Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Your group members voted to .......

SoggyBizkit
SoggyBizkit
✭✭✭
Well being on lock down the last 2 weeks has brought me back to Tamerial. Not been online for a few years and been leveling a Nord Nerco. I myself have always had a good sense of feeling for the community in ESO. I have to tried to help anyone in chat with crafting, world bosses etc but the last few weeks I have seen some disgusting behavior. LFG for my daily random dungeon for example resulted in my group voting to kick me 3 times now this week. 3 times in a normal dungeon I could play with 1 hand, I'm a Necromancer would that be why ? Is there a new hate of Nords spreading around town ? When you kick someone at least give them a reason or maybe a group chat message like hey Mr necro.......


Update.
After reading all the feedback I went and checked out role, for some strange reason I was assigned a tank role.... yes I know it's been a while. Also old age is catching up on me.
Edited by SoggyBizkit on April 6, 2020 4:44PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' (what?)
    Options
  • tuxon
    tuxon
    ✭✭✭✭
    There must be a reason, do they kick you straight at the entrance or what?
    Resdayniil kan tarcel
    Options
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' (what?)

    :D

    But are you just 1-handed? Like a 1h sword? You're probably not pulling much DPS as that's not a weapon skill line.

    Add a shield if you want to tank, another sword or a 2h if you want to DPS.
    Options
  • SoggyBizkit
    SoggyBizkit
    ✭✭✭
    tuxon wrote: »
    There must be a reason, do they kick you straight at the entrance or what?

    Nope after a few bosses. I know how to play its a normal dungeon while leveling.
    Options
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stanx wrote: »
    Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' (what?)

    :D

    But are you just 1-handed? Like a 1h sword? You're probably not pulling much DPS as that's not a weapon skill line.

    Add a shield if you want to tank, another sword or a 2h if you want to DPS.

    Lol no, OP means it's such an easy run they could play with one hand tied behind their back.

    I dunno about the vote kick, though. Some people are just idiots, and more of them are online with nothing to do these days. If you're not in a fake role, or rushing ahead, and don't, I dunno, have a dumb name on that character or something, I'm out of ideas.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
    Options
  • SoggyBizkit
    SoggyBizkit
    ✭✭✭
    Stanx wrote: »
    Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' (what?)

    :D

    But are you just 1-handed? Like a 1h sword? You're probably not pulling much DPS as that's not a weapon skill line.

    Add a shield if you want to tank, another sword or a 2h if you want to DPS.

    Yeh running a 2 handed and duel wield set up. Will start leveling the bow skill line. But I can't find out where Necro would get major weapon buff from other then 2 hand or pots ?
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is your PSN Carol Baskins by any chance?
    Options
  • SoggyBizkit
    SoggyBizkit
    ✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Stanx wrote: »
    Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' (what?)

    :D

    But are you just 1-handed? Like a 1h sword? You're probably not pulling much DPS as that's not a weapon skill line.

    Add a shield if you want to tank, another sword or a 2h if you want to DPS.

    Lol no, OP means it's such an easy run they could play with one hand tied behind their back.

    I dunno about the vote kick, though. Some people are just idiots, and more of them are online with nothing to do these days. If you're not in a fake role, or rushing ahead, and don't, I dunno, have a dumb name on that character or something, I'm out of ideas.

    Seriously a name ? Soggy Bizkit I'm not role playing or being offensive. According to an old guild friend it could be the influx of wow [snip] as he calls them.

    [edited for inappropriate content/language]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on April 9, 2020 5:40PM
    Options
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe with the exp events going on you ended up in a group of 3 and one of their friends logged on and you just ended up with the short end of the stick, though this seems unlikely multiple times in a short period...
    Perhaps you were fake que and people got annoyed?
    Or perhaps you encountered some idiots?
    Or all or some...
    I mean honestly who cares?
    Just move on with your day...
    With all the stuff going on don't take a video game very seriously, just relax.
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the beauty of vote kick. You don't actually need a particular reason, just three people to agree that they would prefer their run without you in it. It's a very simple numbers game: enjoyment of three people > enjoyment of one guy.

    Don't take it personal, walk it off and queue again.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    That's the beauty of vote kick. You don't actually need a particular reason, just three people to agree that they would prefer their run without you in it. It's a very simple numbers game: enjoyment of three people > enjoyment of one guy.

    Don't take it personal, walk it off and queue again.

    Can I apply that logic to premades in BGs?
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

    Can I apply that logic to premades in BGs?

    You could try but it wouldnt work out the same way since its enjoyment of up to 4 premades in one Team vs enjoyment of the other up to 8 in the other Teams.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Stanx wrote: »
    Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' (what?)

    :D

    But are you just 1-handed? Like a 1h sword? You're probably not pulling much DPS as that's not a weapon skill line.

    Add a shield if you want to tank, another sword or a 2h if you want to DPS.

    Lol no, OP means it's such an easy run they could play with one hand tied behind their back.

    I dunno about the vote kick, though. Some people are just idiots, and more of them are online with nothing to do these days. If you're not in a fake role, or rushing ahead, and don't, I dunno, have a dumb name on that character or something, I'm out of ideas.

    Seriously a name ? Soggy Bizkit I'm not role playing or being offensive. According to an old guild friend it could be the influx of wow [snip] as he calls them.

    [edited for inappropriate content/language]

    People get kicked for a lot of dumb things. Using a bow, having a dumb name, being an argonian... it really only takes one person to wanna kick you out, and the others usually just... Agree. Even if they don't know why.

    Personally I make a point to refuse until the initiator themselves leaves, but hey, that's the group finder for you.
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on April 9, 2020 5:41PM
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
    Options
  • SoggyBizkit
    SoggyBizkit
    ✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    That's the beauty of vote kick. You don't actually need a particular reason, just three people to agree that they would prefer their run without you in it. It's a very simple numbers game: enjoyment of three people > enjoyment of one guy.

    Don't take it personal, walk it off and queue again.

    Can I apply that logic to premades in BGs?

    Don't even get me started on solo bg's. What idiot came up with that idea ?
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think you'd be kicked for racial choice. Are you accidentally queuing as a tank? Are you lagging behind the group (not that people shouldn't be patient >_>)? 3 times in a week sounds like a whole lot lol so just wondering if something's up

    It really is best to join a guild soon to have people to queue with, and start getting to know people. Generally a better experience even for easy content
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necromancer isn't a reason and while Nord isn't a great race unless you are a tank, most players will not even know your race or care for that matter. Outside of you performing really badly, which you say you don't, a lot of people have really negative attitude towards "fake" roles, so if you are playing any form of hybrid role or are actually queing for other roles, that usually is the reason.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Options
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate kicking people. I have sometimes gone along with it when someone else initiates it, but really the one case where I feel it's justified (aside from a group member being rude/offensive/harassing, which never really happens)
    a) they are under 160cp in a vet dungeon and we're struggling. They're too low, plus they can't trade any gear. No reason for them to be in vet.
    Options
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one would kick you for class or race. Necros are extremely strong they would be dumb to votekick.

    If you fake your role then don't be surprised to get kicked, because people expect you to fullfill your role, if you are queued as Tank just to get faster into instances, but play a burst Damage Dealer, then some people get really pissed especially if they waited 1 hour already, which is standard for a DD.
    The only reason to get kicked is either a fake role or you suck in what you are doing.
    A very special girl

    PC|EU
    Options
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, remember, sometimes people are actively asking for other people to join in aaall of their guilds, if you happen to pop in group just as they finally get a yes, they'll be sittingdevice enough to kick without reason too :/
    Edited by InaMoonlight on April 6, 2020 4:13PM
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
    Options
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’d only kick for not doing your role or playing music/spamming chat.
    Options
  • BRCOURTN
    BRCOURTN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't kick anyone... even in vet (well maybe I would in vet DLC). But usually even if one member is bad, the other three can easily make up for it. And if 2 or even the other 3 are bad, I'll just leave and requeue. I ran as a tank recently in SCII and the dps couldn't kill bloodspawn before the ceiling came down... just gotta leave in that situation
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you got vote kicked 3 times in one week, I'd examine the common factor there. You. Maybe you just randomly got kicked 3 times. It happens, but it seems more likely that you're doing something the group doesn't like. Take a look at that and see if you can play better with the community.
    Options
  • 5cript
    5cript
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still, you can 4 DD any normal dungeon.
    If it was vet, then I'd understand, but normal?
    Options
Sign In or Register to comment.