The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zerg or Zerglings

Odie71
Odie71
Soul Shriven
Now before i go to far please find here the definition of a Zerg

What does Zerg mean?
Zerg is a slang term for a group of low-level gamers who depend on overwhelming numbers to achieve victory, rather than relying on technique or strategy. The term is most often used in the context of online role-playing and strategy games, but it also applies to multiplayer first-person shooters.

Now i run in Cyrodiil and yes i am in the Ebonheart Faction, a red, or to some a dirty zergling.

What i dot get is how come in a game such as this where you are supposed to run in Teams or Groups that whenever a red Group attacks a keep or a Scroll or an outpost as the game was designed for we are called Dirty zerglings by everyone when all we are doing is paying the game how it is supposed to be played.

Yet when the Ad or the DC group up either together to run as Team green or even have two groups of about 50 players attack a keep, scroll or outpost (whihci i have personally seen both AD and DC do many a time) then they are just great individual players and NEVER zergs as apparently zergs are only made up of Ebomheart pact players no-one else. (seems to missing of that definition above). I can only assume that as a bad workman you are blaming your tools and not yourselves, Blaming us running in Groups.

Now i am not bitter but i am getting rather saddened at all the salty messages that keep getting posted regarding us as being zerglings or only running in zergs no we run in groups because we have players who are willing to play as red (FTP) it is not our fault that your promising guild leaders either cannot get organised or cannot look after the players that they have and run as effective groups.

We have successful guilds led by strong people that work together that is why we are strong.

so what i suggest is that both AD and DC players take a look at yourselves take a look at your guilds sort that out first then maybe we can be on a level playing field and people may want to join you as AD or DC players. Maybe then you will be able to recruit, maybe then you can run zergs without being ashamed
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. if you try to shame pvp players of other alliances, you should say on which campain/server you are playing.
    2. atleast on nocp pc eu i have the feeling that there is always one zerg faction since the campain lock is gone, lots of player just log on the winning faction.
    3. ofcourse every faction is zerging to an extend and shaming someone because of it, is never a good thing but didnt you do the same thing when you talked about the green alliance? sometimes this game gives alliances a reason to work together: So before you call them out for teaming you should maybe check the scrolls /population and if you faction has an emp. Sometimes its just a guildgroup who wants to farm players from the other two factions.
    4. i guess you are a developer ? or how do you know, how the game is supposed to be played :D
    5. Over the years some players, guilds/groups and leaders earned themself a bad name, because you will never find them outside a big group/zerg or even tbaging another player after xv1 ing him. If you run with those individuals you will most likely be flamed and shamed, not because you are a bad player or zerging, just because you teamed up with them.
    Edited by StShoot on April 2, 2020 8:04PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a bunch of players on my faction show up to fight at the same objective, we're just playing smart, reading the map, and focusing on important objectives.

When the other team does it, they're dirty zerglings.

:lol:
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a bunch of players on my faction show up to fight at the same objective, we're just playing smart, reading the map, and focusing on important objectives.

When the other team does it, they're dirty zerglings.

:lol:

Me and the other 40 dudes are just 1vX'ng
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not zergling, its just so happened 50 other player are having the same objective :D
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to be able to use my abilities so when a zerg is nearby I will leave.
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You're not zerging if you run infront of the zerg o:)
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get into the AD DC or EP this or that, since they all zerg. It's pretty even, just no one admits it.

You're right, that is the game mode. People don't like to get killed so they blame what they can, what they perceive as skill-less game play.

Solo players tend to get that this will happen and don't get too angry about it.

It's the ball groups, who like to think they are elite, even though it's just a game of follow the leader and press your assigned button when told to. It gives the impression of skill because of the coordination zergs lack sometimes, but it's not. They tend to get most upset. It's apparent in their streams.

Plus the old crying about the other factions is just a fact of life. All factions are made of a random variety of people with varying play styles, None are exempt.

It's all silliness OP, just ignore it.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They can only complain about being zerged if they are attacked by a massive storm of players because of a streamer, and solo defending keep. Even then, they would be right to say "it's not technically zerging..."

That technicality overrules any other argument.