Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Which class do you think is best 1v1? Sorc vs Nightblade

NightAngel690
NightAngel690
✭✭✭
Assuming each player is equally skilled. You can either explain your reasoning or not.

I say magblade

Part one.
Edited by NightAngel690 on April 5, 2020 10:19PM

Which class do you think is best 1v1? Sorc vs Nightblade 58 votes

Stamblade
6% 4 votes
Magblade
17% 10 votes
Stamsorc
10% 6 votes
Magsorc
65% 38 votes
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO THE PEOPLE THAT TOOK AWAY THE ONLY UTILITY IN THE SKILL OF THE NIGHTBLADE.
    I AM SAYING TYVM BECAUSE I GOT A WARNING FOR CURSING AT THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THE NIGHTBLADE WHAT IT IS TODAY.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These kind of threads are pointless. No class is better than the other. The loser between equally skilled players would be whoever makes the first mistake, or if they are running an incredibly non-efficient build.
  • Danklord
    Danklord
    ✭✭
    Nightblade is just purely awful. Every night blade is see is a poison injection spammer....
    I cringe everytime i get one in my team because i know 99.9999% sure he will suck. And i srsly 2 shot every nightblade and they do garbanzo damage. Either rework this joke of a class or just delete it, honestly. You just here "pffsshh" 10 times from a distance, u chase after them and they stealth and run away. Luckily you can counter them it haunting guise or meteor so they die 2secs later. They're just annoying, but atleast they increase my score.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current NB in nutshell, is basically having 70% of your tool kit being total joke-of-an-ability and the rest, maybe like 4 skills being decent, but you can slot a better version of that skill from weapon / guild / world skill lines....
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danklord wrote: »
    Nightblade is just purely awful. Every night blade is see is a poison injection spammer....
    I cringe everytime i get one in my team because i know 99.9999% sure he will suck. And i srsly 2 shot every nightblade and they do garbanzo damage. Either rework this joke of a class or just delete it, honestly. You just here "pffsshh" 10 times from a distance, u chase after them and they stealth and run away. Luckily you can counter them it haunting guise or meteor so they die 2secs later. They're just annoying, but atleast they increase my score.

Totally my stamblade. Just use poison. 2 to 3 hits later I am dead. Its like this,
    Templar-pol, jab jab jab.
    Diks-petrify, whipwhipwhip or swingswingswing.
    Sorcs-curse, furyfuryfury.
    Wards-jellyfish, bugbugbug.
    Nercs-wraiths, bonesbonesbones.
    Nb-stealth, taptaptap (hope you die in poison, then runs and hide.)
  • Danklord
    Danklord
    ✭✭

Totally my stamblade. Just use poison. 2 to 3 hits later I am dead. Its like this,

Think NB would perform better if ppl stopped going down the bow route and went other builds. Pretty sure that poison spamm is just a death trap for you.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Think NB would perform better if ppl stopped going down the bow route and went other builds. Pretty sure that poison spamm is just a death trap for you.

The problem is their toolkit is pretty lackluster for anything but stealth gameplay and even then it sucks anymore. I mean why would you even try to lets say make a brawler out of them when literally every other class will outperform them in doing so. I love my nightblade and still can have some success but it usually involves lots of headaches for those small moments of joy. ZOS just nerfed the crap out of it and stripped it of all identity and then just left it, a weak and broken shell of its former self. Of all classes right now it's the one most in need of a rework.
    Edited by x48rph on April 10, 2020 12:57AM
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where did I say in there that I was using a bow.

I go stealth, surprise attack 3x, they get stunned and poisoned, if I were to stay and fight I would def die.

• Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think magsorc. They are good at 1vX but this dont make them good duelers. There maybe other better dual classes. Rest in agony nightblade class, no one miss you other than your fans
    Edited by Luckylancer on April 20, 2020 10:19AM
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    No matter how I love magblade and this is my main character, but magsorc is absolute winner.

I was in duels against magsorcs and was fine only against not experienced players. Streak breaks the cloak, stuns and has large AOE, fragments are dealing insane damage and getting closer with cloak also is impossible because of boundless storm, which removes cloak because of AOE. Shield spam also is a huge issue.

No matter how much tricks I was trying, I got only 3 wins from 10 in dueling against experienced sorc.

Sad story.
    GM of small social/casual guild Bar Indoril Nalivayka
    PC - EU. @NickBalza
    Nick Balza - Magicka Nightblade
    John Skellan - Stamina Nightblade (Vampire/Crafter/Bowtard)
    Roland Maybelline - Stamina Templar
    Willow The Firestarter - Magicka DK
    Alexander Veidt - Stamina Necromancer
    Chris Maxwell - Magicka Necromancer (Healer)
    Genevieve Diedonne - Stamina Sorc
    The Beckett - Stamina DK/Werewolf
    Mira Giovanni - Magicka Nightblade (Healer\Tank)

• Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade > Magsorc
    Magblade > Stamsorc
    Stamblade > Stamsorc
    Stamblade < Magsorc

Nightblade is strong, but due to kit nerfs we have to work harder.
    so basically yeah, nightblade can win more often in a 1v1 situation, but we work harder while the sorc is a lot more relaxed lol.
    Even in 1v1 open world the sorc can dip and run away better which most do if they cant win a 1v1 ;)

Sorc kit is better
    Nightblade has just enough pressure and damage to kill the sorc if they are willing to battle you.

Sorc going full defense is a lot stronger compared to nightblade full defense.

Sorc holds the ball the entire time, while they got it we can kill them but they can choose to drop it at any moment and not die
    What kills most sorcs is cockiness which they getting from sniffing them overload fumes.

Edited by Araxleon on April 27, 2020 4:16PM
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    Araxleon wrote: »
    Magblade > Magsorc
    Magblade > Stamsorc
    Stamblade > Stamsorc
    Stamblade < Magsorc

so basically yeah, nightblade can win more often in a 1v1 situation, but we work harder while the sorc is a lot more relaxed lol.
    Even in 1v1 open world the sorc can dip and run away better which most do if they cant win a 1v1 ;)

Sorc kit is better
    Nightblade has just enough pressure and damage to kill the sorc if they are willing to battle you.

Sorc holds the ball the entire time, while they got it we can kill them but they can choose to drop it at any moment and not die
    What kills most sorcs is cockiness which they getting from sniffing them overload fumes.

Yeah, but he said equal skill and you said that magblades have to work harder. A petsorc honestly would just destroy a lot of magblades by a magblade dumping their whole burst into a pet. A good sorc should be able time a burst while having infinite sustain and not being forced to run a resto on the backbar. A really good magblade can beat sorcs but will run into a wall hoping that a really good sorc makes a mistake.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade > Magsorc
    Magblade > Stamsorc
    Stamblade > Stamsorc
    Stamblade < Magsorc

Sorc kit is better

Yeah, but he said equal skill and you said that magblades have to work harder. A petsorc honestly would just destroy a lot of magblades by a magblade dumping their whole burst into a pet. A good sorc should be able time a burst while having infinite sustain and not being forced to run a resto on the backbar. A really good magblade can beat sorcs but will run into a wall hoping that a really good sorc makes a mistake.

You aren't wrong at all
    but you are reinforcing what I said though, people can be equal skill but one person has to work a lot harder to secure the kill. A good example would be like old school halo or even BRs where one person has x weapon and the other person has x weapon and both have pros and cons and you wanna create the best situation for you to win, which could be easier or harder for you depending on your weapon, in this case it would be your class kit.
    I actually have a perfect example of what I'm talking about vs a pet sorc.
    (excuse background noise, this is a unedited clip lol lots of clicking)
    (we had 2 duels, totaling an hour lol this was just the ending)
    https://youtu.be/0TxG_eOG160
    Edited by Araxleon on April 29, 2020 3:39PM
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    Magblade > Magsorc
    Magblade > Stamsorc
    Stamblade > Stamsorc
    Stamblade < Magsorc

Sorc kit is better

You aren't wrong at all
    but you are reinforcing what I said though, people can be equal skill but one person has to work a lot harder to secure the kill. A good example would be like old school halo or even BRs where one person has x weapon and the other person has x weapon and both have pros and cons and you wanna create the best situation for you to win, which could be easier or harder for you depending on your weapon, in this case it would be your class kit.
    I actually have a perfect example of what I'm talking about vs a pet sorc.
    (excuse background noise, this is a unedited clip lol lots of clicking)
    (we had 2 duels, totaling an hour lol this was just the ending)
    https://youtu.be/0TxG_eOG160

My argument though is that you guys are not the same skill and in fact you are better. The man is running as much cheese as you can on a pet sorc and he still lost to you. If he was on a magblade just like you then you probably would have slaughtered him. To use your own analogy it would be if some one was using the noob combo on halo 2 to kill people while you were using dual smgs. Of course a good player can use that noob combo and gain kills to the point he should have more kills than you in the end. That combo is better than dual smgs or even 1 smg like the class sorc and magblade. You can be equal skill but it will be harder to get the kill using an smg like with a magblade.

The equal skill guy will run up the board on skills with the noob combo while you struggle to keep up. With the noob combo he will be able to kill you more easily than you could kill him assuming same skill levels. Now if you kill him while using an smg multiple times in a straight up duel against straight cheese then you are the better player with a higher skill level like with the sorc. Now imagine if you are able to use that noob combo and he would only have an smg? You would slaughter him. My argument is that the kit of what that sorc is using is essentially the noob combo with the plasma and br. I didn't see an equal fight there I saw a sorc playing defensively while using all the essential cheese in game on his class.

I think Magblades for sure can do better and even beat some classes more easily such as magplar back in the day, but from what i've seen the pet sorc build the guy used is a pretty straight up counter to magblade with pets, sword and board, hardened, engine guardian to just stack damage, and dark dealing out of everything mitigating most of the damage.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons