The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How do you feel about account-wide achievements?

Fajin
Fajin
✭✭✭
I think this was talked about a lot already and I know we have "mains" for the achievements, but for the sake of convenience don't you want account-wide achievements? Also that makes dyes account wide which is also really good.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mmo R.P.G.

Chess is for "account" stuff.

We play one character at a time.

I think we are already getting a benefit when the various mementos and such on one character are usable by others.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's that "dead horse" meme again ... ?
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice but they wouldn't do it.
    The good thing is, dyes are account wide, as are motif styles for changing your outfit appearance.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Fajin
    Fajin
    ✭✭✭
    Where's that "dead horse" meme again ... ?

But like bruh if this topic is always brought up maybe we actually need this?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like all achievements to be account wide. I don't like that my "main" is the one I need to collect certain achievements on. If I want to go fishing? No point unless it's the toon I'm doing master angler on. Want to do the achievements on that DLC dungeon I'm working on? No I won't bring my tank to help the group, my main is my healer.

Basically, if achievements were account wide, it would open up more gameplay options for me which I would consider a positive change.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would Love to have account wide achievements.
    we have been asking for that since beta.
  • Llorephie
    Llorephie
    Soul Shriven
    I would like all achievements to be account wide. I don't like that my "main" is the one I need to collect certain achievements on. If I want to go fishing? No point unless it's the toon I'm doing master angler on. Want to do the achievements on that DLC dungeon I'm working on? No I won't bring my tank to help the group, my main is my healer.

Basically, if achievements were account wide, it would open up more gameplay options for me which I would consider a positive change.

Let's remind that Skyshards and Skill line achievments are now for sale in crown store :)
    Most achievments are linked to char progression, so, you can't get achievment for 35 level on new 1-level character, and so on - counters on crafting achievments, motif learning...
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great, but you won't get far with this suggestion on the forums. No matter what improvement you suggest, the least convenient option is usually the most popular.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fajin wrote: »
    I think this was talked about a lot already
    Yes. Yes it was.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this was talked about a lot already and I know we have "mains" for the achievements, but for the sake of convenience don't you want account-wide achievements? Also that makes dyes account wide which is also really good.

I don't want account-wide achievements. However, I do expect that ZOS will monetize "copying" achievements from Character A to Character B.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some should, but at the same time they should also be redoable on different characters. As much as I dislike mentioning WoW, it did implement that quite nice.

For example, I wish some title achievments were accountwide, like the one for Witch from the Witches Festival. That one is such a poa for such a minor thing as a small title.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on April 6, 2020 7:19PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love account wide achievements and titles.
    Edited by Casul on April 6, 2020 7:21PM
    PvP needs more love.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I am for them.

Having changed my main from a Nightblade to a Necromancer there are a lot of achievements I need to get again which are not hard, but also not fun and just a grind.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some things should be earned per character, but others are just.. petty. like... if i did an achievement for finishing a zone on at least one character - i should be able to buy furniture off achievement vendor on all of my characters. sure, if my alts want the skill points, it makes sense that they each do the story. but vendor? should be open.

same for titles

I don't see how its any different from us already being able to use achievement dyes, skins and mounts account-wide.

and don't even get me started on those "collect body parts" achievements. those HAVE to be account wide. they are grindy and rng heavy enough as it is. but its a special kind of fun when you are missing ONE part on a character to finish a particular collection. a part that refuses to drop for that character... only to randomly drop for an alt you play for a half an hour on a whim...

or the other even fun collect 10 fragments to make a pet achievement. where maker help you if you consume a part or two on a wrong character... pet once you make it is accountwide, why isn't fragment collection for those (staring pointedly at mummified alfiq and marrionette, not to mention joke popper etc mementos)
    Edited by Linaleah on April 6, 2020 7:48PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Personally I am for them.

Having changed my main from a Nightblade to a Necromancer there are a lot of achievements I need to get again which are not hard, but also not fun and just a grind.

Why chase achievements? Putting it another way, if they are important to you, then you do it. If they are not fun, and are a grind, why bother?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half the players want everything account-wide, half the players want everything character-specific.There are a couple of reasons for the split, one being between traditional console players who are used to everything being done by "the player" and traditional PC players who are used to everything being done by "the character".

The other reason is that there are those who play a "main" and only roll "alts" in order to try out different classes and builds, leveling the latter to 50 in a matter of hours at a dolmen, typically before jumping into PvP so they want all the extras over and above the levels immediately. Then there are those (not necessarily role-players) who want to play the whole game with multiple individual and equal characters who differ in various ways other than just class or build. For example, I'm not a role-player as such but my Imperial templar is a holy paladin type who doesn't touch the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood and neither steals nor trespasses. On the other hand, my dark elf nightblade assassin does both. Why should his achievements be imposed on my templar?

Fortunately, ZOS recognise the dual ways in which the game is played, and have struck a fair balance between some things that are account-wide like CPs, dye unlocks and collections etc, and those that are character-specific like most achievements. They've already conceded a lot to the account-wide supporters by making skill points available in the Crown Store through skyshards. So far as the account-wide supporters are concerned, it is surely more than a fair compromise already.

I don't believe tthat ZOS should concede anything else, but be in no doubt that if they did so it would be through the Crown Store. We already have the evidence for that in the skill points/skyshards. That is a slippery slope in more ways than one, and I hope players won't blindly lead ZOS down it, as the overall game would be the worse for it. If achievements are worth having, then they're worth putting in the time and effort to get them, if not then don't bother.
  • Gorgoneus
    Gorgoneus
    ✭✭✭
    This is just a big time sinking blackhole to grind same achievements again and again with each characters. Lets be hones, the only reason we have costumes and mounts account wide is specifications of this console engine of the game.
    Also I have a question to thouse hypocritical people who are for the character bound system: how is your feelings about account wide bank slots and collections? Your alts are not deserved right to use your main bank slots and crown skins.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks, it's bad enough they get infected with cp. I'd like to know that when I "finish" one char, I can take the marvelous tour all over again, actually FEELING the achievement of getting the achievement on another char, with another build, other skills.

If that's gonna happen, like with CP, whats the pointe of doing it again if not the fun, and adapting to a new class/style - I'd just be DONE DONE! :(
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But then again, I'm actually un-happy about cp being infectious, it kinda kills the fun of working for it, which would be what keeps us playing. Collections, costumes, so on, fair enough. DON'T think a new char should automatically level to your mains cp once your newbies hit cp, and REALLY don't want to see my mains achievements on a char id like to work with, experience it again, in THAT chars way... It would cut more years off my time in this game, then cp-share already did.
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • GalexPK
    GalexPK
    ✭✭✭

This is how i feel, no point of doing a vet dungeon/trial for achievement if is not on my main. Same as the DLC/chapter zones.
    PC NA:
    Karim Vidal - Altmer Magicka Templar

La'Mahnaz - Bosmer WW Stamina Nightblade

Alba Id - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer

La'Ainaz - Bosmer Vamp Necro

Va'Shir - Khajiit Nightblade

Steam ID: Galexpk
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about achievements at all. So I guess I don't care what ZOS does.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more against it than for it but, if they did it, I'd still be logging on and playing. I do enjoy those achievement popups though; they feel like an "addagirl".

Edited by Dojohoda on April 7, 2020 12:26AM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t want account-wide achievements. I like the system as it is. Each of my characters feels individual.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After everyone grind their souls out so they can achieve the same achievements on multiple characters you want to make it account wide ?
    It will seriously diminish their efforts and the achievements.

This will never happen.
    If you wondered... I'm not Molag Bal, it is just a reference to souls! ;)
    Edited by Universe on April 6, 2020 11:17PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and I know we have "mains" for the achievements

We do?
    I just thought the main was the character you put the most effort & resources into. i.e the one you "mainly" play.

On the one hand, I don't really care one way or the other.

On the other hand, having the achievements not auto-fill on your other characters can be useful for keeping track of what that character hasn't done yet.
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭

I am totally against - no more to be said.
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most definitely against it.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Be careful what you wish for guys.

My prediction for Zos actually implementing this:

Achievements are now account wide, however-

Overland achievements give 78% less achievement points.

Vet dungeon achievements show up as completed in your journal, but no longer award achievement points.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that a lot of people would scream about their precious multiplayer immurshun if titles were account wide, but i'm for it.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please