Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Bat Scion vs Night Scion

RaptorRodeoGod
RaptorRodeoGod
✭✭✭✭✭
Which morph will be better?
Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
---
Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
---
Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.

Bat Scion vs Night Scion 29 votes

Bat Scion
68%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOSpriggenBriolaseXeniteLord-OttoKr3doXDark_One13Cameron991PuzzlenutsNserSchokoladeThrainArgonianwerecroc212ParadisiusRed_FeatherNoxavianDreadDaedrothbmnobleborkieelonnml 20 votes
Night Scion
31%
TessituraShadowHvoSeptimus_MagnaTX12001rwb17_ESORevokusValenorSylianweImSoProLady_Linux 9 votes
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bat Scion if you're a close range brawler, and Night Scion if you're going to be using normal class abilities with vampire stuff. Reason being is bat swarm is basically the devouring swarm ultimate with an addon and Night Scion gets rid of the non-vampire cost increases, fire damage, and health regeneration debuff.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bat Scion
    Stage five won't influence your build. If you had access to it for a majority of the time, you could drop sustain a bit. But as an ultimate, you just get a small temporary buff.
    Bats on the other hand give you a bit more pressure, which is probably why you'd want to use an ultimate like this in the first place. EVERYONE (except snipe cowards... I mean, gankers) is melee range now, so bats will always do their job in scion form. Clear winner.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Stage five won't influence your build. If you had access to it for a majority of the time, you could drop sustain a bit. But as an ultimate, you just get a small temporary buff.
    Bats on the other hand give you a bit more pressure, which is probably why you'd want to use an ultimate like this in the first place. EVERYONE (except snipe cowards... I mean, gankers) is melee range now, so bats will always do their job in scion form. Clear winner.

    We'll see when it hits the PTS which is better. Can only theory craft at the moment but your argument has convinced me to pick the bat one, but I can still see the other being good against someone like a MagDK.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Spriggen
    Spriggen
    ✭✭✭
    Bat Scion
    We can be Vampire tanks!

    Just fix the appearance of the Scion in general though.

    Less in size. Not so swole.
    Options
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bat Scion
    Night Scion allows a non committed vampire player to get a cool super beast mode without ever having to feed or slot anything but the ultimate.

    But it needs way more than that to be taken over Bats.

    I hope when it comes to PTS the night scion has more to it. Like a longer duration or it drains magicka per second and ends when magicka ends.
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither for me
    Options
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Night Scion
    I am going against the grain here, but I am leaning Night Scion. Why? Because to me, the Scion ults are better used defensively. and Night scion removes my vamp negatives, which will allow me to cast panic mode heals and not take extra fire damage for my oh *** moments. I'll have to really wait and see before I can make a real call on it, but I am pretty certain there are better offensive ults people have access to, so this should be a good defensive option.
    Night Scion allows a non committed vampire player to get a cool super beast mode without ever having to feed or slot anything but the ultimate.

    But it needs way more than that to be taken over Bats.

    I hope when it comes to PTS the night scion has more to it. Like a longer duration or it drains magicka per second and ends when magicka ends.

    To be honest, I would like to see it work more like Overload, in that you get a special LA and HA that drains ultimate, but I know we won't get hat. Just be nice to idle as a monster.
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bat Scion
    Which morph will be better?

    Over all disappointed in the Night Scion morph. I think the fact all it gives is this "stage 5" vampirism to be quite boring for an ultimate morph.

    IMO it should call upon the "creatures of the night" and summon a couple death hounds or a big gargoyle when you transform.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

    Over all disappointed in the Night Scion morph. I think the fact all it gives is this "stage 5" vampirism to be quite boring for an ultimate morph.

    IMO it should call upon the "creatures of the night" and summon a couple death hounds or a big gargoyle when you transform.

    Then some people will point out its like that one werewolf ultimate, but you know what, its a good idea.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bat Scion
    I voted for Bat Scion purely because while Night Scions effect is really interesting, the duration of the ult itself makes the "Stage 5 Vampire" lack luster in an overall fight, while Bat Scion gives you some aoe damage and has cool swirling bats around you
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bat Scion
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Noxavian wrote: »

    Over all disappointed in the Night Scion morph. I think the fact all it gives is this "stage 5" vampirism to be quite boring for an ultimate morph.

    IMO it should call upon the "creatures of the night" and summon a couple death hounds or a big gargoyle when you transform.

    Then some people will point out its like that one werewolf ultimate, but you know what, its a good idea.

    Like, yeah you're right. But at that point it could be said that any ult that summons things is like the one morph of the WW ult. But at the very least it'll be a more interesting effect. Heck if they really wanted to, they could add the stage 5 vampirism thing ONTO it too. Like you become stage 5 and you summon a couple death hounds.

    Idk, I just feel like it's wack that they crafted these brand new death hound models and we don't get to use them at all anywhere in the vampire kit. I would imagine we're probably going to run into some cool looking gargoyles too. Plus vamps being able to summon a gargoyle has been a major request since day one.

    It doesn't have to be just summons either, I just don't want to see Night Scion hit live the way it is tbh. It feels very unimpactful for an ultimate morph.
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bat Scion
    Paradisius wrote: »
    I voted for Bat Scion purely because while Night Scions effect is really interesting, the duration of the ult itself makes the "Stage 5 Vampire" lack luster in an overall fight, while Bat Scion gives you some aoe damage and has cool swirling bats around you

    The effect isn't really that interesting, tbh. It just removes the weaknesses of vampire. That's it. That's all the morph does.

    If they want to make it viable they either need to allow the morph to increase the duration up to like 30 seconds or add on an additional effect, imo.
    Options
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way it looks to me, I would probably prefer my class ultimates. Depending on tuning, dk ultimates are probably going to be better for tanking. Not sure on other classes.
    Options
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if Night Scion added stage 5 vampire for being slotted?
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
    Options
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems far too early to say. Also seems to me they are both viable for different reasons in different circumstances.
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Night Scion
    It really depends on the damage of Bat Scion and value of the disadvantages that you negate with Night Scion.
    Night Scion looks like a more attractive choice to me because it has a good synergy with Blood Frenzy without sacrificing sustain or defense.

    What if Night Scion added stage 5 vampire for being slotted?

    That would make one of the best passive ult effects, stage 5 gives all the benefits of being a stage 4 vamp without any of the drawbacks.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
Sign In or Register to comment.