Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

New character start intro/cinematic for Morrowind.

Altaren
Altaren
So i have all the expansions chapters, but i want to start a new character by playing the Morrowind intro (the one on the slave ship, i think). Is there a way to trigger that one, instead of the Elsweyr one?
Note i'm not asking how to start the Morrowind questline on an existing character, i know how to do that.
Thank you
Edited by Altaren on April 3, 2020 8:18AM
I've got this horrible feeling that if there is such a thing as reincarnation, knowing my luck I'll come back as me!
  • Toanis
    Toanis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no way to chose where you start, and it gets weirder and weirder with vanilla NPCs showing up in the expansions.

If you just want to play the Morrowind intro again, right now you can create a free account: play the intro, then make that character's twin on your main account, skip the Elsweyr intro and go straight to Seyda Neen.
    Options
  • Altaren
    Altaren
    Toanis wrote: »
    There's no way to chose where you start, and it gets weirder and weirder with vanilla NPCs showing up in the expansions.

If you just want to play the Morrowind intro again, right now you can create a free account: play the intro, then make that character's twin on your main account, skip the Elsweyr intro and go straight to Seyda Neen.

So later on when i'm going to want to do Elsweyr i won't be able to play the intro because Greymoor will be out by then? Then to not miss out on content i have to go thru the intro now even tho i imagine it won't make sense story-wise ...
    I've got this horrible feeling that if there is such a thing as reincarnation, knowing my luck I'll come back as me!
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, none of the tutorials amount to much. They are designed to be quick, very basic introductions to the game’s primary mechanics -how to move, pick up stuff, use it, hit something, and you’re away. They have minimal plot and less explanation. They don’t really work as tutorials on anything except the most simplistic level and they don’t work as plot either.

Unless you are super keen to do the Morrowind tutorial, you could simply create your character, skip the tutorial and stick them on the ship at Seyda Neen... that should get you all the meaningful dialogue and activities, aside from the initial “aah you’re awake”.

Good luck and have fun
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Additionally, if you want to see the Morrowind cinematic it might be in the game files or, failing that, it should be available somewhere on YouTube...

If it’s not I’m sure someone at ZOS could give you a link to it... it must be out there somewhere.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    To be honest, none of the tutorials amount to much. They are designed to be quick, very basic introductions to the game’s primary mechanics -how to move, pick up stuff, use it, hit something, and you’re away. They have minimal plot and less explanation. They don’t really work as tutorials on anything except the most simplistic level and they don’t work as plot either.

Unless you are super keen to do the Morrowind tutorial, you could simply create your character, skip the tutorial and stick them on the ship at Seyda Neen... that should get you all the meaningful dialogue and activities, aside from the initial “aah you’re awake”.

Good luck and have fun

I know none of the tutorials amount to much, but it sure would be nice to start a new character with the tutorial of your choosing, such as a prompt that comes up after creating a character:

Start game in
    ( ) Alliance zone
    ( ) Morrowind
    ( ) Summerset
    ( ) Elsweyr
    ( ) Skyrim

Any choices which aren't available because you don't own those chapters could be grayed out, and the newest tutorial of those which are available could be selected by default, but you could still pick a different available one, then click "OK."

It will probably never happen, but it would definitely be awesome if it did. :)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Altaren
    Altaren
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Good luck and have fun

I know none of the tutorials amount to much, but it sure would be nice to start a new character with the tutorial of your choosing, such as a prompt that comes up after creating a character:

Start game in
    ( ) Alliance zone
    ( ) Morrowind
    ( ) Summerset
    ( ) Elsweyr
    ( ) Skyrim

Any choices which aren't available because you don't own those chapters could be grayed out, and the newest tutorial of those which are available could be selected by default, but you could still pick a different available one, then click "OK."

Why do you think it would never happen? It seems like a relatively easy feature to implement, i mean the tutorials are already made...
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because people have been asking for the ability to choose your tutorial for as long as I've been playing, which will be 4 years now this coming August, but it hasn't happened yet. One would think that if it were going to happen, it probably would have happened by now, so every additional year that goes by without it happening adds more credence to the assumption that it will never happen.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altaren wrote: »

Good luck and have fun

Start game in
    ( ) Alliance zone
    ( ) Morrowind
    ( ) Summerset
    ( ) Elsweyr
    ( ) Skyrim

Why do you think it would never happen? It seems like a relatively easy feature to implement, i mean the tutorials are already made...

Players have been asking for this option since Morrowind was on the PTS and there has been absolutely no response from ZOS except to continue the trend of the newest tutorial overwriting the existing ones and forcing everyone to start in the same place. I find it very hard to believe they've never seen any of the numerous topics about it on the forum, so if it's easy to implement the most likely explanation is they don't want to do it, which means it's unlikely to ever happen.

If they did it would be a very popular change. I hated that I had to start my warden in Morrowind because it made absolutely no sense for her to be there, or for her to go right back to Daggerfall as soon as she arrived, but that was the only option I had. (And even if I'd waited years to make the character Summerset or Elseweyr wouldn't be any better, Skyrim maybe, but even that's pushing it.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭

Start game in
    ( ) Alliance zone
    ( ) Morrowind
    ( ) Summerset
    ( ) Elsweyr
    ( ) Skyrim

I completely agree with this list, even to be able to play the old Coldharbour tutorial again and then go to your chosen alliance's starting island or city. It's not about the tutorial itself ncessarily, but about where your character begins, a sort of background story. And sure you can teleport to starting locations, but that's not the same, and many new people don't even know about that option. Even though every former starting location is just as valuable and a waste of missing content.

I would also like to be able to (re)watch the different intro cinematics that each game and chapter had. It's a shame that they're not available from the main menu. WoW didn't have it the first few years either, but then they added it and I often went back to look at them or show them to friends as an introduction to the game.

We should definitely poll/petition this.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
    Options