Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Crowns are NOT on sale on Xbox

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
This website says the sale starts today, an in-game banner says the sale is active, yet the crowns are still regular price.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

When is the sale supposed to start?
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Thokri
    Thokri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game in this state and people actually want to buy crowns?

Wow..
  • Tangerla
    Tangerla
    Is this sale only for PC?
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's adorable that their article cites "steep" discounts when these discounts are not on the level they were a couple years ago (and when crowns are overpriced in general even when on sale).
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    And this is why nothing improves, money just rolls in for them, no need to fix anything.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey folks, apologies for the confusion. The Crown Pack sale on Xbox One will begin tomorrow, April 1st, and we have updated our article to reflect that. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, thanks for the update. I have been checking throughout the day and then when the message came up and it still wasn't on sale....

giphy.gif
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thokri wrote: »

Wow..

Was just thinking the same xD
    EU | PC
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

Wow..

It's not really that shocking. Different players have different gameplay priorities and many of those priorities are just fine "in this state" (whatever was meant by that). On top of that, MMOs including ESO are designed around creating addiction, which hooks a segment of people into continuing to play regardless of any issues. There are also some types that jump when they hear the marketing gimmick term "sale" even though the sale price of crowns is still ridiculous given what cash shop items cost for what you get.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    Master_Kas wrote: »

Wow..

It's not really that shocking. Different players have different gameplay priorities and many of those priorities are just fine "in this state" (whatever was meant by that). On top of that, MMOs including ESO are designed around creating addiction, which hooks a segment of people into continuing to play regardless of any issues. There are also some types that jump when they hear the marketing gimmick term "sale" even though the sale price of crowns is still ridiculous given what cash shop items cost for what you get.

You forgot to add in, "It's the end of the month, when plenty of players get paid, and they rarely time their sales to be this convenient in that regard." Which is definitely the reason I'm taking advantage - I don't have to save it for later and resist temptation to spend it on some other game/entertainment.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Eliza Godhater
    Eliza Godhater
    ✭✭✭
    April Fools!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow..

Why not? By and large it's only a very small minority of players that are solely PvPers or Trialists who are disaffected. Most other players are fine, even on PC EU most of the time.

I've played a number of less popular games than this one, and where everyone has been affected by performance or other issues. Believe me, the forum threads in those games ran to a hundred pages or more. This game isn't in the same league as those, and the Steam figures demonstrate that all too well - as do the forum threads running to a few tens of pages at most on the hottest topics (and that's with the Mods trying to move everyone onto a single thread).
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow..

I buy crowns to unlock skill lines, and maybe the odd race change from time to time. I'll do the grinds once, but I'd rather spend the money than the time to unlock those line on other characters, or to have a class I've leveled be a different race.

I pretty much spend 90% of my time doing BGs which are mostly free from performance issues.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on March 31, 2020 11:52PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Wow..

Why not? By and large it's only a very small minority of players that are solely PvPers or Trialists who are disaffected. Most other players are fine, even on PC EU most of the time.

I've played a number of less popular games than this one, and where everyone has been affected by performance or other issues. Believe me, the forum threads in those games ran to a hundred pages or more. This game isn't in the same league as those, and the Steam figures demonstrate that all too well - as do the forum threads running to a few tens of pages at most on the hottest topics (and that's with the Mods trying to move everyone onto a single thread).

A *** artist at work