Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

How to abandon the Main Quest in 2020

snoozy
snoozy
✭✭✭✭✭
how can i abandon the main quest?

i've done it on 2 toons and have no intention whatsoever to ever do it again. i can get my xp and skillpoints elsewhere and it unnecessarily clogs up the quest log on my other 7 toons. :neutral:
since a recent necro got locked:
We've closed this thread given its age and that some information within it may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please created a new thread.
i read this as 'there is information that is more up to date', i.e. there is a different way now.

is there any way to abandon it without doing it, or at least without going all the way to "the weight of three crowns" ?

any help is greatly appreciated :)
PC EU
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just staying away from the "hooded figure"?
    Options
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Just staying away from the "hooded figure"?

too late. also if you don't talk to her you still automatically get the quest. :unamused:

some of my toons have completed parts of the main quest and i still want to abandon it. so that's not a fix :(
    PC EU
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your only option is to just ignore the main quest, the same way all of us have been ignoring Caldwell's quest since Tamrial One dropped.

Although Soul skill line you get from doing the main quest is really useful. Two of the passives are great. The one that refills an empty soul gem %10 of the time when you kill something is worth the skill line alone. The other passive lets you to self res in place without using a soul gem twice per hour.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on April 3, 2020 2:13PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The main quest cannot be abandoned. Stages of it can be abandoned. But you will always have an entry for the main quest. If you truly do not want an entry on future characters, never take them to base game zones ever. You can play around in DLC / Chapter zones all you want but avoid the base game zones.

Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood might be out of the question as well since they integrate some quests with base game zones.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
    Options
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your only option is to just ignore the main quest, the same way all of us have been ignoring Caldwell's quest since Tamrial One dropped.

Although Soul skill line you get from doing the main quest is really useful. Two of the passives are great. The one that refills an empty soul gem %10 of the time when you kill something is worth the skill line alone. The other passive lets you to self res in place without using a soul gem twice per hour.

soul magic is nice but i don't need the passives. when i want to fill soul gems i just use soul splitting trap, which is a nice aoe dot anyway... i have several full stacks of filled soul gems in my bank.

i really think there should be an option besides ignoring it. :(
    PC EU
    Options
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main quest cannot be abandoned. Stages of it can be abandoned. But you will always have an entry for the main quest. If you truly do not want an entry on future characters, never take them to base game zones ever. You can play around in DLC / Chapter zones all you want but avoid the base game zones.

Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood might be out of the question as well since they integrate some quests with base game zones.

just permanently avoiding everything besides dlc zones is not a solution for me. :neutral: but i appreciate the info, maybe it'll help some folks out.

but what about non-subscribers who are stuck in basegame zones? :sweat_smile:
    PC EU
    Options