Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning Player, Cannot install on Windows 10

pad11
pad11
✭✭✭
Folks been searching the forums here (and steam even tho i use the client from ESO, not steam) for about two hours...cannot find a solution to get the installer to work. Running windows 10.

Any ideas? Tried installing adobe flash fresh but nothing there...

thanks,
emma!
Edited by pad11 on April 5, 2020 10:24PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what solutions have you tired. The most basic would be to re-boot your PC. In Windows 10 "restart" works differently than turn off & on, and it can potentially solve many problems. Have you tried that ?
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 5, 2020 10:15PM
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i've tried that a couple times, tried deleting the 2010 redistributables...nothing...it goes thru the initial install anywhere prep loading bar but after that...nothing....
  • Ozium
    Ozium
    ✭✭✭
    no info on what/where it's not working nor any msg if it does give one makes it hard to give any suggestions ...
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it simply "stops", without any error or bug, maybe something is blocking it ? Like Antivirus or maybe firewall is blocking the installer ? So it can not connect to server ? Just guessing here.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am assuming you are trying to install ESO and not saying you are having problems installing Windows 10 as the title indicates.

I would suggest creating a tech support ticket that you can get to the support section by clicking on SUPPORT in the upper left-hand corner of this web page. Explain what happens, especially any messages. Post the ticket # here and @ZOS_BillE might be able to help as well.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also might matter where are you trying to install. If for some reason you're installing on a protected folder the client might jam up. I would suggest running the client with admin priviledges to see if that's the issue.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i really REALLY wish i had a message...basically, i click the downloaded installer (from ZOS, not thru steam)...it goes thru the 'installanywhere' loading bar...that disappears and that's it...nothing else...i've checked my task manager and nothing ESO or ZOS related is running..i literally have nothing more i can glean from it just...stopping...
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    thanks folks very much...so i am running as admin...but it never gets to a point where i can 'choose' where to install...
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    and i use only windows defender...so no 'outside' antivirus...
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other idea is, maybe, just maybe something else is installing in the background ? Like Windows update or something ? Have you checked it ?
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    yep did check that...were some pending but not installing so i left them be...
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah so already during installing the ..installer part? Well that's strange..
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    it's very weird...i basically begin the install process, it goes thru the initial install anywhere loading screen (running as admin) and then boop...nothing.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pad11 wrote: »
    yep did check that...were some pending but not installing so i left them be...
    I would try to install any "pending" updates, to the point when Windows 10 update says it is up-to date and then see if it helps. I remember that my PC was acting strange when I had pending updates.
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    kk will try...thanks folks, if all else fails i'll start a ticket but we all know how long that takes lmao...and if anyone else thinks of anything, feel free to chime in, very much appreciated...
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found this in another thread on the same problem. Don't know if it works but it's worth a try.................

Soul Shriven
    Hi Guys!

Okay, after reading all of this, I had a hard time making the game install.

BUT I DID IT

Easy solution:
    After downloading the installer, restart your pc in Safe mode (with or without internet access, doesn't influence)
    Launch the installer
    The loader appears, ready for you to login
    Reboot to normal mode
    PLAY

I wanted to share this earlier with you, but my invitation to the forum took soo much time to come (2 months).

See you guys later!
    Tenchips
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    Ah thank you hippie in process of getting a driver update, will try safe mode if this doesn't work! much appreciated!
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    ah crud safe mode didn't work...gah...ticket time...
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There is another solution that worked for some. I can link you the thread. Page 1 is all Win 7 and 8 but page 2, if you scroll down, has the Win 8 solution modified for Win 10. Here is the link........ https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/158592/installer-not-working#latest

I really hope this works for you because, as you can see in the linked thread, ZOS hasn't been any help.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Ozium
    Ozium
    ✭✭✭
    restart your pc in Safe mode

indicative of AV or some other program interfering with it

what and how failed?

• pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

There is another solution that worked for some. I can link you the thread. Page 1 is all Win 7 and 8 but page 2, if you scroll down, has the Win 8 solution modified for Win 10. Here is the link........ https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/158592/installer-not-working#latest

I really hope this works for you because, as you can see in the linked thread, ZOS hasn't been any help.

BRUH. Someone needs to create a BeerMo...like Venmo...for beer...

This worked this time but the key was adapting it to windows 10 and not being so damned literal for the initial file folder (i.e., the one with all the numbers..) and THAT was my beer addled mistake yesterday. THANK YOU, I owe you big time, really appreciate it and everyone's help! installing...now i get to go die in cyrodiil....

emma!
    Edited by pad11 on April 6, 2020 12:52PM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @pad11

I'm glad that helped and you got it working!

giphy.gif
    PC/NA/EP ✌️