The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Farming Bots in Alik'r Desert

Hyper445
Hyper445
Soul Shriven
Hi,
Yesterday I noticed some suspicious players while questing west of Sentinel in the Alik'r Desert. They were on a very particular loop and were regularly shooting projectiles in different directions. I eventually noticed that they were shooting at the spawn points for mudcrabs, so I figured out that they were bots farming for materials. I could definitely tell they were bots because they had no reactions to me, and there were actually several new "players" that joined the farm while I was observing them. Every bot walked straight to a corner near some stairs, then they started their loop of farming. (A runestone also spawns in this corner, and periodically each bot would return back to that corner then go back to farming. I'm assuming they were also farming runes or it was resetting their script so they don't get off track). I took a couple videos of these guys farming before I went on my way. The mudcrab corpses prevented me from seeing their names to report them, but I reported one of them (that of which had a completely nonsensical name).

I'm pretty new to the game so I'm still unfamiliar with all of this stuff, like the economy. You can check out the videos, let me know what you think:

Video 1 (First encounter)

Video 2 (Bot cycle + new bot joining)

Video 3 (New bot comes in from wayshrine and joins)

If anyone can see a name or two in the video and wants to report them, please do!
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been an ongoing problem for sometime. They are in every vanilla zone of the game and they take advantage of the free ESO plus events to get into DLC zones. Little to nothing has been done to stop them from getting into the game. If they are banned, they just create more fake accounts and go right back to doing what they were doing before. They are selling the mats to less scrupulous players and guilds, then the gold is sold online for cash.
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    I've reported these multiple times as well, with video and screenshot proof. It seems to me like the more you go to the troubles of recording these offenses and reporting them, the more they reappear. It's an endless circle of frustration and breaking game immersion experiences.
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹