Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Why can't I chat while I'm crafting on console?

PizzaCat82
PizzaCat82
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
There's a ton of open space in that screen. I know its always been like this, but imagine missing out on 90% of conversations because you need to spend hours a day in a screen that doesn't even let you be sociable with other players.

Another QOL improvement to add to consoles.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More importantly, why does your hat mysteriously vanish when you craft?
    Options
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »
    More importantly, why does your hat mysteriously vanish when you craft?

I actually think about this every time. I concluded it's because in the instance you just happen to be wearing a head piece that obscures vision, it's removed for "immersion" so the character can see what they're doing when crafting. It just does it whether you actually have a helmet on or not.

I don't always like it myself because it shows the ugly face of my Breton when I purposely mask it with a full coverage hood.
    Edited by VaxtinTheWolf on April 9, 2020 8:30PM
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
    Options
  • Prrasha
    Prrasha
    ✭✭✭
    ...so the "wipe your brow" animation makes sense, and you're not wiping sweat off a metal faceshield, or clipping your arm through the brim of your witches' hat.

It disappears on all stations for consistency (i.e. laziness in coding.)
    Options
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't see chat when on siege in PvP either... Which has some negative consequences when many are defending the front door of a keep with counter siege, and the attacking faction is simultaneously knocking down both the front door AND the back wall.

Chat yells of "Back wall down!" aren't visible to active siege operators and they only find out about it when they're overrun from behind...
    PS4NA
    Options
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is lots of things like this that drive me nuts. Like why can't I look at my map or open my bag while I'm harvesting a node? My character just stops in the middle of harvesting. I am used to doing 2 things at once while I play but this game won't have it lol
    Options
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game is not RP inclusive. :(
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
    Options
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More to the point, why doesn’t the audio match the animation when crafting?
    Options
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    There's a ton of open space in that screen. I know its always been like this, but imagine missing out on 90% of conversations because you need to spend hours a day in a screen that doesn't even let you be sociable with other players.

Another QOL improvement to add to consoles.

Hook up a keyboard and press enter while crafting. Then you can chat whenever.
    Options