Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Anniversay loot boxes[2020] issues & possible workaround to get boxes to drop

Bucky Balls
Bucky Balls
✭✭✭
pc eu/na

Issue: anniversary boxes drop with some charcters but not others; cake does not give xp boost.

workaround: try cake, if no xp boost then redo event quest on that character then retry cake, if xp boost then works anniversary boxes should drop thereafter for that character.

possible reasons: only happens with charcters who have not done any anniversary event before?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

edited title to reflect this workaround not working for all.
Edited by Bucky Balls on April 2, 2020 4:26PM
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    I think that is what is going on. But I have not done the event on any of my Necromancers. But 1 of 2 necros could receive the rewards without the boon or mission being completed. So.... its still strange and picking toons at random>!?
    Options
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pc eu/na

Issue: anniversary boxes drop with some charcters but not others; cake does not give xp boost.

workaround: try cake, if no xp boost then redo event quest on that character then retry cake, if xp boost then works anniversary boxes should drop thereafter for that character.

possible reasons: only happens with charcters who have not done any anniversary event before?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This does not work - still no boxes
    Options
  • Mcboland
    Mcboland
    ✭✭✭
    pc eu/na

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This did not work on second char.
    Options
  • Hemaka
    Hemaka
    ✭✭
    pc eu/na

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Not true. My main did 4 anniversary quests and didn't get a box from crafting writs today.
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pc eu/na

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Absolutely not true. No cake (still had pie) no quest (toon is 5 days old), did elsweyr dailies, got boxes, did summerset dailies and got nothing . Totally arbitrary, it seems.
    Options
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »

This does not work - still no boxes

Can you confirm you picked up the event from the crown store on the character in question, ran through the complete event quest on that character to get a cake, ate the cake with that character and turned in a daily quest with no loot box returned?

I ask because this is working for me & others as described.
    Options
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    Hemaka wrote: »

Not true. My main did 4 anniversary quests and didn't get a box from crafting writs today.

Thanks - it was only a suggested reason/possibility as I and others I have spoken with in game seemed to have it occur with newer characters.

Thanks again.
    Edited by Bucky Balls on April 2, 2020 3:49PM
    Options
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made an experiment. I had my dailies ready to give.
    When I give my writs in Vvardenfell I did not get boxes, but when I give them in Deshaan or Shadowfen I got the boxes. Same character. Only difference was the territory.
    Options
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh...ok, so it does seem to be a more complex issue. :(

Good that you found a workaround, though = thanks for sharing @ankeor.
    Options
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pc eu/na

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Nope, did this no boxes
    Options
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    Inaya wrote: »
    Nope, did this no boxes

Thanks - I have updated title to reflect the suggested workaround is not effective in all cases.

edit:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/519389/anniversary-gift-boxes-not-being-received-after-3pm-bst-today#latest

fix reported by gina in above thread.
    Edited by Bucky Balls on April 2, 2020 5:09PM
    Options
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you get no xp boost from the cake, don't hand in writs. Relog and try again.
    Options