Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Elemental succession

WacArnold
WacArnold
✭✭✭
Force pulse will proc this right? And since its 4 seconds per element you can proc all 3 elements up at the same time and keep them up essentially 100% of the time right?
Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I’m not sure if the Spell Damage applies to the skill that procs it though, so you might end up with 1 unbuffed Force Pulse cast every 4s.
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    farming for flame destruction staves for this set has unfortunately crushed my spirit
    Options
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    farming for flame destruction staves for this set has unfortunately crushed my spirit

    Got it on my 40 something attempt... :cry: totally worth it! I nearly gave up front barring it and was going to double bar my other set. It another heart breaker this one for sure :lol:
    Options
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. I’m not sure if the Spell Damage applies to the skill that procs it though, so you might end up with 1 unbuffed Force Pulse cast every 4s.

    Thanks that will still work even if it does not.
    farming for flame destruction staves for this set has unfortunately crushed my spirit

    This is why i wanted to make sure, im definitely in for a long grind.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
    Options
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I went from 1k cp to almost 1050 at this point, and i still haven;t got a single inferno staff, and i'm *** pissed.

    This is worse than any other weapon grind, because at least in dungeons you have a chance for the drop in chests and stuff, here? Only last chest, that is it, coupled with objectively bad pieces of loot, it's almost impossible to get one.

    Who the *** needs a dagger of succession anyway? If you are gonna think about a sword and board build, just limit it to sword, so it's also useful for dual wield, but obviously, that would be too smart for zos to do. "smart loot"

    I even got a bow of succession, like wtf? And this is not even considering the other sets, that also have their stupid pieces of loot that no one in their right mind will ever use.
    Edited by JinMori on April 6, 2020 3:41PM
    Options
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    I went from 1k cp to almost 1050 at this point, and i still haven;t got a single inferno staff, and i'm *** pissed.

    This is worse than any other weapon grind, because at least in dungeons you have a chance for the drop in chests and stuff, here? Only last chest, that is it, coupled with objectively bad pieces of loot, it's almost impossible to get one.

    Who the *** needs a dagger of succession anyway? If you are gonna think about a sword and board build, just limit it to sword, so it's also useful for dual wield, but obviously, that would be too smart for zos to do. "smart loot"

    I even got a bow of succession, like wtf? And this is not even considering the other sets, that also have their stupid pieces of loot that no one in their right mind will ever use.

    Why would you limit it to just sword if you know you need a shield? Cutting out pieces isn't going to improve your drop chances
    Options
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    I went from 1k cp to almost 1050 at this point, and i still haven;t got a single inferno staff, and i'm *** pissed.

    This is worse than any other weapon grind, because at least in dungeons you have a chance for the drop in chests and stuff, here? Only last chest, that is it, coupled with objectively bad pieces of loot, it's almost impossible to get one.

    Who the *** needs a dagger of succession anyway? If you are gonna think about a sword and board build, just limit it to sword, so it's also useful for dual wield, but obviously, that would be too smart for zos to do. "smart loot"

    I even got a bow of succession, like wtf? And this is not even considering the other sets, that also have their stupid pieces of loot that no one in their right mind will ever use.

    Why would you limit it to just sword if you know you need a shield? Cutting out pieces isn't going to improve your drop chances

    What? Decreasing the amount of pieces you get would reduce the possible loot pool, therefore increasing your chance to actually get what you want. Because when someone wants succ, chances are that 99% of the time they want the inferno staff.

    Especially if it's a redundant piece, if you need a sword and board succession build for some unknown reason, it makes no difference whether the weapon you are using is a dagger or a sword or a mace or whatever, but it does matter if you want to make a dual wield succ, therefore cutting out maces, daggers and axes would remove 3 possible pieces of gear that are completely useless, from the loot pool.
    Edited by JinMori on April 6, 2020 5:16PM
    Options
  • raegun
    raegun
    ✭✭
    I've been farming a second bow and second lightning staff and was fortunate enough to get a flame staff of succession last night I only started looking at the set last week I think i lucked out but it is possible to get it
    Edited by raegun on April 6, 2020 5:27PM
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    JinMori wrote: »
    I went from 1k cp to almost 1050 at this point, and i still haven;t got a single inferno staff, and i'm *** pissed.

    This is worse than any other weapon grind, because at least in dungeons you have a chance for the drop in chests and stuff, here? Only last chest, that is it, coupled with objectively bad pieces of loot, it's almost impossible to get one.

    Who the *** needs a dagger of succession anyway? If you are gonna think about a sword and board build, just limit it to sword, so it's also useful for dual wield, but obviously, that would be too smart for zos to do. "smart loot"

    I even got a bow of succession, like wtf? And this is not even considering the other sets, that also have their stupid pieces of loot that no one in their right mind will ever use.

    Why would you limit it to just sword if you know you need a shield? Cutting out pieces isn't going to improve your drop chances

    What? Decreasing the amount of pieces you get would reduce the possible loot pool, therefore increasing your chance to actually get what you want. Because when someone wants succ, chances are that 99% of the time they want the inferno staff.

    Especially if it's a redundant piece, if you need a sword and board succession build for some unknown reason, it makes no difference whether the weapon you are using is a dagger or a sword or a mace or whatever, but it does matter if you want to make a dual wield succ, therefore cutting out maces, daggers and axes would remove 3 possible pieces of gear that are completely useless, from the loot pool.

    What?

    You're assuming a player would only want swords for the extra damage from the dual wield passives. When they might instead want maces to ignore an opponent's physical resistance.

    I'm not saying a dual wield succession build would be an optimal setup ... but there is a flaw in your argument too.

    Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 6, 2020 6:54PM
    Options
  • mpicklesster
    mpicklesster
    ✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    JinMori wrote: »
    I went from 1k cp to almost 1050 at this point, and i still haven;t got a single inferno staff, and i'm *** pissed.

    This is worse than any other weapon grind, because at least in dungeons you have a chance for the drop in chests and stuff, here? Only last chest, that is it, coupled with objectively bad pieces of loot, it's almost impossible to get one.

    Who the *** needs a dagger of succession anyway? If you are gonna think about a sword and board build, just limit it to sword, so it's also useful for dual wield, but obviously, that would be too smart for zos to do. "smart loot"

    I even got a bow of succession, like wtf? And this is not even considering the other sets, that also have their stupid pieces of loot that no one in their right mind will ever use.

    Why would you limit it to just sword if you know you need a shield? Cutting out pieces isn't going to improve your drop chances

    What? Decreasing the amount of pieces you get would reduce the possible loot pool, therefore increasing your chance to actually get what you want. Because when someone wants succ, chances are that 99% of the time they want the inferno staff.

    Especially if it's a redundant piece, if you need a sword and board succession build for some unknown reason, it makes no difference whether the weapon you are using is a dagger or a sword or a mace or whatever, but it does matter if you want to make a dual wield succ, therefore cutting out maces, daggers and axes would remove 3 possible pieces of gear that are completely useless, from the loot pool.

    What?

    You're assuming a player would only want swords for the extra damage from the dual wield passives. When they might instead want maces to ignore an opponent's physical resistance.

    I'm not saying a dual wield succession build would be an optimal setup ... but there is a flaw in your argument too.

    Insisting that maces be in the loot table for Elemental Succession makes about as much sense as insisting that inferno staves be in the loot table for Blood Drinker. Do you see the logical incompatibility there?

    One is a magicka DPS set--which won't benefit at all from extra physical penetration. The other is a physical damage set--which won't benefit at all from a magic-based weapon.
    Options
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    JinMori wrote: »
    I went from 1k cp to almost 1050 at this point, and i still haven;t got a single inferno staff, and i'm *** pissed.

    This is worse than any other weapon grind, because at least in dungeons you have a chance for the drop in chests and stuff, here? Only last chest, that is it, coupled with objectively bad pieces of loot, it's almost impossible to get one.

    Who the *** needs a dagger of succession anyway? If you are gonna think about a sword and board build, just limit it to sword, so it's also useful for dual wield, but obviously, that would be too smart for zos to do. "smart loot"

    I even got a bow of succession, like wtf? And this is not even considering the other sets, that also have their stupid pieces of loot that no one in their right mind will ever use.

    Why would you limit it to just sword if you know you need a shield? Cutting out pieces isn't going to improve your drop chances

    What? Decreasing the amount of pieces you get would reduce the possible loot pool, therefore increasing your chance to actually get what you want. Because when someone wants succ, chances are that 99% of the time they want the inferno staff.

    Especially if it's a redundant piece, if you need a sword and board succession build for some unknown reason, it makes no difference whether the weapon you are using is a dagger or a sword or a mace or whatever, but it does matter if you want to make a dual wield succ, therefore cutting out maces, daggers and axes would remove 3 possible pieces of gear that are completely useless, from the loot pool.

    What?

    You're assuming a player would only want swords for the extra damage from the dual wield passives. When they might instead want maces to ignore an opponent's physical resistance.

    I'm not saying a dual wield succession build would be an optimal setup ... but there is a flaw in your argument too.

    I am 99 % sure you are joking, but yea, it's succession, phys penetration is literally useless.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »

    I am 99 % sure you are joking, but yea, it's succession, phys penetration is literally useless.

    ^ This

    If you're using Elemental Succession physical penetration and weapon damage are two stats that mean nothing to you. You're a mage using magic, flame, ice, and lightning damage which means you need spell penetration instead.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    JinMori wrote: »
    I went from 1k cp to almost 1050 at this point, and i still haven;t got a single inferno staff, and i'm *** pissed.

    This is worse than any other weapon grind, because at least in dungeons you have a chance for the drop in chests and stuff, here? Only last chest, that is it, coupled with objectively bad pieces of loot, it's almost impossible to get one.

    Who the *** needs a dagger of succession anyway? If you are gonna think about a sword and board build, just limit it to sword, so it's also useful for dual wield, but obviously, that would be too smart for zos to do. "smart loot"

    I even got a bow of succession, like wtf? And this is not even considering the other sets, that also have their stupid pieces of loot that no one in their right mind will ever use.

    Why would you limit it to just sword if you know you need a shield? Cutting out pieces isn't going to improve your drop chances

    What? Decreasing the amount of pieces you get would reduce the possible loot pool, therefore increasing your chance to actually get what you want. Because when someone wants succ, chances are that 99% of the time they want the inferno staff.

    Especially if it's a redundant piece, if you need a sword and board succession build for some unknown reason, it makes no difference whether the weapon you are using is a dagger or a sword or a mace or whatever, but it does matter if you want to make a dual wield succ, therefore cutting out maces, daggers and axes would remove 3 possible pieces of gear that are completely useless, from the loot pool.

    What?

    You're assuming a player would only want swords for the extra damage from the dual wield passives. When they might instead want maces to ignore an opponent's physical resistance.

    I'm not saying a dual wield succession build would be an optimal setup ... but there is a flaw in your argument too.

    Insisting that maces be in the loot table for Elemental Succession makes about as much sense as insisting that inferno staves be in the loot table for Blood Drinker. Do you see the logical incompatibility there?

    One is a magicka DPS set--which won't benefit at all from extra physical penetration. The other is a physical damage set--which won't benefit at all from a magic-based weapon.

    The "smart loot" feature means you will not get a piece of gear that, literally, cannot meet it's own set conditions. It does not mean that you will get a piece of gear that is perfectly aligned with the meta. You will not get a bow with a "adds 400 weapon damage to your two-handed abilities" bonus because a bow, literally, cannot proc that bonus.

    ZOS just give you pieces of gear that work. It then lets the players figure out the meta. Tanks running lightning staves to apply off-balance? Healers running Martial Knowledge set? None of these make much sense at first and are very unlikely to be how ZOS had their usage in mind at release. And PvP is a whole other ball game, where players often need to be tank, healer, and DPS all rolled into one and all kinds of weird off-meta builds exist.

    I think the lack of random chest spawns and lack of other players to share gear with hurts the RNG in Maelstrom. But I think that if ZOS made "smart loot" mean "give gear that matches the meta" it would be a mistake. There are actually some surprisingly odd gear choices that are currently meta.

    Dropping set weapons (i.e., non-Maelstrom weapons) over the last 3 rounds instead of only final round might help reduce the farming frustration. Or maybe giving double set drops on vMA compared to nMA.
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

    Dropping set weapons (i.e., non-Maelstrom weapons) over the last 3 rounds instead of only final round might help reduce the farming frustration.

    This, PLEASE. This has never been a problem because the vMA sets were never that great, but now that they are, it's very limiting. nMA isn't much faster, and is pretty tedious and lonely since it's 1-person content
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    JinMori wrote: »
    I went from 1k cp to almost 1050 at this point, and i still haven;t got a single inferno staff, and i'm *** pissed.

    This is worse than any other weapon grind, because at least in dungeons you have a chance for the drop in chests and stuff, here? Only last chest, that is it, coupled with objectively bad pieces of loot, it's almost impossible to get one.

    Who the *** needs a dagger of succession anyway? If you are gonna think about a sword and board build, just limit it to sword, so it's also useful for dual wield, but obviously, that would be too smart for zos to do. "smart loot"

    I even got a bow of succession, like wtf? And this is not even considering the other sets, that also have their stupid pieces of loot that no one in their right mind will ever use.

    Why would you limit it to just sword if you know you need a shield? Cutting out pieces isn't going to improve your drop chances

    What? Decreasing the amount of pieces you get would reduce the possible loot pool, therefore increasing your chance to actually get what you want. Because when someone wants succ, chances are that 99% of the time they want the inferno staff.

    Especially if it's a redundant piece, if you need a sword and board succession build for some unknown reason, it makes no difference whether the weapon you are using is a dagger or a sword or a mace or whatever, but it does matter if you want to make a dual wield succ, therefore cutting out maces, daggers and axes would remove 3 possible pieces of gear that are completely useless, from the loot pool.

    Lol I mean with that kind of thinking why don't we remove all the weapons and jewlery and just keep the armor? You wouldn't have to farm MA at all

    Redundancy is subjective so just because you don't need it doesnt mean others don't and they aren't completely useless. Learn to farm bro or just use a different set if it's that monumental that you need to change the system to get what you need.
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    I went from 1k cp to almost 1050 at this point, and i still haven;t got a single inferno staff, and i'm *** pissed.

    This is worse than any other weapon grind, because at least in dungeons you have a chance for the drop in chests and stuff, here? Only last chest, that is it, coupled with objectively bad pieces of loot, it's almost impossible to get one.

    Who the *** needs a dagger of succession anyway? If you are gonna think about a sword and board build, just limit it to sword, so it's also useful for dual wield, but obviously, that would be too smart for zos to do. "smart loot"

    I even got a bow of succession, like wtf? And this is not even considering the other sets, that also have their stupid pieces of loot that no one in their right mind will ever use.

    Winterborn frost staff from maelstrom arena shouldn’t be legal for mental health reasons!
    Options
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so Force Pulse will instead of 400 spd will use 1200 spd for total final damage? that's quite broken if true.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
    Options
  • mpicklesster
    mpicklesster
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    JinMori wrote: »
    JinMori wrote: »
    I went from 1k cp to almost 1050 at this point, and i still haven;t got a single inferno staff, and i'm *** pissed.

    This is worse than any other weapon grind, because at least in dungeons you have a chance for the drop in chests and stuff, here? Only last chest, that is it, coupled with objectively bad pieces of loot, it's almost impossible to get one.

    Who the *** needs a dagger of succession anyway? If you are gonna think about a sword and board build, just limit it to sword, so it's also useful for dual wield, but obviously, that would be too smart for zos to do. "smart loot"

    I even got a bow of succession, like wtf? And this is not even considering the other sets, that also have their stupid pieces of loot that no one in their right mind will ever use.

    Why would you limit it to just sword if you know you need a shield? Cutting out pieces isn't going to improve your drop chances

    What? Decreasing the amount of pieces you get would reduce the possible loot pool, therefore increasing your chance to actually get what you want. Because when someone wants succ, chances are that 99% of the time they want the inferno staff.

    Especially if it's a redundant piece, if you need a sword and board succession build for some unknown reason, it makes no difference whether the weapon you are using is a dagger or a sword or a mace or whatever, but it does matter if you want to make a dual wield succ, therefore cutting out maces, daggers and axes would remove 3 possible pieces of gear that are completely useless, from the loot pool.

    What?

    You're assuming a player would only want swords for the extra damage from the dual wield passives. When they might instead want maces to ignore an opponent's physical resistance.

    I'm not saying a dual wield succession build would be an optimal setup ... but there is a flaw in your argument too.

    Insisting that maces be in the loot table for Elemental Succession makes about as much sense as insisting that inferno staves be in the loot table for Blood Drinker. Do you see the logical incompatibility there?

    One is a magicka DPS set--which won't benefit at all from extra physical penetration. The other is a physical damage set--which won't benefit at all from a magic-based weapon.

    The "smart loot" feature means you will not get a piece of gear that, literally, cannot meet it's own set conditions. It does not mean that you will get a piece of gear that is perfectly aligned with the meta. You will not get a bow with a "adds 400 weapon damage to your two-handed abilities" bonus because a bow, literally, cannot proc that bonus.

    ZOS just give you pieces of gear that work. It then lets the players figure out the meta. Tanks running lightning staves to apply off-balance? Healers running Martial Knowledge set? None of these make much sense at first and are very unlikely to be how ZOS had their usage in mind at release. And PvP is a whole other ball game, where players often need to be tank, healer, and DPS all rolled into one and all kinds of weird off-meta builds exist.

    I think the lack of random chest spawns and lack of other players to share gear with hurts the RNG in Maelstrom. But I think that if ZOS made "smart loot" mean "give gear that matches the meta" it would be a mistake. There are actually some surprisingly odd gear choices that are currently meta.

    Dropping set weapons (i.e., non-Maelstrom weapons) over the last 3 rounds instead of only final round might help reduce the farming frustration. Or maybe giving double set drops on vMA compared to nMA.

    It sounds like you don't understand the difference between non-meta and just plain nonsensical. Maces of Elemental Succession are just plain nonsensical. They boost physical penetration--which has zero effect on a magicka DPS set. If you don't believe me, try it out yourself. Max out your physical penetration as far as it will go and see if it improves your DPS with a magicka-based set. I'll save you the trouble: it won't have any effect!

    A balanced smart loot system would take that into account. I'm not advocating for a "meta-only" loot table. You seem to have inferred that yourself. I'm just saying ZOS should cut things from the loot table that make zero sense (like maces for a magicka DPS set or frost staves for a poison damage set).

    Then people would actually have more incentive to farm for the sets they really want because they could rest assured that the loot table had more forgiving RNG. That in itself would encourage more build diversity. I know first hand that the senseless nature of the loot table has discouraged me from farming up gear for a number of "off-meta" builds I'd like to try.
    Options
  • Caelc
    Caelc
    ✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    so Force Pulse will instead of 400 spd will use 1200 spd for total final damage? that's quite broken if true.

    no...

    it will use 400 on cold, on lightning and on fire dmg. not 1200.

    its no different than 400 dmg on new moons etc.

    I use the set on magdk since its basically all fire and magcro since the only skill that is magic is the mages skill
    Options
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caelc wrote: »
    Sergykid wrote: »
    so Force Pulse will instead of 400 spd will use 1200 spd for total final damage? that's quite broken if true.

    no...

    it will use 400 on cold, on lightning and on fire dmg. not 1200.

    its no different than 400 dmg on new moons etc.

    I use the set on magdk since its basically all fire and magcro since the only skill that is magic is the mages skill

    let's say the spell deals 1000 frost, 1000 fire, 1000 shock. You add the 550 spd from succ. You hit all with all 3 elements, so all 3 buffs from the succ set activate. So you deal 1550 frost, 1550 fire, 1550 shock? meaning you use this set 3x in a single cast?
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
    Options
  • JackSmirkingRevenge
    Love this set on my magcro
    Options
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    ​Greetings,
    We had to remove some posts as it violated our rules around baiting. Please be sure to keep discussions civil and constructive​. If you have any questions about the actions being taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Caelc
    Caelc
    ✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    Caelc wrote: »
    Sergykid wrote: »
    so Force Pulse will instead of 400 spd will use 1200 spd for total final damage? that's quite broken if true.

    no...

    it will use 400 on cold, on lightning and on fire dmg. not 1200.

    its no different than 400 dmg on new moons etc.

    I use the set on magdk since its basically all fire and magcro since the only skill that is magic is the mages skill

    let's say the spell deals 1000 frost, 1000 fire, 1000 shock. You add the 550 spd from succ. You hit all with all 3 elements, so all 3 buffs from the succ set activate. So you deal 1550 frost, 1550 fire, 1550 shock? meaning you use this set 3x in a single cast?

    how is that different if you have any other set that just adds 500 spell damage?
    Options
  • SpLaTTyDaDDy
    SpLaTTyDaDDy
    ✭✭✭
    What would be the better setup 2 run on my magdk? I have 3 elfbane jewels,2 body pieces 3 bsw armor 1 bsw inferno/vma inferno
    I also have ele succession on my necro paired with scathing mage/vma inferno or lightning and lambris(Havent done much SS or CR for the falsegod or siroria.
    Pretty much bsw,succession,moondancer,aether,julianos,scathing,spell strat,elfbane is what I got between my mag toons
    Edited by SpLaTTyDaDDy on April 8, 2020 5:11PM
    Options
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. It's a good set too- it parses close to Siroria for me on my magden when paired with Mother's Sorrow and Zaan.

    And yeah, i realize that a lot of magden skills are magic damage. I have no idea why it works so well for me.
    Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WacArnold wrote: »
    Force pulse will proc this right? And since its 4 seconds per element you can proc all 3 elements up at the same time and keep them up essentially 100% of the time right?

    I was never able to have 100% uptime on the buff. I tried on mgdk for testing sense it mostly does fire dmg. I always applied skills before their durations end but I never managed to get 100% uptime, it is always between 80-95% uptime. Note that I used 5 fire dots that are embers, engulfing flames, eeuption, elemntal wall, and fure rune dot morphs, it was srill not enought to have 100% uptime and I think it is not possible to do so.
    Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caelc wrote: »
    Sergykid wrote: »
    Caelc wrote: »
    Sergykid wrote: »
    so Force Pulse will instead of 400 spd will use 1200 spd for total final damage? that's quite broken if true.

    no...

    it will use 400 on cold, on lightning and on fire dmg. not 1200.

    its no different than 400 dmg on new moons etc.

    I use the set on magdk since its basically all fire and magcro since the only skill that is magic is the mages skill

    let's say the spell deals 1000 frost, 1000 fire, 1000 shock. You add the 550 spd from succ. You hit all with all 3 elements, so all 3 buffs from the succ set activate. So you deal 1550 frost, 1550 fire, 1550 shock? meaning you use this set 3x in a single cast?

    how is that different if you have any other set that just adds 500 spell damage?

    It does not affect magic dmg type, like if you are magsorc it will buff most of your attacks except for curse and crystal fragments because they do magic dmg. Birds and shalks for wardens. This set is mostly uselss on both magblade and magplar since most of their dmg is magic dmg. It is most usefull on magcro since it uses all elemnta types that are fire,fronst and lightning, and magdk since it is all out fire dmg focused.
    Options
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caelc wrote: »
    Sergykid wrote: »
    Caelc wrote: »
    Sergykid wrote: »
    so Force Pulse will instead of 400 spd will use 1200 spd for total final damage? that's quite broken if true.

    no...

    it will use 400 on cold, on lightning and on fire dmg. not 1200.

    its no different than 400 dmg on new moons etc.

    I use the set on magdk since its basically all fire and magcro since the only skill that is magic is the mages skill

    let's say the spell deals 1000 frost, 1000 fire, 1000 shock. You add the 550 spd from succ. You hit all with all 3 elements, so all 3 buffs from the succ set activate. So you deal 1550 frost, 1550 fire, 1550 shock? meaning you use this set 3x in a single cast?

    how is that different if you have any other set that just adds 500 spell damage?

    well from my example from 3k damage total with 500 more "spell" damage it would be 3500. With this set that buffs each element individually, it reaches 4650?
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
    Options
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Love this set on my magcro

    This is what I was thinking of using it for.
    Edited by WacArnold on April 9, 2020 3:23AM
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
    Options
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    Caelc wrote: »
    Sergykid wrote: »
    Caelc wrote: »
    Sergykid wrote: »
    so Force Pulse will instead of 400 spd will use 1200 spd for total final damage? that's quite broken if true.

    no...

    it will use 400 on cold, on lightning and on fire dmg. not 1200.

    its no different than 400 dmg on new moons etc.

    I use the set on magdk since its basically all fire and magcro since the only skill that is magic is the mages skill

    let's say the spell deals 1000 frost, 1000 fire, 1000 shock. You add the 550 spd from succ. You hit all with all 3 elements, so all 3 buffs from the succ set activate. So you deal 1550 frost, 1550 fire, 1550 shock? meaning you use this set 3x in a single cast?

    how is that different if you have any other set that just adds 500 spell damage?

    well from my example from 3k damage total with 500 more "spell" damage it would be 3500. With this set that buffs each element individually, it reaches 4650?

    No. The buff only applies to the element that procced the set. So you would have 3500 spell damage for all three elemental types in your example.
    Options
Sign In or Register to comment.