Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

9pm on Wednesday...

Xirks
Xirks
✭✭✭
So I understand that PVE is almost flawless in this game, cool. I respect that... Here's the thing, a lot of the community play this game for the PVP.. But seriously ZOS what in the hell is going on. How are the servers this unstable. How was BETA more reliable than now??? This is disgusting how terrible the game quality is.. Going to be a dead game real soon if this junk isn't fixed.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been saying the game will be dead soon since BETA.

Performance does need to improve and I hope ZOS is working on it. Yeah some players are quitting the game or taking a break because of PvP problems but saying "dead game real soon" is overly dramatic.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly you do not PvE much as PvE has not been almost flawless.

Also, since you asked I will give you a little history of the game.

First, Cyrodiil in beta has far fewer players. Not anywhere close to what we have now so your comparison to beta does not jive. Also, it was not perfect in the stress test beta which I am assuming you are speaking to.

Second, Zos has added a lot of load the servers in the 6 years this game as been live. Starting with the game was heavily trusted client when it launched. Due to the CE cheating scandal, Zos moved a lot of checks and calculations to the server-side to prevent much that can be done with the CE. Then add in more buffs and CP calculations Zos brought to the server load and you have a lot of what we deal with today.

That is just a high-level explanation, leaving out details that are just more fluff. In the end, the game has not been managed well and Zos probably bit off more then they can handle with the mega server design. Then again, you could have found much of this information and more in the hundreds of other threads created on the subject vs creating a new thread that does not really offer much to the dialogue.

Edit; And as Kargen pointed out. people have been predicting the death of ESO since the game launched. All of them couldn't be more wrong. To the best, we can tell the game's population has been growing.
    Edited by idk on April 9, 2020 3:02AM
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only going to get worse with the lockdown. I'm sure there's more people playing than usual. I came back to the game just out of boredom, and I wonder how many are in the same boat.
    Despite its numerous failings, especially in the performance department, ESO is a pretty healthy game with a growing player base. To state it's a dead game, or will be a dead game, is rather absurd.
    But yes, optimizing ESO NEEDS to be their top priority right now. I don't care how long it takes as long as they actively stay on top of it and push any other changes, like combat overhauls, aside.
    Options