The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Necromancer abilities cause weapons to dissapear

drakthir
drakthir
✭✭✭
So yeah, say like sorc or templar when using a destro staff the class abilities cast fine without making the staff invis.
With Necro basically all class abilities cause the destro staff to go invis, i don't know if its a bug or they made a choice for it to be ugly af but...
plz fix
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    U are a powerful necromancer, u call up the dark secrets and ur weapon prevent u, so u let it disappear into the dark realms of oblivion, cast ur powerfull magic and then bring back your weapon to your hands.
    Atleast this must be the thought of the animation team, it's annoying like bows without a quiver on their back or side.
    When it has to disappear for what ever reason when give it a super short visual effect so it looks intended and not like a bug.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ugly as [Snip].

Terrible design. No ability should make weapons dissapear. It looks so lazy and cartoonish

[Edit to remove profanity]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on October 31, 2021 2:34AM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Throwing Blade
    Silver leash
    Noxious breath.
    Beautiful animations in which the weapons are visible.

And then we have flame lash. Such a cool idea. Such a terrible implementation
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I wish weapons did not disappear during skill animations.
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Suligost
    Suligost
    ✭✭✭
    He should just sheath it (like when sorc cast shard) and it should be STANDARD for every such skill :)
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drakthir wrote: »
    So yeah, say like sorc or templar when using a destro staff the class abilities cast fine without making the staff invis.
    With Necro basically all class abilities cause the destro staff to go invis, i don't know if its a bug or they made a choice for it to be ugly af but...
    plz fix

Im thinking this is a more widespread bug of some kind. It is happening regularly on one of my DK. I have not noticed it on other characters so much.

• drakthir
    drakthir
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah im not sure the cause, maybe its a bug, maybe err its like a lowering of the quality of the class building dev team, you know maybe they think its not important (i say this because i thought it was mostly a problem on the necro and a little bit of the warden) which are the newer classes.

Yeah i don't know the reason why it is the way it is, jsut know its ugly and honestly, makes necro literally unplayable for me and is the main class that i WANT to play.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure its intentional because I remember a patch note saying they "fixed the issue" of weapons not disappearing while casting necro skills.
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • drakthir
    drakthir
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure its intentional because I remember a patch note saying they "fixed the issue" of weapons not disappearing while casting necro skills.

I think that was a seperate bug, i remember a lot of people having it, there was a weapon dissapearing bug that fixed not that long ago