The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Appearance change should be free to eso plus users

mikejezz
mikejezz
✭✭✭✭
Seriously, I can change my skin color etc in world of Warcraft, but in eso I have to pay real money even though I have a subscription.

I could understand it costs money since zenimax has to earn something, but this could be a benefit for eso plus users.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of just being able to do this, they should add tokens as a benefit to when you buy ESO plus, for example.

1 month = Appearance change token + Name Change Token

3 month = Appearance Change Token + Name Change Token + Race Change Token

6 Months = ^ * 2

12 Months = ^ * 1.5

Something like this. Obviously not exactly, however, the ESO Plus rewards so far have just been a costume every blue moon and statuettes which I don't have a house situated to place them.
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. This sould add some real value to Plus.
    Options
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice
    Options
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Name change, too. Both cosmetic. Race change should remain chargeable.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be pretty nice as another addition to making ESO+ more worth the money.

However I don't feel it'll happen. The last update we got to ESO+ was one free statue a month and discounts on buying things right?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be really desirable.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
    Options
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    It would be pretty nice as another addition to making ESO+ more worth the money.

However I don't feel it'll happen. The last update we got to ESO+ was one free statue a month and discounts on buying things right?

Well maybe if we can get many replies in this thread there's a chance we might get heard.

In comparison you can go to the barber shop in wow and change everything except gender and race for gold. Bethesda could do something similar exclusive to eso plus.
    Options
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    A nice addition to eso+ would be the ability to purchase houses and similar time limited item whenever you want.
    Options
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »
    Instead of just being able to do this, they should add tokens as a benefit to when you buy ESO plus, for example.

1 month = Appearance change token + Name Change Token

3 month = Appearance Change Token + Name Change Token + Race Change Token

6 Months = ^ * 2

12 Months = ^ * 1.5

Something like this. Obviously not exactly, however, the ESO Plus rewards so far have just been a costume every blue moon and statuettes which I don't have a house situated to place them.

One costume to be exact. When they first announced the ESO+ appreciation program they were talking "costumes, pets, mounts, and more". So far we got one costume and 18 statuettes. So yeah, anything else would be nice.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if appearance tokens also was a daily log in reward every now and then.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on April 12, 2020 12:42AM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe 1 or 2 appearance tokens a month could be nice. I get they wouldn't want to make them straight up free. Yes WoW offers it for free, but you have to remember that WoW has more players and forced subscriptions.
    Options
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Maybe 1 or 2 appearance tokens a month could be nice. I get they wouldn't want to make them straight up free. Yes WoW offers it for free, but you have to remember that WoW has more players and forced subscriptions.

Which is why it would be a good addition to sub users, and a sub with more value could make more jump on the subscription.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikejezz wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »

Which is why it would be a good addition to sub users, and a sub with more value could make more jump on the subscription.

Honestly I feel like I'm getting my money's worth with just the crafting bag and increased bank space. Whoever came up with that idea is genius.
    Though as I said, it couldn't hurt to throw in a couple of appearance tokens to make it even more tantalising.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think offering them free or heavily discounted in the crown store with a limit on how many you can buy at that price per month would be better than just giving them out.

I still haven't used the name and race change tokens given out a while ago when they updated racials a while back, and although I only rarely have ESO+ it would be annoying to see the tokens mounting up unused when I do get it. But if they made it a regular discount/freebie those who want them could get them and those who don't want them as often could just skip it and get it when they do want it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. There should definitely be more stuff added to ESO+. Crafting bag is a good start.
    Options
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely would be nice. Sometimes all I want to do is a little tweak to my character that just doesn't justify buying the quite expensive appearance change tokens! It frustrates me that I cannot make these changes to my character when I want to!
    Options
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with this, I frequently want to make changes to my characters, and right now that is limited to changing hair styles, costumes, and adornments only. After the awful lighting and inability to angle your character in character creation, I want to tweak things in my existing characters, just minor tweaks, to make them appear the way I thought I made them at character creation that doesn't appear the way I want in the actual game. Sometimes all I want is just a hair color change. I hate not getting things exactly right. Adding this to ESO+ would definitely make desirable. It could even be a thing where the tokens don't stack, you get one or two a month, and they don't carry over, you have to wait for the next month to change another toon, or retweak the one you already changed. They cost too much as is. Other games provide in-game barbers that do this for free.
    Edited by Kesstryl on April 12, 2020 8:43PM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Priority server connection to
    Options
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made my nightblade at release. A nord. Highest of all and very muscular.

He look like a crossing of fatty and muscular, and it really grinds my gear when I switch between him and my other characters, but as other have said a appearance change is quite expensive even if you are a sub it still cost real money, which in my opinion it shouldn't when you pay for the game.
    Options
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a great addition to eso plus. Have several characters I'd love to make adjustments to, but nothing drastic enough to justify buying appearance change tokens.
    Options
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love this. I still have all my race change tokens from the racial rebalance, but I hate to use them for minor tweaks. For one thing they look so different in the character creator that it's hard to feel confident that I'd be happy with the changes once I could see them in-game.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I would not object to free I think Zos mucked up the design making it all or nothing.

If Zos had created a system where if we were charged crowns per slider we changed up to a max of a certain cost then offered ESO+ a discount I think the system would be more lucrative for them.

This design would mean we could do subtle changes at a lower cost. It would also be friendlier to the RP community. Get into a RP fight within your story and one can add a scar to the character for a very small cost.

But we have what we have and I doubt Zos will make appearance change free to ESO+. Best we can hope for is a discount.
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »
    Instead of just being able to do this, they should add tokens as a benefit to when you buy ESO plus, for example...
    That would be a nice idea. Maybe not too much, but...
    ...like...
    ...each 3 months ESO+, get one free appearance change token...
    ...each 6 months of ESO+, also get a free namechange token...
    ...each year of ESO+, also get a free racechange token.

idk wrote: »
    While I would not object to free I think Zos mucked up the design making it all or nothing.

If Zos had created a system where if we were charged crowns per slider we changed up to a max of a certain cost then offered ESO+ a discount I think the system would be more lucrative for them.

This design would mean we could do subtle changes at a lower cost. It would also be friendlier to the RP community. Get into a RP fight within your story and one can add a scar to the character for a very small cost.

But we have what we have and I doubt Zos will make appearance change free to ESO+. Best we can hope for is a discount.
    Yes! YES!! YES!!! THAT!!!! EXACTLY THAT!!!!!

And guess who argued every time for just such a system??? Heck, I remember @Gidorick sending me a "I give up" message in disappointment over this back when the token system came out...

Alas. Once more... paths not taken.
    Options
  • Smile2342
    Smile2342
    ✭✭
    Don't you already get 1650 crowns per month with your ESO membership? The in-game crown store shows appearance change token is available for 1000 crowns. Seems to me you just need to prioritize what you're doing with your membership crowns.
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    Agree. Name change, too. Both cosmetic. Race change should remain chargeable.

This would be great, I don't RP but maybe I'd like to alter a characters looks because after a few years I have a better idea of how I want them to look. Maybe I thought of a more interesting title in their name, like "The Bold" or "The Stupid".

RPers would love this because they can age their characters over time or mark some RP event. (ie. scars, tattoos, etc.)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.

No direct ingame advantage in power/resitance/wealth/points gain from eso+

@xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
    Options
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    No.

Appearance change is no in game advantage.

You can change your face and skin tone and height. How's that in game advantage?
    Options
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    No.

Ah yes that 1% AP boost from bretons, really going to break the economy with that one. Also, technically speaking, what about trial sets you can now get from ESO+ without actually having to own the DLC? Elsweyr will soon be going into ESO+ providing everyone with ESO+ access to sunspire, therefore being "better" than someone who doesn't own the DLC or ESO+.

What I'm trying to say, is that it's QOL improvements for race change tokens, because you could also just level up a new character. Providing players who pay £9.99~ a month, having no loyalty rewards is quite annoying for a subscription.

Oh also doesn't the:
    10% increase to Experience gains
    10% increase to Gold gains
    10% increase to Crafting Inspiration gains
    10% increase to Trait Research rates

Not count as a direct advantage?
    Options
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    mikejezz wrote: »
    Seriously, I can change my skin color etc in world of Warcraft, but in eso I have to pay real money even though I have a subscription.

I could understand it costs money since zenimax has to earn something, but this could be a benefit for eso plus users.

wont be added and isnt needed
    Options