Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Main Quest Problem

Easily_Lost
Easily_Lost
✭✭✭✭✭
I started the Main Quest, got as far as rescuing Abnur Tharn ( he is in the Prophets cave ). I have gained approx. 10 levels since that time, the quest will no advance beyond that point. I finished before the most recent update.
Has anyone else had this problem.
PC - NA - AD
started April 2015
PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have the Elsweyr prologue quest open in your quest log? The name of it is called “The Demon Weapon”

If so than you have to drop the quest to continue the main story because otherwise Abnar Tharn is bugged and can’t be in two places at once. I had the same problem happen to me. It’s a known bug that’s been around for a while. You probably picked up that quest early on while playing the Elsweyr chapter and didn’t even realize it. It auto starts at some point.

Anyway drop the prologue quest and you’ll be able to progress through the main story again.
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have the Elsweyr prologue quest open in your quest log? The name of it is called “The Demon Weapon”

If so than you have to drop the quest to continue the main story because otherwise Abnar Tharn is bugged and can’t be in two places at once. I had the same problem happen to me. It’s a known bug that’s been around for a while. You probably picked up that quest early on while playing the Elsweyr chapter and didn’t even realize it. It auto starts at some point.

Anyway drop the prologue quest and you’ll be able to progress through the main story again.

Looooool. Didn't know that, it is silly
    Options
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand how Abnur Tharn being in two places at once is a problem. When I was playing thru the main quest and got to Messages across Tamriel, I was in Daggerfall mages guild where you meet Vanus and he comes in...while theres another Vanus upstairs for the Summerset prologue. 2 Vanus' in the same place at once. Not being able to have The Tharn Speaks and The Demon Weapon at the same time is silly.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wondered about that with Greymoor to come - what if Lyris Titanborn is still in Coldharbor and not rescued yet by a new character.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, I just noticed the Skald King is in two places in Windhelm, the New Palace, and the Temporary Palace. Not to mention the Thanes house in Fort Amol. And, this is just in East March. Lets not get started on all the places he is at in The Rift.

I applaud ZOS's efforts to cut down on this nonsense....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand how Abnur Tharn being in two places at once is a problem. When I was playing thru the main quest and got to Messages across Tamriel, I was in Daggerfall mages guild where you meet Vanus and he comes in...while theres another Vanus upstairs for the Summerset prologue. 2 Vanus' in the same place at once. Not being able to have The Tharn Speaks and The Demon Weapon at the same time is silly.

The Bug with Tharn is because he is actually in the same building for both the main quest and prologue quest if you are playing the AD faction line. For whatever reason the game can’t seem to resolve this. You can’t still have Tharn in the Harborage and Elsweyr at the same time wearing 2 different outfits too!

The DLC overlap is funky like that and for new players just starting in Elsweyr you’ll meet a whole cast of characters that you should have already interacted with several times through the main story. It’s very out of context. Cool story though but way out of context.
    Options
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That was the problem. As soon as I abandoned the quest, I got the summons to the fighters guild.
    Thank you very much.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
    Options