The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Return of the Sprint Bug

Shantu
Shantu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It's been awhile, but now getting this bug frequently in the midst of busy dungeon and trial content. Stuck in sprint mode, unable to use skills. Sometimes hitting the sprint key will get you out of it. Sometimes not. I thought this bug was history. Apparently not. Bug reported. Very annoying.

Lots of other weird things going on lately. Brief periods when all skill animation sputters then stops without executing. Skills not firing at all. Weird reset to a position I was at 10 seconds ago. Chalking it up to high server load with the event and people at home. But still... :/
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That can’t be right. This was a performance patch.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently getting the rooted-into-place-can't-move bug relatively frequently and thought this was ironed-out ages ago.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuck in combat is even more annoying - when you can't use any skill, are unable to loot anything and so on. Sometimes it helps to just swing with your weapon through thin air, but most of the time just relog will fix it.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    That can’t be right. This was a performance patch.

When was there a performance patch????
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its being caused by the virus

:#
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭

i think you mean the lodos plague, come and get the cure....
    After careful consideration (and oh! so much deliberation) we have concluded that you circumstance sounds too much like a l2p issue for it to be just a mere coincidence.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reset of position lot of time caused by gap-closers. It especially terrible in lag (i.e. most of time) when using charge disabling you char or several seconds later porting you to position from which you used it.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens with lagg, not frequently, but it happens.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    It's been awhile, but now getting this bug frequently in the midst of busy dungeon and trial content. Stuck in sprint mode, unable to use skills. Sometimes hitting the sprint key will get you out of it. Sometimes not. I thought this bug was history. Apparently not. Bug reported. Very annoying.

Lots of other weird things going on lately. Brief periods when all skill animation sputters then stops without executing. Skills not firing at all. Weird reset to a position I was at 10 seconds ago. Chalking it up to high server load with the event and people at home. But still... :/

Yes. I do remember the bug and yes it has happened several times in the past few days for me. I had forgotten about it but now that you mentioned it that is what was happening.

Going to report it next time but so far the only fix was to log out and back in.
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m getting all of the above plus I get the “shield glitch” every time that I play. I have learned to live with that big block hologram in front of my toons all the time.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Stuck in combat is even more annoying - when you can't use any skill, are unable to loot anything and so on. Sometimes it helps to just swing with your weapon through thin air, but most of the time just relog will fix it.

The stuck in combat bug can be irritating. I had to exit completely out of a zone the other day to finally get out of combat.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raammzzaa wrote: »
    I’m getting all of the above plus I get the “shield glitch” every time that I play. I have learned to live with that big block hologram in front of my toons all the time.

Yeah, I get this all the time too. Doesn't really hurt anything but it's very distracting. I was trying out the new Mother Ciannait's monster set the other day. 3 times in the same dungeon the shield would get stuck on. Reloading UI did not help. Each time had to log out and back in to get rid of it. Really annoying. Reported it too. Weird times. Bugs all over the place.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilenceTM by ZOS