The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Spinning screen with Steam

fiender66
fiender66
✭✭✭✭
After a clean update to Catalina (iMac 2018) and installing Steam and Eso anew (so these and Launcher are up to date for sure), I had the spinning problem.
I went through the usual procedure (Security Privacy etc) I'm already familiar with, plus rebooting the Mac. To no avail. The only thing that worked was to start the game directly from Launcher, bypassing Steam.
I think that the Steam client is where the problem reside, anyway, anyone else has had this same problem (that is, Steam related to spinning), and if so, has solved it somehow?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @fiender66

Have you tried the troubleshooting here in order to get ESO launched through Steam?

If those troubleshooting steps have not helped, you can proceed to opening a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Thanks for your answer. I've already solved the problem to day by reinstalling the game anew from Steam (after having deleted the folder in Library/Application Support, etc).

Please, would you explain to me what does it mean to own the game "both from Steam and Elder Scrolls Online website"? I purchased ESO from Steam, and usually start from Steam that allows me to login directly. I don't know really if I own the game from Elder Scrolls Online website too.
    Besides, the troubleshooting advices to substitute the folder in /Documents with that copied from the Library, but this amounts to put the full game file (70+ Gb) in the Documents. Is this what is really meant?

Again thank you