The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

I know im beating a dead horse but......i want to discuss the furniture limit problem

Dragonslayerdovakiin
and yes, I know, there is an endless amount of similar threads (some even by me maybe?) discussing this and by creating another im just further adding to the pile, but anyway....

so we all (the people who enjoy housing in eso) know this is an issue, I would be fine with zos not "increasing the limit" if there is indeed a technical reason. but there are other solutions, and a great example is what prompted this discussion the thieves oasis house.....this house epitimises what is wrong with housing, and how easily the biggest issue (furniture limits) could be fixed, now I know some may disagree, but realistically, I think at least 1800 traditional furnishing limit would be required to "realistically" decorate all of this "home" so that is 2 large buildings, the outside area, and the ruins, now I know there are technical reasons for this limit, now we can discuss the solution, one that has been suggested before: loading screens, yes this house shows this perfectly, what is there? 2 detached buildings and 1 outside space, sooo shall we say 700 item limit for...each, and then a short (or long) loading screen for transitioning between them, this would fix the problem, and would easily be implemented, as best of all (atleast in ZOS case) you can keep selling these oversized far too big houses, and we (the housing people) can finally stop talking about this issue

and also if you really want to keep customers AND not do anything about furniture limits, please release more houses which have 700 limit but are not massive castles/underground locations/ships as this just makes you look like you 1:dont care or 2: are just ignorant of the obvious problem neither of which im sure you want
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issue with loading screens is if each house is a separate instance then so to are the chats; it doesn't solve the RP player issue it just solves a furniture cap issue; so now one side of the community that utilizes houses (the decorators) feels more catered to than the other major side that uses houses (the role-players). You can execute this but then you will have people screaming about wanting cross-connected housing that displays all zone chats in all those player homes to the connected homes/buildings that are instanced and it just... will not end any better for ZOS. They do have to design for their benefit as well as player benefit.

The other option that you aren't discussing that they seem to be following through on is just larger furnishings to block off more areas or to make an area feel more full. You can slap one Moongate into most large homes and that room immediately feels smaller that it ever did before; same with the new tent, greenhouse, windmill, etc. If they keep adding large massive furnishings then we won't have the issue of using 53 small/medium items to equivalate 1 very large item in look.

I don't buy the 700 slot houses for the exact reasons you posted above; hopefully you don't either. They continue making these too-big houses because they keep selling and they won't stop until it no longer meets their bottom lines. Thieves Oasis doesn't epitomize the issue anymore than Psijic Villa or Wraithhome did; they are all the same massive glaring issues. Far too big to decorate the entire home and they require difficult cutoffs that aren't any fun to deal with. I already know someone who cutoff all but the very beginning of Thieves Oasis with the massive Elsweyr Platform, Ancient Rectangular so that they only have to utilize the buildings area. It's not the greatest solution but it is one; the other won't arrive until they stop making their projected sales of the assets.
    Edited by Kittytravel on April 1, 2020 10:34PM
    Options
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and yes, I know, there is an endless amount of similar threads (some even by me maybe?) discussing this and by creating another im just further adding to the pile, but anyway....

Please leave your feedback also here on this topic - it's where we were asked to do so by the dev, anyway. Maybe if there's enough feedback, we will get a *real* answer, and not the same-old, same-old that we've been getting for years...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/512076/february-2020-furnishing-limit-status-update/p1
    Options
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me it's the reason i stopped housing. i mean the 700 slots... i already get interrupted in building when its not even half finished by this limit. thats made me so sad/annoyed that it happened a couple times now, that i had to shut down the game and made some youtube sessions. recently i started another try by moving my main house to the grotto, but again the same... reached the 700 limit at day 3, not even half finished, and started again to remove items to get some slots, but when u r at this point you just destroy it. the new idea wont be finished, and the old thing where you removing deco get worse every item you take away.

so in my eyes, it must be raised by a huge amount, even double it to 1400 items at this time would just be a starter for me.
    i'm aware this will not happen, so this is the only option for housing for me: [snip]

Ravensilver, i posted this also on the other thread, if there is a higher chance the other thread is watched by devs. dont makes sense to repeat it in different words, so i just copy-paste it there. Hope thats fine.

[edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 2, 2020 2:16PM
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A short term solution might be to make combo furnishings from existing furnishings.
    Suppose you have a Table Setting deco that is plate, fork, spoon, knife. The material requirements might be the four furnishings - plate, fork, spoon, and knife.
    Options
  • Abnormal_Systems
    Abnormal_Systems
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry for the thread necro, but i do very much agree for a increase of the furniture limit in certain houses. Even a small increase like 800 to 900, or maybe 850 would be enough for me to be honest.
    I have bought the "Bastion Sanguinaris" house, and there is sooo much space. 800 just feels to low for the enourmous amount of space you have available there.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    Options
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    N/A
    Edited by hexnotic on November 17, 2020 5:41PM
    Options
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    I wish ZOS will allow us to upgrade the smaller home slot limit. I would pay for another 100 slots for my Mournoth Keep home. It would still be under the 700 slot limit and I can fully flesh out my medium size home.
    Options