The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Kicked back to login screen.

avekube
avekube
Soul Shriven
Hello I play ESO on PC NA. Ever since yesterday's patch I have been having constant issues with ESO kicking me off and back to login screen. However when this happens it bypasses character select and has no error message regarding inactivity or loss of connection. I've been monitoring my connection with other programs and running some repeated pings and I'm not having any packet loss or other lapses of connection. It appears to be specific to ESO. Yesterday it was somewhat tolerable however since this morning it happens multiple times an hour.

Additionally, when immediately trying to log back in, it will still think I'm logged in for several minutes before letting me back in.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @avekube

There are three troubleshooting steps below that can help improve your connection preventing some of the disconnections that are happening.
    • Configure your router to open the following outbound ports:
      • TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
      • TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
      • TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
      • TCP Port 80
      • TCP Port 433
    • Update the firmware of your router (it is always a good step to take, as it prevents that an outdated firmware interferes on your connection).
    • Try to put your modem/router far from all electrical devices and do not coil up any excess signal or power cables (to eliminate possible interference problems).
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • avekube
    avekube
    Soul Shriven
    Hi @ZOS_BillE

I have pre-preemptively tried some of that. I've been unable to port forward every port in that range as my current router does not have the ability to forward a range, so I'm having to enter every entry manually which is taking some time.

However, before this week's patch, I did not have the addresses forwarded either and it was until that day that it begun, which is why I'm wondering if this is a known issue and is being looked into or not. I opened a ticket the morning after it started happening but have not heard anything yet. My ticket number is 200331-003577.

I've been running a few tests like with ping /t on my Windows 10 system. I had previously had some connectivity issues in general with my home network setup here but me and ISP have recently resolved those issues and I have not been experiencing any issues outside of ESO. I've also called them to see if there's anything on their end that might help but it looks like its specific to ESO currently.

Thank you for your time and patience and your hard work. A lot of people pretty much everywhere are going through a lot and we all do different things, this game has been helping me stay a bit distracted when needed and you all appreciated for keeping it supported. Thank you!
  • avekube
    avekube
    Soul Shriven
    Another update to the issue. I saw in some other thread recommendations to turn off addons and to also clear programdata folder. I tried both and the issue persists. However the programdata part I did earlier today and I just now to get a chance to test it, this time the game completely crashed instead of being booted to the login screen.
  • Malacay
    Malacay
    Soul Shriven
    I got the same problem.
    After I chose my character I get a loading screen.
    Afterwards I'm back into the login screen before I even saw any ingame stuff.

Playing on EU, no addons and a repair did nothing to solve my problem.
    The local event log (client, launcher and network) are just cut of and show nothing after character select.
    This is the only game I'm having issues with.
    My router is up to date and the ports are set to be forwarded to my pc.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    i have a similar problem but mines been happening since the patch after elswher and i get kicked 5 to seven times a day
  • m_marinob14_ESO
    m_marinob14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issues, constantly being disconnected back to log in screen. I have had my ISP come to my home to deal with any issues. They found none and replaced my modem anyway. I still get constant disconnects. It is unplayable. Please help.
  • avekube
    avekube
    Soul Shriven
    That ticket I made never got a proper response from an actual person, it was closed erroneously as a duplicate even though I have no other tickets open.

@ZOS_BillE
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @avekube

I've re-opened your ticket which had been closed out.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • poleth1984
    poleth1984
    ✭✭
    im having the same issue and have done all those fixes.
  • Paske
    Paske
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly the fixes dont help.

It mostly happens during heavy server loads, in the evenings. If I play during morning everything works fine. Go to work, come home at night and - constant disconnects.