Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Remove Cyrodiil Queue from IC

Plodeoca
Plodeoca
✭✭✭
Farming tel’vars is a lot easier today, you just make a big group, farm some tel’vars and when you have enough tel’vars you can just queue for Cyrodiil’s campaigns to get your tel’vars to a safe banker. This happens even in combat, are you fighting your opponents while carrying your tel’vars? No problem! Just queue to Cyrodiil to save your tel’vars!

Well this make the Imperial city stone retreat very useless and it removes the risk and reward of carrying huge amounts of tel’vars.

Other than that, since this mechanism is active there is a decrease of price of the Hakeijo rune because of course this makes easier to get without taking any risk.

This poll is to take back IC like it was before: “Once upon a day you had to run through sewers back to your base carrying your tel’vars with the risk of loosing them due to a ganker or a boss walking on your way”.

The “teleport” out of IC with tel’vars with a cyro queue is immersion breaker from my point of view. What’s yours?

Remove Cyrodiil Queue from IC 46 votes

Remove the queue to Cyrodiil’s campaigns
17%
gootdudeBeardimusQbikenPlodeocaPapachicoDivineFirstYOLOPandaPalaceLoooree 8 votes
Keep the queue system
76%
vailjohn_ESOmartinhpb16_ESOEdenprimeZephiran23JoanOfOrcKartalinElembeebeeKelganzaesoZer0_CooLEortalpeidDojohodaBRCOURTNPureEnvelope35AkromaAngelOfWrathFakeZavosregime211Fur_like_snowNairinheZonasArch 35 votes
Other suggestions; Explain in comments
6%
geonsocalThokriredgreensunset 3 votes
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make it so you can't port while in battle. No reason to make the queuing aystem even more complicated than it already is.
    Options
  • Plodeoca
    Plodeoca
    ✭✭✭
    Just make it so you can't port while in battle. No reason to make the queuing aystem even more complicated than it already is.

This will not remove the fact that you can still farm an huge amount of tel’vars and just teleport out without any risk. You can (as a ganker for example) kill someone carrying 20k tel’vars, go out of combat and just,without risk, teleport out from ic without a “rush back” to your base trough sewers like it used to be years ago.
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial Retreat stones are just 10k AP. It's peanuts for most players who seriously farm Tel Var. There will be no "rush back to your base through sewers" (btw, why rush throught the sewers at all? Just go to a district with a sewer entrance closest to your home base and take a quick jog through pretty much safe territory) even without queing into Cyro.

The only players who will get hurt by your suggestion are casuals who decided to give IC a shot and try to get some Tel Var. And they need all the help they can get.
    Options
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the queue system
    Sounds like you're just frustrated because you can't farm PvE pugs at the sewer entry anymore.

Thats the curent situation actually. And if you get in fight after you queued for cyro, you better not accept because you still can get killed while in loadingscreen.
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on March 27, 2020 1:36PM
    Options
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the queue system
    With current stuck in combat bug which isnt solved by nerfing heroism buff this idea sounds bad
    Options
  • Plodeoca
    Plodeoca
    ✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Sounds like you're just frustrated because you can't farm PvE pugs at the sewer entry anymore.

Thats the curent situation actually. And if you get in fight after you queued for cyro, you better not accept because you still can get killed while in loadingscreen.

Sir, please, i’ve got over 900k tel’vars on my bank and several Hakeijo on guild stores. Even if i’m a sort of huge farmer of tel’vars i find the fact of the queue immersion breaking.
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ball groups sometimes do that in PvP also. Instead of getting whipped, they will group port to IC to escape. I guess those 'good fights' they are looking for are the fights they can easily win.
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the queue system
    How about fix bigger issues first
    Options
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even if they did change it, people could just close the application to keep their stones
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The queue was always available, even before Imperial City was given its own queue. So you wouldn't be asking for things to be put back to how they used to be-- and I assume there was a very good reason it was changed.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove all the sneaky way people use to cheat. Yep.
    This and alliance lock please thanks..
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep the queue system
    What Hakeijo price drop are you on about exactly? They seem more expensive than they were before on PC NA I rarely seem to find them on traders for under 16K a piece and usually higher than that.
    Options
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the queue system
    Plodeoca wrote: »
    Farming tel’vars is a lot easier today, you just make a big group, farm some tel’vars and when you have enough tel’vars you can just queue for Cyrodiil’s campaigns to get your tel’vars to a safe banker. This happens even in combat, are you fighting your opponents while carrying your tel’vars? No problem! Just queue to Cyrodiil to save your tel’vars!

Well this make the Imperial city stone retreat very useless and it removes the risk and reward of carrying huge amounts of tel’vars.

Other than that, since this mechanism is active there is a decrease of price of the Hakeijo rune because of course this makes easier to get without taking any risk.

This poll is to take back IC like it was before: “Once upon a day you had to run through sewers back to your base carrying your tel’vars with the risk of loosing them due to a ganker or a boss walking on your way”.

The “teleport” out of IC with tel’vars with a cyro queue is immersion breaker from my point of view. What’s yours?

How about we worry more about the performance and probably think about this later on down the road?
    Options
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This even happens in Cyro.. zerglings see they about to lose the fight, they start queuing for other campaign and pop a resto ult to survive a few more seconds. I don't see the point in doing that since you don't lose anything in Cyro but still ppl doing it. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 15, 2020 2:24PM
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

Options
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the queue system
    Since a NB can go into the sewers with 0 telvar and gank returning players for free telvar at absolutely no risk to their own, it is only fair that there exists a counter to that.

Rework telvar loss mechanic so that a player can't take more from a killed enemy player than what the winner was already carrying to begin with - and then you can do away with the queue, and even the recall stones.
    bmnoble wrote: »
    What Hakeijo price drop are you on about exactly? They seem more expensive than they were before on PC NA I rarely seem to find them on traders for under 16K a piece and usually higher than that.
    This is kinda old news by this point, but Hakeijo used to be a lot cheaper back when IC was still part of Cyrodiil, and thus it had more available instances than it does now.
    Ever since IC was made its own campaign, the Hakeijo prices went up by roughly 50% on PCEU.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It may be much easier to just close off queueing for Cyrodiil altogether. We know how much trouble Zos has with in-combat issues. I am not saying it is. Just that it might be.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This even happens in Cyro.. zerglings see they about to lose the fight, they start queuing for other campaign and pop a resto ult to survive a few more seconds. I don't see the point in doing that since you don't lose anything in Cyro but still ppl doing it. [snip]

Only time I've ever queued for another campaign in Cyro-- or queued to hop from Cyro to IC and back to Cyro-- was after I had soloed resources and scouted destinations deep in enemy alliance territory, and I wanted a quick trip back to the job boards to turn in the jobs and grab more. I didn't even know you can queue DURING a fight. If I'm in a fight, I either just try to get away if I was racing back to home base anyway and got jumped on the way, or I fight as best I can until I get killed-- which usually doesn't take very long. I mean, getting killed in Cyro is just a free trip back to home base, so why not?

These days I mostly go to IC as needed to do master crafting writs, and then I queue out so I can go turn in the writs. I haven't farmed any Tel Var in a while-- probably not since the last IC event.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 15, 2020 2:24PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bugger off...no greedy - you can't have my stones...

who cares about tri-glyph prices anyway...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the queue system
    The PVP player size of IC is so small now that it really isn’t worth the time. Why are you grinding tel-var so hard? Don’t you like that you can get all you want now?
    Options
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Ball groups sometimes do that in PvP also. Instead of getting whipped, they will group port to IC to escape. I guess those 'good fights' they are looking for are the fights they can easily win.
    Ah yes, agree. Those player that looking for ‘good fight’. When they are faced with player who know to handle them, they port. Sometime I see rock *** do this too when they are in trouble when they are beinv chased by ‘zerg’.
    Options
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hakeijo cost way too much as it is. That's a different problem but anything that keeps the cost down is a must. As it stands you can't make money selling gold glyphs unless you farm them yourself.
    Options