Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Idea of running free?

Khatou
Khatou
✭✭✭✭
It is sometimes unpleasant not to be able to "run" normally because of the high energy consumption, on this point TESO is horrible, so why can't we run without the damn penalty?
Especially since we can hardly take advantage of it with the champion points, because the points are more important to be used elsewhere .

I play pvp and I think it would be better to have a high consumption of "jumping" rather than running, because playing against kangaroo players is really unbearable and I don't know about you, but players like that there are more and more of them lately (I think)!!
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khatou wrote: »
    It is sometimes unpleasant not to be able to "run" normally because of the high energy consumption, on this point TESO is horrible, so why can't we run without the damn penalty?
    Especially since we can hardly take advantage of it with the champion points, because the points are more important to be used elsewhere .

I play pvp and I think it would be better to have a high consumption of "jumping" rather than running, because playing against kangaroo players is really unbearable and I don't know about you, but players like that there are more and more of them lately (I think)!!

Do you mean sprinting? If so aren't you aware why it cost resources, especially in PVP... You could definitely have strong argument for jumping costing resources though, but essentially for the same reason.
    Options
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jump should cost stamina as well, how often I getting hate mails when I play mag sorc and jumping around my matriarch ^^ no dodgeroll needed.
    Options
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a horse
    Options
  • risiblewilbury
    I have a running set on every character, you just have to switch it back before you enter combat.
    If you get coward's gear, darkstride (all medium pieces), and a blue and a purple swift jewellery then you hit the speed cap (with medium armour passives).
    The darkstride reduces stamina cost of sprint by 50%, and both sets are cheap.
    Options
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping most definitely needs to cost stamina.
    Options
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »

by such a logic every movement should cost stamina
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How to spot a silly jumper.

Pro tip... It doesn't help you. It's not harder to aim, it just makes you a target. Obnoxious target at that. Nothing else.

Jumping should cost stamina like stealth. If you jump in place, zero. If you jump and move, cost. Jump twice? Extra cost. That would make for a MUCH better experience for everyone that's having to endure the obnoxiousness of silly jumpers.

This is ESO, not counter strike. Hehe
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »

Pro tip... It doesn't help you. It's not harder to aim, it just makes you a target. Obnoxious target at that. Nothing else.

Jumping should cost stamina like stealth. If you jump in place, zero. If you jump and move, cost. Jump twice? Extra cost. That would make for a MUCH better experience for everyone that's having to endure the obnoxiousness of silly jumpers.

No. I don't think it's necessary to make it cost stamina. There wouldn't be a point.
    Edited by D0PAMINE on April 9, 2020 9:33PM
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, because you think it's unfair players you fight can jump, jump, jump around all the time without Stamina drain, then you should be able to Sprint without Stamina drain.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get the harsh judging of people who jump. It does not wreck anyone's game. Why get upset at something someone is having fun doing? My wife is disabled and takes great joy being more nimble then she can be in real life. She often smiles or laughs as her character leaps around the screen. Sometimes there needs to be no advantage to something to be fun.
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »

No. I don't think it's necessary to make it cost stamina. There wouldn't be a point.

To me, stopping the mindless twitchy jumping around, and bunny hoppers specially, would be enough argument to make it cost stamina. not like you need to jump over anything in the game... i cant' recall a single instance where you actually need to jump, ground to ground. water to ground, yes, in VoM, but that's it. everything else that i remember, you can go around somehow.
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nanfoodle wrote: »
    I don't get the harsh judging of people who jump. It does not wreck anyone's game. Why get upset at something someone is having fun doing? My wife is disabled and takes great joy being more nimble then she can be in real life. She often smiles or laughs as her character leaps around the screen. Sometimes there needs to be no advantage to something to be fun.

cool, interesting argument. costing stam would not negate that though... just add a realistic breather between two jumps, much like you cant sprint forever. still.. yours is the first non "i wanna silly jump all day long" argument i see.
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where does it end? If you penalize bunny hopping because it is obnoxious to some, can we penalize other things that some players find obnoxious? Like dueling in crowded areas? Throwing mudballs? Fat orc dudes in skimpy bikinis? Flaming mounts? I could certainly go on but who would sit on the committee that determines what is obnoxious and what is not?

I hate mudballs but love bunny hopping for example.

As far as stamina costs, I could care less about it - either for sprinting or jumping. Heck, my elf usually rides her precious mare at a walk most places and views Cyrodiil as a merely nice place to repair walls and get a skill or two she might want.

My point is be careful what you want nerfed or banned, else something you enjoy will be next.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on April 9, 2020 10:10PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To me, stopping the mindless twitchy jumping around, and bunny hoppers specially, would be enough argument to make it cost stamina. not like you need to jump over anything in the game... i cant' recall a single instance where you actually need to jump, ground to ground. water to ground, yes, in VoM, but that's it. everything else that i remember, you can go around somehow.

Jumping is natural in a lot of games with combat. It's not fair to deny people their choice of playstyle or penalize them , especially if it's not exploiting anything.
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm jumping extra now
    Options
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't care what is it. i don't jump usually i prefer to dodge. i guess you should take some sedative drugs. it's not normal to go mad because of jumping players in video game.
    Options
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I don't jump myself unless it's to jump over ledges or that sort of stuff, please don't make jumping cost stamina. In PvP it doesn't make enemy players harder to hit for me, but what it does do is making Magnum Shot so much more fun to use. When you manage to hit someone mid jump and see them fly back and down a wall or tower, it's just so damn fun to do.

Sprinting on the other hand have a ton of actual advantages in PvP, not to mention that if you remove the sprint cost the new vampire passive, Unnatural Movement, will become ridiculously overpowered instead of somewhat balanced.
    Options
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭

Jumping is natural in a lot of games with combat. It's not fair to deny people their choice of playstyle or penalize them , especially if it's not exploiting anything.

to use this context "running free" is also natural in many other fighting games.

"dodging" costs a lot of stamina, so why should "jumping" be ruled out????
    Options
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jumping should not cost stamina. period. no debate.
    Options
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

to use this context "running free" is also natural in many other fighting games.

Because jumping has been free from the start and changing it now would just aggravate a bunch of people for no real benefit.

And “do it because players who constantly hop are annoying” is just so bizarrely petty. I say that as a non-hopper who often chuckles at how excitable all that hopping makes them look.
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because that's how the game was designed 6 years ago.
    Options
  • ImmortalCX
    ImmortalCX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A stam build with Cowards + Darkstride, you can run virtually as fast as a full speed upgraded mount.

Put training on every piece and you will have the ideal questing/farming gear set. Once you hit CP levels you won't need extra dps from good sets.

I've tested it with XP farming, its better to have unlimited running and slower kill speed because you can move between groups faster, DOT them up, and move to the next group.

The game already has what you want, you just need to build for it.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jumping needs to cost stamina
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're annoyed running costs stamina then shouldn't jogging cost stamina to? Everyone should walk then so we can get the experience of Morrowind back. Casually moving fast in Morrowind cost stamina while walking did not.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭

for 6 years the game changes over time your answer has no credibility x)
    Options
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ll never understand why some people get so triggered by jumping. Ironically it’s the same people that criticize animation canceling. If you don’t like a certain aspect of a game then don’t do it, stop trying to force your play style on other people.
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

for 6 years the game changes over time your answer has no credibility x)

How so? Why is it so important that jumping should cost stamina? It's obvious you you're just asking for change without any solid reasoning. Combat in this game is already a broken mess and unnecessary changes risk further crippling it. You literally have nothing to back up your proposal for jumping to cost stamina. It's a stupid idea.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jumping is a part of the TES series and is a habit you have acquired if you played older TES games prior to Skyrim for acrobatic skills
    Options
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping should cost same as roll dodge...
    Options
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    [
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    jumping is a part of the TES series and is a habit you have acquired if you played older TES games prior to Skyrim for acrobatic skills

play pvp with kangaroos in front of a player who just jumps and tell me if it's fun to face such a gameplay...

Otherwise, I didn't say that "jumping" shouldn't exist anymore, but should just consume a resource in the same way that "dodging" consumes a resource is just logic !
    Options