, and it's a very pretty skill that is trying to serve like 8 functions

1. Close-range AoE interrupt
    2. Self-heal that requires nearby targets
    3. Small AoE damage
    4. Medium delayed AoE damage

It kinda works, but it's so expensive and very rare that you'll ever be using it for all these purposes at once. I don't want to say that its myriad purposes make it useless, because it is a unique skill. But adding more damage/survivability/sustain to it would be nice, maybe instead of the interrupt? An AoE interrupt is rare, but idk if anyone uses it for that, especially since its close-range, so you could just ... bash instead

As a QoL change, it would be nice if you could pre-cast it with no enemies around you and still deal the delayed burst. Currently, you have to hit a target with the first hit in order to activate the second one
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It kinda works, but it's so expensive and very rare that you'll ever be using it for all these purposes at once. I don't want to say that its myriad purposes make it useless, because it is a unique skill. But adding more damage/survivability/sustain to it would be nice, maybe instead of the interrupt? An AoE interrupt is rare, but idk if anyone uses it for that, especially since its close-range, so you could just ... bash instead

I tried to use it as an interrupt but the act of holding block and bashing is faster because it cancels whatever animation was playing. In very rare cases where you're surrounded by NPCs all doing some kind of channel it is very useful, but its not the best interrupt skill out there.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    increased damage by 2.3 % note this makes it a rule breaker as it actually does some damage now.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using Inhale in vMA, and it's a very pretty skill that is trying to serve like 8 functions

1. Close-range AoE interrupt
    2. Self-heal that requires nearby targets
    3. Small AoE damage
    4. Medium delayed AoE damage

As a QoL change, it would be nice if you could pre-cast it with no enemies around you and still deal the delayed burst. Currently, you have to hit a target with the first hit in order to activate the second one

Yeah, I'd be all for narrowing the scope of the skill. Of course one distinct morph for stam, one for mag, would be ideal. As for the interrupt, I don't PvE much, but I've been asked to slot this skill when tanking upstairs at Hel Ra. In PvP, I've thought about using it as a way to proc Noble's Conquest, since I don't have easy access to that debuff, but I've never gotten around to it.

As for adding a delay to the burst, I think that would technically qualify it as a Channeled Ability, which I do not believe it presently is. Since DKs have I believe 0 Channeled Abilities, and some things in this game explicitly do not work with them, I'm not sure I'm crazy about that particular idea.

As for the cost, the Deep Breath magicka restoration feature is the only thing that makes this skill usable for a StamDK in PvP, but if we could get a stamina morph we could obviously do without that feature.

Edited by Urzigurumash on April 10, 2020 2:07AM
    Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yes, solo PvE is probably the only place Inhale shines very much. It used to see some use in Cyro years ago, but I haven't seen it in a long time. When Maw first came out, I thought I was supposed to be able to solo it, so I started trying to build around this skill.

As for Ash Cloud, I do use it from time to time in Domination, but it's really only worth the slot if we don't have a healer, and for a StamDK probably doesn't beat out more resources devoted to Igneous + Echoing Vigor efficiency wise.

Edited by Urzigurumash on April 10, 2020 2:07AM
    Options
  • SpLaTTyDaDDy
    SpLaTTyDaDDy
    ✭✭✭
    Got flawless on my magdk using 5bsw/5sun/1vma inferno/grothdar.
    Whipsetup ran inhale on the back bar. Actually worked really good for killing adds. It shined on the ice round killing ice mages and the fire daedra round with the flame spinners. Easily interrupted.
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry disagree completely.
    Options
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disagree about Inhale as I've used it quite successfully as part of a burst.

Would be nice to have a cost reduction though.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
    Options