Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New to Necromancer - some tips

Rhaegar75
Rhaegar75
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey all,

I think it's finally time to pause my mains (StamDK and StamPlar) and give StamCro a go.

I'm not really sure what to build to go but so far it seems that most people are following some main ideas:

1. heavy rather than medium
2. 2H and S&B rather than bow
3. lots of NMA

That's about the end of my analysis :# Can

I'm just curious about what sets you use and which abilities. I'm not really keen on super tanky cheese build. Thanks for any help
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I think it's finally time to pause my mains (StamDK and StamPlar) and give StamCro a go.

I'm not really sure what to build to go but so far it seems that most people are following some main ideas:

3. lots of NMA

I'm just curious about what sets you use and which abilities. I'm not really keen on super tanky cheese build. Thanks for any help

Necro plays exactly like every other stam class. Same sets. Same skills. Swap out sub assault for blastbones.

Main is singular.

• Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Hey all,

3. lots of NMA

Necro plays exactly like every other stam class. Same sets. Same skills. Swap out sub assault for blastbones.

Main is singular.

I'm referring to 2 'main characters' hence using the word 'mains'....apart from surly and irrelevant comments can someone offer more insight? thanks
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't really need to be in heavy on a stamcro. The mitigation you can get from that class is ridiculous, spirit mender (10% less damage), undo (8%), evasion (25% reduced aoe damage), brp dw backbar (30%). So you can have 48% pure reduction in damage plus major evasion and that's not even counting resistances. If you are a nord on top of that it's just ridiculous.

There's no reason to use heavy in this meta, people tend to believe the tank meta comes from everyone running around in heavy, that's wrong. The tank meta comes from the extremely easy access to pure damage reduction buffs.

The easiest thing to do is to just stack mitigation and weapon damage by using nma medium with fury and a monsters of your choice (thurvokun, bloodspawn and slimecraw are all good)

I run a bow/bow build with slimecraw, nma and morag tong with asylum bow on backbar. It's not optimal, but it's a fun build and it's meant to be a medium/short range build :)
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on April 5, 2020 10:42PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking from a BG perspective:

Sustain is more of an issue in NoCP. The two ways to address it are:

1. Use medium armor - fine since Necro has so much class mitigation.
    2. Don't run NMA - you can actually make NMA work, but Necro doesn't benefit from stacking Weapon Damage nearly as much as some other stam classes. I suggest Spriggans.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly play no cp but try and set your corpses up in decent spots if possible and remember mortal coil and spirit mender is your best friends do not let it drop in uptime if possible..... At start of the fight your main priority is to get a corpse to use mortal coil..... The hot from it is amazing and it helps a little with stamina sustain.... Honestly I play in medium and mortal coil and spirit mender alone can keep me alive in most situations so as mentioned heavy is not needed
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't really need to be in heavy on a stamcro. The mitigation you can get from that class is ridiculous, spirit mender (10% less damage), undo (8%), evasion (25% reduced aoe damage), brp dw backbar (30%). So you can have 48% pure reduction in damage plus major evasion and that's not even counting resistances. If you are a nord on top of that it's just ridiculous.

There's no reason to use heavy in this meta, people tend to believe the tank meta comes from everyone running around in heavy, that's wrong. The tank meta comes from the extremely easy access to pure damage reduction buffs.

The easiest thing to do is to just stack mitigation and weapon damage by using nma medium with fury and a monsters of your choice (thurvokun, bloodspawn and slimecraw are all good)

I run a bow/bow build with slimecraw, nma and morag tong with asylum bow on backbar. It's not optimal, but it's a fun build and it's meant to be a medium/short range build :)

What he said!

Yeah, don't stack resistances. Choose Orc instead of Nord, unless you want Nord for the ulti gain. You don't need any resistances as a Necro. In addition to what Freakin Hytte said, Necro also was damage reduction against DoTs, 3% damage reduction from that one skill and another source of Major Protection from Deaden Pain. Also a whole skill line full of different healings.

Also, Necro has many FREE skills. And their primary stamina skill (Blastbones) is dirt cheap. So you won't even need to stack stamina recovery.

You probably don't need Blood Spawn either, unless you want that ulti gain again. You can literally go all 3 pieces full damage.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2. Don't run NMA - you can actually make NMA work, but Necro doesn't benefit from stacking Weapon Damage nearly as much as some other stam classes. I suggest Spriggans.

I'm curious why Necro doesn't benefit from stacking weapon damage. How is this so?

It sure seems to work well for me.

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You highest single-target burst will come by combining Onslaught with Blastbones. And when you do that Spriggan becomes useless for the duration of Onslaught buff. And of course StamCro benefits as much from stacking Wpn Dmg, all your main heals and damage abilities scale with it.

If you don't like NMA for the cost, front-barring Truth is a very good alternative. And Hundings ain't bad either, it's actually underrated.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm curious why Necro doesn't benefit from stacking weapon damage. How is this so?

You don't need to wonder, It simply isn't so.

EU | PC | AD
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro doesn't benefit from stacking Weapon Damage nearly as much as some other stam classes.

Several other stam classes have additional sources of +% weapon damage (Temp, Sorc, DK, Warden). Hence, these classes get a higher comparative benefit from stacking weapon damage. Additionally, since Necro has such strong inherent mitigation, you don't need to be as concerned about stacking weapon damage to bolster your heals as much as other classes.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on April 6, 2020 11:06PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

You highest single-target burst will come by combining Onslaught with Blastbones. And when you do that Spriggan becomes useless for the duration of Onslaught buff. And of course StamCro benefits as much from stacking Wpn Dmg, all your main heals and damage abilities scale with it.

If you don't like NMA for the cost, front-barring Truth is a very good alternative. And Hundings ain't bad either, it's actually underrated.

Undoubtedly, if you are running onslaught, don't run Spriggans.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what do you think about NMA and Bone Pirate - 5 medium? I'm just wondering whether I will need the extra resources from BP.