Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

All honesty if this was beta instead.

VividMind
VividMind
✭✭✭
If this current state of the game was beta it would of gotten more love than hate.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VividMind wrote: »
    If this current state of the game was beta it would of gotten more love than hate.

Only because we would expect it to be fixed.
    This is a six year old game, however, not some hypothetical beta. So the issues not being fixed are ridiculous at this point.
    Not in a hypothetical sense, but in reality.
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Betas are unfinished products. How exactly is it surprising that people would give beta products some allowance for bugs/performance issues that they won't for a supposedly finished, paid-for product? Also, during beta it is very rare for players to experience "end-game", which is where ZOS' issues affect the game the most. I don't care about lag or unresponsive skills while questing, but when 3 out of 4 people in a group die to Domihaus' shout while all stacking on top of one another behind a pillar, or when 12 people in a trial group are disconnected at the same time and return to find the trial reset, it's a little bit annoying to put it mildly.
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, as people often put it in my language: "If my grandma had wheels, she'd be a truck." No point discussing impossible hypotheticals. This game has been out of beta a long time, it's pointless to discuss how it would be received if it still were in that stage.
    Options
  • VividMind
    VividMind
    ✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

Betas are unfinished products. How exactly is it surprising that people would give beta products some allowance for bugs/performance issues that they won't for a supposedly finished, paid-for product? Also, during beta it is very rare for players to experience "end-game", which is where ZOS' issues affect the game the most. I don't care about lag or unresponsive skills while questing, but when 3 out of 4 people in a group die to Domihaus' shout while all stacking on top of one another behind a pillar, or when 12 people in a trial group are disconnected at the same time and return to find the trial reset, it's a little bit annoying to put it mildly.

i'm saying this because of the fact that the beta was almost unplayable literally. obviously it's gotten better though. and people were hating on the game hard when it was in beta now it's less so i mean
    Edited by VividMind on March 30, 2020 10:33AM
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and if a cat was a horse you could ride it up the tree
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i'm saying this because of the fact that the beta was almost unplayable literally. obviously it's gotten better though. and people were hating on the game hard when it was in beta now it's less so i mean

I played the last few public betas, and the game was certainly not unplayable. In fact, the biggest issue I had in the first few months were the duping exploits flooding the in-game economy, and the hordes of bots farming delve bosses and harvesting materials. In both cases, ZOS should have taken measures well before launch and been much more proactive banning players after launch. They dragged their collective heels and took months to fix both issues, and even then the fixes never included something as basic as removing unintended gains from duplication/bot farming. It took hundreds of posts of people in charge of trading guilds to have ZOS acknowledge and act on the botched refund of bids when trader swapped failed on PC-EU (not once, but three times if I didn't lose count). ZOS have always been reactive rather than proactive, and taken action in a panicked, knee-jerk way instead of following a carefully drawn plan.
    Options
  • Runes_Ur
    Runes_Ur
    ✭✭
    Game has been out for 6 years dude.
    Edited by Runes_Ur on March 30, 2020 10:45AM
    Options
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's still in alpha
    Options
  • VividMind
    VividMind
    ✭✭✭

I played the last few public betas, and the game was certainly not unplayable. In fact, the biggest issue I had in the first few months were the duping exploits flooding the in-game economy, and the hordes of bots farming delve bosses and harvesting materials. In both cases, ZOS should have taken measures well before launch and been much more proactive banning players after launch. They dragged their collective heels and took months to fix both issues, and even then the fixes never included something as basic as removing unintended gains from duplication/bot farming. It took hundreds of posts of people in charge of trading guilds to have ZOS acknowledge and act on the botched refund of bids when trader swapped failed on PC-EU (not once, but three times if I didn't lose count). ZOS have always been reactive rather than proactive, and taken action in a panicked, knee-jerk way instead of following a carefully drawn plan.

i played beta right when they announced it so i had my experience so idk what you're saying lol
    Options
  • VividMind
    VividMind
    ✭✭✭

i played beta right when they announced it so i had my experience so idk what you're saying lol

BTW keyword what i said noob read you newbie i said "ALMOST" unplayable it wasn't direct like how you try making it LOL! go on somewhere this isn't suppose to be an argument grow up

Options
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In unpublished beta games you get equivalent of 100,000 gold and 1K Crowns/Gems daily or weekly + access to absolutely everything to click on & test on, with you mind set on the fact that the product is under construction.

This is a 6 years old commercial product, what the heck you are talking about, this makes no sense.

Edited by RefLiberty on March 30, 2020 12:22PM
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this thread has become proof that cabin fever is a thing. OP, get off the internet and do something about that rage.
    Options
  • VividMind
    VividMind
    ✭✭✭
    And this thread has become proof that cabin fever is a thing. OP, get off the internet and do something about that rage.

what rage? you two are trying to argue over me saying beta grow up child lol
    Options
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I preordered this game and played in the closed beta, when you decide to do that there are some risks of it and I was pleasantly surprised by the game, when you order an expansion for said game that costs equally much 6 years after the game has been launched and at least sort of works, than within a few weeks the game is rendered unplayable ... that is not even remotely the same thing it shouldn't be a risk to expect a game to continue functioning.

They will fix it, but for me it's already been the most negative online game experience I have ever had to be left in the dark and getting hopes up that it will work one day. I preorder other game for beta and am trying to not get over hype about it but the promise of a game that will not be so inconsistent is very alluring.
    Options
  • VividMind
    VividMind
    ✭✭✭
    i don't think the game's bad at all it's just people hated on the game badly back then when it was in the beta times so i was just making a joke basically not really something serious idk what you guys doing lol
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    and if a cat was a horse you could ride it up the tree

I can ride my horse up a cat tree?
    Options
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

As the thread does not create the opportunity for constructive commentary and is baiting in nature, we've decided to close this thread. Please be sure to keep our Community Rules in mind when posting on our forums.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.