The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO on 2 PS4s in the same household

mrgrieves
mrgrieves
Soul Shriven
I'm lucky enough to have 2 PS4s so can play online games with my good lady in the same room. She plays on my primary account's ps4 logged in as herself, I play on her primary account logged in as me, so we can share content like ESO which I buy on my account specifically for us to play together, without me having to pay twice.

In the last sale, I bought the Eisweyr upgrade DLC. However, whilst I have access to this plus Morrowind and various othe things, she does not. After a bit of research it seems that this is just the way it is - a bit of a pain but I'm not here to rant about it.

I see Eisweyr is on sale again, so was considering buying it a 2nd time for her, but I'm not sure how to do it. Can I buy the ugprade on her account, or would I need to buy the full game? Would I need to reinstall from scratch or should it just pick up the changes? I obviously don't want to mess with either of our online characters.

I get the crown store stuff (which I want to steer clear of as it's incredibly expensive), but this is on PSN store only afaik.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mrgrieves

For her to gain access to Elsweyr on her account, you will need to purchase the Elsweyr DLC will under her PS4 account.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mrgrieves
    mrgrieves
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @mrgrieves

For her to gain access to Elsweyr on her account, you will need to purchase the Elsweyr DLC will under her PS4 account.

Great, thanks - can I just buy the Eisweyr CE Upgrade? I don't need to buy the full edition?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mrgrieves

You can review our FAQ here for what version of Elsweyr to purchase.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mrgrieves
    mrgrieves
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @mrgrieves

You can review our FAQ here for what version of Elsweyr to purchase.

Thanks for the link, but that's not really what I was asking. Apologies if I wasn't clear enough.

My other half has not bought the base game on her account, she is playing using the version I bought on my account which I share with her. (Like this: https://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/How_to_Game-Share_with_Family_and_Friends)

Can I buy the *upgrade* to Eisweyr on her PS4 to unlock the extra content, or do I need to buy the full version (ie the one thst includes the base game as well)?
  • mrgrieves
    mrgrieves
    Soul Shriven
    I read elsewhere that the full Eisweyr CE edition has the Morrowind and Summer Isles CE editions with it, whereas the ugprade does not. So I bought my other half the full CE edition. I didn't have to do anything on the PS4, all the stuff just appeared in the game once I bought it from the PSN web store.

I suspect you probably can just buy the upgrade to save money if it's just linking up your purchase with the account, but I don't know for sure.