Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Jesters event not working as intended. has pc eu crashed?

Lady_Linux
Lady_Linux
✭✭✭✭✭
On the plus side when running the gauntlet in auridon and returning from the college in vulkhel guard there is no wash out of the ground as in years past.

On the down side, the game stops and reloads several times whil on horse back taking me to a loading scren and the washrines may work or not and the petal thingys may fire or not until the game kicks you offline for trying to manually /reoadui because of all the desyncs
Edited by Lady_Linux on March 27, 2020 3:43PM
I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is the eu server even accessible now on pc? After the character loading screen i get an eternal loading screen. I'm guessing pc eu crashed the server
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was there up to a few minutes ago, and everything was fine. Now it seems they have activated log-in queues again...
    Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on March 27, 2020 3:45PM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was there up to a few minutes ago, and everything was fine.

try it now. auridon loading screen is never ending

Edited by Lady_Linux on March 27, 2020 3:47PM

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Glenumbra and have no problems so far? But I'll travel to Auridon to check.
    EDIT
    I'm in Auridon now. Loadscreen of perhaps 10 seconds.
    Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on March 27, 2020 3:49PM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Managed to get back on... got kicked off again
    +-

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • dutchusuk
    dutchusuk
    ✭✭✭
    Already kicked out the game 3 times and 1 crash, they should stop with the evens and first fix the game.
    Options
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not having any issues with PC-EU
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
    Options
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was there up to a few minutes ago, and everything was fine. Now it seems they have activated log-in queues again...

LMAO, if only they would just replace their server hardware xD. Almost all these issues would evaporate. I know, I know, investing in their product is taboo.
    Options
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    Not having any issues with PC-EU

Same, I'm log since 13:00 cet and the only problem is from my connexion who go away some time ><
    No problem with the game, no lag, no loadscreen or so.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might not have any bearing on your issue, but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone runs into it...

Last night I was playing on my MacBook Air, cycling through my PC NA characters to do their daily crafting writs. Everything was fine on my first character, but when I logged in on my second character he couldn't interact with the crafting station-- the window would not pop up no matter how many times I pressed E, backed away and approached it again, etc. Then I got DCed.

On my old Windows computer, that sort of thing frequently occurred due to other processes running in the background and hogging up the CPU time or internet connection-- often Windows Update or Defender-- so on a hunch, I opened my MacBook Air's Settings app to see if it was doing anything. Sure enough, it was showing me that a macOS update was available. I have it set to NOT automatically download and install updates, but obviously it still checks to see if updates are available. I don't know for certain, but my gut feeling is that the sudden unresponsiveness in ESO, followed by the DC, was from the MacBook Air giving me the finger and deciding that its desire to check for available updates was much more important than anything I happened to be doing at the time.

TL;DR-- A sudden spike in lags, unresponsiveness, very long loading screens, etc., could conceivably be from some process on your end that's temporarily hogging your computer's time and resources, or something in your network hogging the internet connection. It might even be something with the internet itself. Anyway, if there's any apps you can check to see if you've got any background processes running, you might check them whenever you notice a sudden case of unresponsiveness, etc. On my new Windows computer I've gotten in the habit of checking for updates and running a quick scan right before I start up ESO, to hopefully minimize the likelihood that the computer will decide to do either of those things on its own as I'm playing.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    This might not have any bearing on your issue, but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone runs into it...

Last night I was playing on my MacBook Air, cycling through my PC NA characters to do their daily crafting writs. Everything was fine on my first character, but when I logged in on my second character he couldn't interact with the crafting station-- the window would not pop up no matter how many times I pressed E, backed away and approached it again, etc. Then I got DCed.

On my old Windows computer, that sort of thing frequently occurred due to other processes running in the background and hogging up the CPU time or internet connection-- often Windows Update or Defender-- so on a hunch, I opened my MacBook Air's Settings app to see if it was doing anything. Sure enough, it was showing me that a macOS update was available. I have it set to NOT automatically download and install updates, but obviously it still checks to see if updates are available. I don't know for certain, but my gut feeling is that the sudden unresponsiveness in ESO, followed by the DC, was from the MacBook Air giving me the finger and deciding that its desire to check for available updates was much more important than anything I happened to be doing at the time.

TL;DR-- A sudden spike in lags, unresponsiveness, very long loading screens, etc., could conceivably be from some process on your end that's temporarily hogging your computer's time and resources, or something in your network hogging the internet connection. It might even be something with the internet itself. Anyway, if there's any apps you can check to see if you've got any background processes running, you might check them whenever you notice a sudden case of unresponsiveness, etc. On my new Windows computer I've gotten in the habit of checking for updates and running a quick scan right before I start up ESO, to hopefully minimize the likelihood that the computer will decide to do either of those things on its own as I'm playing.

i have a gigabit connection and average 880-930 d/l speeds

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I lagged so much in PC EU that I couldn't even log into NA earlier (no joke).
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NA running like a hairy goat as well
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    I lagged so much in PC EU that I couldn't even log into NA earlier (no joke).

there's a text file you can edit to switch servers before login

BTW, I use arch too
    Options