The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Updated High Elf Motif?

• Razorback174
    Razorback174
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I just wonder what they are going to do to Orc and Redguard, because those had that treatment already done years ago.
    They might add the pre-change Orc and Redguard versions? :D Like an 'Ancestral' throwback to a once-used but since then replaced impractical earlier style. I wouldn't mind that since the old models were fine objectively speaking, just not for what they were - armor for 2 of the most militaristic martial cultures - so if the style makes an appearance in some other context, I'd be fine with seeing those armours again!

I'd love to see an updated version of the Light redguard. It looked great on males and females.

One can only hope. I miss the old redguard style dearly...

hh7TJAQ.png
    JN8Gz8Y.jpg
    Options
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think all it is is the 4th tier of all the original motifs. It’s been missing. Master lighting looks exactly the same as that altmer staff.

Edited by Icy_Waffles on April 5, 2020 2:09AM
    Options
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anumaril wrote: »
    I saw some people were having trouble seeing the image, so I've got a new image type here. Hopefully this one will be visible for those people:
    OmXqnd3.jpg

parts of this look really nice.

I wonder if the cartoony kind of impression is a result of bad lighting or shaders it does kinda give a more cartoonish vibe but the original wasn't winning any praise from me at least you'd think the high elves would be more stylized than the original look.

What really needs an over haul queen Ayrenns armor she needs something more regal and less like a 5 year old high on sour patch kids colored it.
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I just wonder what they are going to do to Orc and Redguard, because those had that treatment already done years ago.
    They might add the pre-change Orc and Redguard versions? :D Like an 'Ancestral' throwback to a once-used but since then replaced impractical earlier style. I wouldn't mind that since the old models were fine objectively speaking, just not for what they were - armor for 2 of the most militaristic martial cultures - so if the style makes an appearance in some other context, I'd be fine with seeing those armours again!

I'd love to see an updated version of the Light redguard. It looked great on males and females.

One can only hope. I miss the old redguard style dearly...
    hh7TJAQ.png
    JN8Gz8Y.jpg

*Sad sigh* Just look at them. Oh how I miss you lovelies.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think all it is is the 4th tier of all the original motifs. It’s been missing. Master lighting looks exactly the same as that altmer staff.

5th tier you mean. There's already 4 tiers of each base motif.

I'm personally excited to see all of the weapons of each motif more so than the armor. Can't wait to use some of them.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Salix_alba wrote: »
    Anumaril wrote: »
    I saw some people were having trouble seeing the image, so I've got a new image type here. Hopefully this one will be visible for those people:
    OmXqnd3.jpg

parts of this look really nice.

I wonder if the cartoony kind of impression is a result of bad lighting or shaders it does kinda give a more cartoonish vibe but the original wasn't winning any praise from me at least you'd think the high elves would be more stylized than the original look.

What really needs an over haul queen Ayrenns armor she needs something more regal and less like a 5 year old high on sour patch kids colored it.

Given the slightly grainy, blurred quality of that screenshot, I think you're right. It looks like an issue with lighting and shaders, or someones computer not rendering them properly, vs actual cartoonishness.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options