The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vbrp mechanics help

byrdmanwes
byrdmanwes
✭✭
So an attempt to do blackrose and ran into an issues with the final boss and the ghost mechanic. As a tank there is only so much I could do to help, but a greater understanding of why might help.

I understand the room get split into 3 parts and each dps/healer is responsible for getting 2-3 of the correct ghosts and then cleansing.

What we kept running into is during the "blast" damage portion only 1 or 2 of the dps/heals would survive while the surviving players took next to no damage.

When this would happen obviously it puts you behind on totems and very difficult to catch up and usually leading to a wipe.

Any info I might share with my team?
Breton Templar Healer-AD
Redgaurd Stamina Sorcerer Tank-AD
Dark elf Magic Dragonknight DPS-AD
Imperial Dragon knight Tank-EP
Nord Blazing Shield Templar-DC
GT: Mr Byrdman86
CP: 600
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Assuming: Some ghosts got away -> X player was already injured somewhat -> Blast killed remaining HP. Something of the sort.
  • byrdmanwes
    byrdmanwes
    ✭✭
    If a ghost got away we would all get hit, and we're not.
    I've seen them go from full to nothing when only incoming damage is the blast and itll one shot 1 person and not touch others barely. And that's per death recap.
    Breton Templar Healer-AD
  • Dubsky
    Dubsky
    Soul Shriven
    When you've collected all the ghosts, the explosion won't even drop you below 90% if you're Full HP. You should survive even the explosion with 1-2 uncaptured ghosts when you block and buff up.

Buffs missing? CPs?
    PC/EU Healer Main

Characters
    [Healer] Breton Templar [2x Godslayer, 4x Tick-Tock, 2x Unchained, 1x Immortal Redeemer]
    [Healer] Altmer Templar
    [Healer] Breton Warden [1x Godslayer, 4x Gryphon Heart, 3x Tick-Tock, 1x Unchained]
    [Healer] Breton Sorcerer [1x Godslayer, 1x Unchained]
    [Healer] Altmer Sorcerer
    [Healer] Altmer Nightblade [1x Unchained]
    [Healer] Breton Dragonknight [1x Unchained]
    [Healer] Breton Necromancer [1x Godslayer, 1x Tick-Tock]
    [Tank] Nord Dragonknight
    [DD] Stamina Warden
    [DD] Stamina Sorcerer
    [DD] Stamina Nightblade
    [DD] Stamina Necromancer

5x Godslayer | 4x Gryphon Heart | 8x Tick-Tock-Tormentor | 6x Unchained | 1x Immortal (116,6k)
  • byrdmanwes
    byrdmanwes
    ✭✭
    CP I'm sure is right.
    As far as buffs go I've seen different peeps get popped while there was a Warden buff and barrier on them and all but like 1 ghost captured.
    I've definitely completed it before with others and had no issues.
    I just dont get it. Maybe a bug? I dunno.
    Breton Templar Healer-AD
  • Teuton67
    Teuton67
    ✭✭✭
    With the description you gave of the problem, I would first make sure that those who are dying are cleansing themselves on the pads in time. They may be dying from not cleansing if the others are receiving little damage.