Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Trying to play ESO on the free trial,not success.

Ximinetto
Ximinetto
✭✭✭
It says that ESO is free till day 13 of April but i downloaded the game and i can not log in. So what? It says "The sony entertainment network account have not real time multiplayer preferences. Please select another account or upgrade your permissions" or something like that. Is a PSN issue or what?
Edited by Ximinetto on April 7, 2020 5:40AM
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭
    Please anyone can answer me? I am trying to play but the game do not let me. I repeat,is a PSN issue or just only me?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The link below may offer some help. Ofc, click on the PS4 link.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/freeplay

If not then @ZOS_BillE may be able to give you some direction.

Good luck.
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭
    Do not worry,I WILL NOT PAY till i get my free trial,in meantime i play on other games. If i will not get my free trial,i will not play the game,is easy as that.

Is good to win money with a videogame but is better to not send FAKE trials to players so they will pay if they can not play due this FAKE trial.

Sorry,but i will not pay till i try my free trial. See ya.
    Edited by Ximinetto on April 7, 2020 6:40AM
  • Stealthk80
    Stealthk80
    ✭✭
    You need to register in the eso zos website, link that account to your psn accou nt and it should work. At least that's how I think it works, I originally played on pc, merged account with Psn and now xbox live, had no issues barring my vMA staff and bow being on my PC account, but that ain't changing anytime soon!!!
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭
    Stealthk80 wrote: »
    You need to register in the eso zos website, link that account to your psn accou nt and it should work. At least that's how I think it works, I originally played on pc, merged account with Psn and now xbox live, had no issues barring my vMA staff and bow being on my PC account, but that ain't changing anytime soon!!!

I already linked my Ps4 account. At least to the account site up left of this website. And still does not work.

• Stealthk80
    Stealthk80
    ✭✭
    Ximinetto wrote: »

I already linked my Ps4 account. At least to the account site up left of this website. And still does not work.

Ah this might be a parental restriction on your ps4 account there's something similar on xbox which limits what you can do socially, I would check there. Also, do you have psn plus?
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭

Ah this might be a parental restriction on your ps4 account there's something similar on xbox which limits what you can do socially, I would check there. Also, do you have psn plus?

No,i do not have Ps Plus. I need it? It says free till day 13,if i must pay then it is not free.

Edited by Ximinetto on April 9, 2020 1:59AM
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @Ximinetto, to play ESO on the PS4 a PlayStation Plus membership is required, as it says here. On the Free Play page, here, it says that players with a PlayStation Plus membership will be able to play the free trial.
    Edited by ZOS_Chiroptera on April 9, 2020 12:55PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @Ximinetto, to play ESO on the PS4 a PlayStation Plus membership is required, as it says here. On the Free Play page, here, it says that players with a PlayStation Plus membership will be able to play the free trial.

Ok then it is not free at all.

• Stealthk80
    Stealthk80
    ✭✭

Yes it is, that is a requirement from PlayStation to play ANY multilayer games, it is nothing to do with ZOS, it's the same deal for XBOX with gold requirement. If yoh have PSN Plus, there is no cost to play ESO as per the trial.
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭

Yes it is, that is a requirement from PlayStation to play ANY multilayer games, it is nothing to do with ZOS, it's the same deal for XBOX with gold requirement. If yoh have PSN Plus, there is no cost to play ESO as per the trial.

If i pay ps plus on the trial,is the same as paying ps plus without the trial. That is why i say it is not free at all.

Another thing is that you consider free to the greeymoor content,then we are talking on different things.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's free because you do not have to pay for a copy of the game.

The fact that other payments are required (including, but probably not limited to, buying a PS4, paying for an internet connection and paying for PS Plus to connect the Playstation to the internet) is irrelevant because those are not part of ESO. The game itself is available for free during the trial.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If i pay ps plus on the trial,is the same as paying ps plus without the trial. That is why i say it is not free at all.

Another thing is that you consider free to the greeymoor content,then we are talking on different things.

Both Sony and Microsoft require a "gold" or "plus" membership to play most if not all online games.
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26341/kw/do I need an xbox gold membership to play

If you want to play the game for "free", consoles aren't the best way to do it because of the "gold" or "plus" requirements.
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36798/kw/free play offer

The Elder Scrolls Online Free Play Event begins on Wednesday, April 1 at 10:00AM EDT, and it will run until Monday, April 13 at 10:00AM EDT.
    Note: Steam's Free Play Event will run from April 1 through April 6.

During this period anybody on PC/Mac, Xbox One (Xbox Live Gold required), and Playstation 4(Playstation Plus required) can download and play The Elder Scrolls Online base game free.
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

Both Sony and Microsoft require a "gold" or "plus" membership to play most if not all online games.
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26341/kw/do I need an xbox gold membership to play

If you want to play the game for "free", consoles aren't the best way to do it because of the "gold" or "plus" requirements.
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36798/kw/free play offer

The Elder Scrolls Online Free Play Event begins on Wednesday, April 1 at 10:00AM EDT, and it will run until Monday, April 13 at 10:00AM EDT.
    Note: Steam's Free Play Event will run from April 1 through April 6.

During this period anybody on PC/Mac, Xbox One (Xbox Live Gold required), and Playstation 4(Playstation Plus required) can download and play The Elder Scrolls Online base game free.

I start to understand,a guy who have not the game,can play those days to the game if he have a ps plus membership. But i already had the game bought but not ps plus membership. My apologies,i did not understood very good the free trial.

• pgorbas_ESO
    pgorbas_ESO
    ✭✭
    You can always play the game fully free on a PC, enough to see if you like it or not. Then you can buy the game (one time payment) and then get unlimited access without having to pay for a recurring subscription (which does gives a lot of perks, most notably the unlimited slotted crafting bag, but it does cost a lot of $$/month)