Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Waiting on support for event tickets - what to do?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
4 days ago I went to buy 3 different jubilee cake furnishings from the Impressario. I previewed, then bought the 2016 jubilee cake. At that point the game froze for a couple of seconds and when it unfroze I found I'd bought 3 identical 2016 cakes instead of the 2016, 2017 and 2018 ones I wanted. I submitted a support ticket, asking them to remove 2 of the 3 cakes and refund me 6 event tickets. (And yes I responded to the automated reply, which amazingly got the right issue but just asked me to list what I wanted refunded, what currency I bought it with and when, which I did.)

The problem is I have no idea when, or if, ZOS will respond to the ticket or if they'll agree to refund the tickets, which makes it difficult to know what to do with future tickets.

If I knew they'd refuse I could buy the two cakes I'm missing, an indrik feather and get back up to 10 tickets ready for the next event. (I always try to end events with 10 tickets, or close to it, in case I'm not able to play the next one enough to get tickets).

If I knew they'd agree to refund me before the end of the festival I'd make sure I don't get above 5 tickets while they're likely to be working, so I don't lose the tickets when the refund goes through, and put off buying the other cakes until I get the tickets. If I knew they'd refund me, but not until after the festival was over I'd make sure to end with less than 6 tickets, so I don't lose them when the refund goes through.

But without knowing what their decision is likely to be I can't make any sensible plans and risk losing tickets no matter what I do.

Does anyone know what the outcome is likely to be? Has anyone put in a similar ticket before? Or a recent support ticket, to get an idea of how long it's taking them currently?
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think your chances are good, @Danikat, as long as you're persistent but polite with the Support Team.

Remember, Support is running a bit behind due to our current global environment ... so resolution times will take a bit longer.

This is assuming, of course, you have the 2017 and 2018 cakes in your memento collections. The cakes aren't offered to players who skipped anniversary events.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. :)

And yes I have them available to buy, literally the only problem is that the game froze as I was buying the first one and somehow decided I'd bought 3 of the same. Although I'm not asking ZOS to give me the other two cakes, just to give the tickets back so I can buy them.

My biggest concern is that they won't get back to me until after the anniversary festival is over, and then the refund will go through when I already have 10 tickets and I'll lose the ones I was supposed to be back, since I think even ZOS can't exceed the 12 ticket limit.
    Edited by Danikat on April 9, 2020 8:26AM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"