The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lag in every form of pvp seems to affect more people than others

Perundel
Perundel
✭✭
It also seems to affect some skills over others. For me, resto and 2h skills are the most affected, as well as the evergreen blastbones. I'm failing so much at pvp since the new launcher update that I simply stopped. Used to be able to get over 20 kills on BGs before the beautiful last break, now I can even block properly. Same happens with some trials, but overland content works fine (yay!). Just checking on everybody's experience. My connection is fine, in case some wonder. Spamming Rapid Regen 15 times without the skill going off, while people are still able to hammer me down is incredibly frustrating.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes it’s worse yea. This morning was particularly bad, and I’ve noticed the same thing about some skills are worse than others.

The warden armour buff seems particularly bad. I’ll be pvping (or trying to) and it takes forever to cycle my buffs. Sometimes I’ll notice mid fight that my netch or armour buff didn’t fire despite the animation going off, and as expected it doesn’t end well.

From playing Cyro in heavy lag I’ve noticed anything that targets multiple people or has a cast time is more likely to fail: inevitable det, dark flare, hasty prayer, etc... are all unusable. It’s the main reason ball groups are OP in Cyro.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 1, 2020 7:42PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is completely true, play a magwarden and tell me it doesn't lag WAY more than any other toons, or that certain buffs don't lock up (Armor buff on necro, netch on warden) as many problems as dawnbreaker has with going through the floor, it has nothing on resto staff ult which can be mashed for up to 10 seconds without responding or northern storm/colossus which can fully begin animations with sound effects and NOT actually have casted, that has never once happened with atro or DK leap for me.

Server issues aside there is no doubt for me that the problems are caused by bad code directly tied to animations(in particular with classes or spells which were not part of the original lauch), it's why the game completely broke with the change to block, it's why break free does not work and it's why animation cancelling needs to stay in the game because TBH the animations are the problem it's why cancelling them gave you better skill response times.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    precambria wrote: »
    This is completely true, play a magwarden and tell me it doesn't lag WAY more than any other toons, or that certain buffs don't lock up (Armor buff on necro, netch on warden) as many problems as dawnbreaker has with going through the floor, it has nothing on resto staff ult which can be mashed for up to 10 seconds without responding or northern storm/colossus which can fully begin animations with sound effects and NOT actually have casted, that has never once happened with atro or DK leap for me.

Server issues aside there is no doubt for me that the problems are caused by bad code directly tied to animations(in particular with classes or spells which were not part of the original lauch), it's why the game completely broke with the change to block, it's why break free does not work and it's why animation cancelling needs to stay in the game because TBH the animations are the problem it's why cancelling them gave you better skill response times.

I’ve never thought about it, but yea you’re right. MagWarden does seem particularly bad.

I cycle through my characters going down the list of toons and warden is last for me. I thought it might have something to do with playing it last and not restarting the client, but it might be the class itself.

When I tried playing it in cyrodiil I hated it. I was planning on using 4 buffs, by the time I was done cycling them it was time to restart.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 2, 2020 7:36PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, lately when the lag is real, my bow works but not my 2h or melee attacks
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed that you can cast a skill , it does the animation but nothing actually happens. So like if I casted rapid regen or vigor it looks like I did but my character heals for nothing.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed that you can cast a skill , it does the animation but nothing actually happens. So like if I casted rapid regen or vigor it looks like I did but my character heals for nothing.

I’ve noticed the same. After reading that warden abilities are far worse than other classes for skills not firing I’ve been paying attention, and wow it’s totally true. Netch, shalks and the armour buff are the worst offenders.

Any work around for this? Does animation cancelling help? There’ll be an animation and then nothing happens.

When I play my MagDK everything’s smooth. I play both classes pretty glassy so it’s game breaking for warden.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 4, 2020 12:51PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

I’ve noticed the same. After reading that warden abilities are far worse than other classes for skills not firing I’ve been paying attention, and wow it’s totally true. Netch, shalks and the armour buff are the worst offenders.

Any work around for this? Does animation cancelling help? There’ll be an animation and then nothing happens.

When I play my MagDK everything’s smooth. I play both classes pretty glassy so it’s game breaking for warden.

Seems the only work around is dying because the game isn’t working. I doubt animation canceling helps since a large amount of my skills I cancel , if anything it probably makes it worse with the recent changes.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    its absoloute ass in pve too and not just the dlc classes, u get stuck in wrecking blow animations or light attacks in veteran dungeons too, weaving endless hail or storm atro is pain in the ass too, sometimes the la doesnt go off sometimes the skill doesnt go off or sometimes the skill goes off x2.

for pvp i jump into daily bg to grab my gold transmute bag and thats as much as i can tolerate with this performance.
    I'm playing mag dk there but the skills are just as annoying.
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    and this patch is indirect nerf to magblades confirmed, even without lag they're near the bottom of the foodchain and on top of that u have to suffer weaving/bow proc sheningans :lol:
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, it has been VERY frustrating "Performance Update".. with the worst performance i`ve seen the game in last 5 years.

Magicka Warden (aka Buffden) is really annoying to play, punching each buff randomly 1-10 times before they actually work, and i am not talking about primetime Cyrodiil only, it is same on 6am at lonely IC playing.. :|

My Magblade.. not wanting to even play it most times, since Bow proc and other stuff that needs to be fast (like Fear combo) does not work against other players when has to press each skill 5 times before them working, if even then.

Nothing really works that used to take speed, skill & finesse to do properly on most classes.

What "works" then? Zergling builds sorta work:

- Use Mighty Chudan (one less important buff to press that would not work on current patch).
    - Use one tanky proc set of choice/class synergy, prefer one that works without complicated conditions, since skills to trigger it might not work.
    - Use things like Rattlecage or DKS, so get your major sorcery or brutality free without pressing since skills not work.
    - Proceed to "lfg" and then with 20+ people just proc enemies down, spamming 2k damage Snipes and Lightning staff heavy attacks.

Yay. :|
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag is actually so bad I have a clip where I somehow fire one procced bow on stamblade at 2 different targets in cyro, I see clips from 2 years ago and the games frames and fluidness seem to to so much worse now than before and people who come back question how I still play the game. The problem is the majority of the cyrodil playerbase are zerglings running ranged builds whose gameplay experience would be fairly unaffected by the declining performance.
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance was absolutely awful today in pvp. None of my skills would land. Can’t wait for them to make the changes to light attacks. What could go wrong?
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general the grass is always greener on the other side in PvP - he use X thing which is completely OP, or I lagged and he didn't etc. etc.

What I've noticed is that this lag comes in waves, in one moment you can't fire almost any skills, in next few seconds you're able to weave a bit and then again nothing seems to work.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    precambria wrote: »

I always had this problem with Wardens, it’s why I rarely ever played one.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • AsheronRealaidain
    AsheronRealaidain
    ✭✭✭
    I can't play on the alliance locked campaign on Xbox it's literally impossible. You try to use a skill and the animation starts then stops, starts then stops. After the 5th attempt it might actually go off, still might not. These days I take longer breaks in playing so I don't know when this started, but it's never been as bad as what I've seen the past couple months playing again. General lag and server disconnects have gotten a lot better over time but this is a whole new level of frustration. Standard non alliance locked campaign I don't have the issue, so that's where I've been playing. They consolidated campaigns a while back but it seems like 1 alliance locked campaign is not enough or something, it's the most populated and is the only place I have the issue. Other campaigns, IC, BGs are all fine for me.

Daggerfall Covenant
    Asheron Realaidain | Altmer Magsorc
    Wayward Bob | Orsimer Stamplar
    Aerbax Virindi | Dunmer Magblade
    Numuhdira | Redguard Stamsorc
    Borelean Strathelar | Khajiit Stamblade
    Isin Dule | Dunmer MagDK
    Illservian Palacost | Argonian Magplar
    Lord Rytheran | Nord Stamcro
    Antius Blackmoor | Orsimer StamDK
    Xbox One X, NA