Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Anyone else suddenly having huge frame rate problems?

worrallj
worrallj
✭✭✭✭✭
Trying to determine if latest patch is not playing well or if my PC has suddenly decided it's too old for this $&!#. Been have issues the last few days.

Best Answers

• IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just you, their ‘FPS improvement’ seems to have made it worse for me anyways.

EDIT: and even more so in the past few days.... I was getting under 30 FPS yesterday on a 2080 so I don’t think it’s a hardware issue.
    Edited by IndianaJames7 on March 29, 2020 9:34PM
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I have an msi laptop, i7-7700, 8gb ram, nvidea GeForce gtx 1050. Not the newest top of the line, but used to work fine with high graphics settings, or medium on a bad day. Now I'm struggling with minimum settings half the time.
    Edited by worrallj on March 29, 2020 9:44PM
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably event and server load, plus on top, you if you are in the event area, you card needs to load more players than usual.

Although, based on your previous experience, it is most certainly the event.

If we look at the highlights of the incoming Patch 26, you will probably see the the reason of the issues you are having right now:

Q2 2020: Update 26
    Player Character Loading: We are making the player character loading process multi-threaded on the server to improve performance. Internal bug fixing is underway. This work is on track to release with Update 26.

Character Update: This work centers around how characters are drawn on the client, spreading work out over multiple cores. This work is complete and on track to release with Update 26.

Edited by RefLiberty on March 29, 2020 9:59PM
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an update it seemed to go mostly back to normal this afternoon, off questing in greenshade. So... For whatever that's worth.
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Prior to any improvement updates or the big download, I sometimes got FPS spiking up and down for no reason at all. Staring at a wall in Bleakrock with no other players even remotely close, and FPS was jumping up and down. The problem came and went with no clear reason.
    Options
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Change this settings here and tell me if it helped. Gave me a +30 fps boost in almost all areas.

SET RequestedNumJobThreads "-1"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0"
    Options