The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I think it's time ZOS started hiring volunteers that would police the game for RPs.

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Seriously, just seeing the [snip] minds and attitudes on the forums is making me sick to my stomach.

Why do people need to go around fixing their crappy IRL issues by ruining the game for harmless innocent bystanders enjoying their version of the game that is ROLEPLAYING . This is [snip] bonkers and totally beyond me.

ZOS should just start hiring Seers (a volunteer lesser GM, with lesser privileges) to police the game. I bet tons of people would love to do this for free.

Might as well take care of botters and cheaters too. And it would cost ZOS no extra money on payrolls.

[Edit for bait.]
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on March 26, 2020 7:20PM
  • Veuth
    Veuth
    ✭✭✭
    That would be the biggest waste of time ever, what about people in PvP who are toxic towards people? What about salty vets in dungeons who pick on the new players and kick them for being a low level? RPers aren't the only people who face any form of harassment on this game, [snip].

[Edit for bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on March 26, 2020 7:22PM
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet tons of people would love to do this for free too.

Yes and most of them will be total idiots hyped up on a power trip.

The game already has a reporting system.

be safe
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want salty, just play GTAV. This game is tame compared to that one.

And, I still love GTAV. Just saying.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK, LOTRO was the only MMO where they had mods specifically protecting RPers. I'm not sure if any MMO dev these days is able to maintain a volunteer workforce to police and protect a niche subset of the community.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering the types on people on this forum... no.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that people here get so offended by this simple and functional suggestion only confirms how [snip] often do people enjoy harassing Roleplayers.

Why would you care if you had nothing against Roleplayers in the first place?

There used to be games where such roles existed and it was totally fine. There still are a couple left that utilize this GM role.

I'm baffled how this topic creates offensive responses. [snip].

I guess people don't understand what it means to be a GM seer. You have no privileges besides suspending players that are purposely trolling, harassing or otherwise disrupting someone's game. These GMs are chosen based on simplified psycho-tests which can help determine one's personality. Such people are also bound by special rules and such people are REQUIRED TO ISSUE WARNING AND CHECK WITH THEIR SUPERIOR GMS, WHENEVER AN INCIDENT OCCURS.

Such volunteer GMs also risk their player accounts and IP by signing up. And are to make mandatory logs.

You all just see it negative without even stopping for a second to think about the subject, let alone Google it.
    Quoted post has been removed.

No, this is the first time I'm actually discussing RP at all, on the forums... AND against my better judgment. Guess I was way too hopeful of this community.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on March 26, 2020 7:34PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Please get more people in the game to solve the RP harassment issues... and if those volunteers have a few minutes of extra time after that maybe a couple of them can take a look at cheaters and bots if the RP'ers are all cool with it."
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont see any threads with normal players raging at rpers, but i do see 3 threads on the front page with rpers raging and threatening normal players for non-reportable actions.

[snip]

[Edit for bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on March 26, 2020 7:38PM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Please get more people in the game to solve the RP harassment issues... and if those volunteers have a few minutes of extra time after that maybe a couple of them can take a look at cheaters and bots if the RP'ers are all cool with it."

Almost... It should be even on both sides. And shouldn't only apply to Roleplayers in fact. One can harass a regular player just as easily.
    Edited by Nyladreas on March 26, 2020 6:16PM
  • Veuth
    Veuth
    ✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    The fact that people here get so offended by this simple and functional suggestion only confirms how [snip] often do people enjoy harassing Roleplayers.

There used to be games where such roles existed and it was totally fine. There still are a couple left that utilize this GM role.

I'm baffled how this topic creates offensive responses. [snip].

I guess people don't understand what it means to be a GM seer. You have no privileges besides suspending players that are purposely trolling, harassing or otherwise disrupting someone's game. These GMs are chosen based on simplified psycho-tests which can help determine one's personality. Such people are also bound by special rules and such people are REQUIRED TO ISSUE WARNING AND CHECK WITH THEIR SUPERIOR GMS, WHENEVER AN INCIDENT OCCURS.

Such volunteer GMs also risk their player accounts and IP by signing up. And are to make mandatory logs.

You all just see it negative without even stopping for a second to think about the subject, let alone Google it.

Because this is such an unrealistic and delusional and out-of-this-dimension idea that wouldn't work in any game. You do realize people would start questioning why *ONLY* RPers get to have this feature and nobody else can? So then GM's would be placed all around Cyrodiil to temp-ban anyone being even remotely "toxic" in the chat. This would spiral out of control and people would be getting banned left and right even when they were perhaps joking or not intending harassment in the first place, or maybe they were just angry because PvP is COMPETITIVE and people don't like losing? ESO would be a gigantic mess if this was ever a thing.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on March 26, 2020 7:40PM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie, but if they offered a junior gm volunteer program, I'd put my hat in. But I'd like some form of compensation since I'd basically be working with less time playing.

I think 30 pieces of silver crown crates a month sounds fair.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    If someone throwing mudballs stops you from rping, you arent very good at rping.

You could always rp in cyrodil, where momentos are disabled.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Veuth wrote: »
    The fact that people here get so offended by this simple and functional suggestion only confirms how stupid often do people enjoy harassing Roleplayers.

I'm baffled how this topic creates offensive responses. Lol.

I guess people don't understand what it means to be a GM seer. You have no privileges besides suspending players that are purposely trolling, such people are chosen based on simplified psycho-tests which determine one's personality.

Such volunteer GMs also risk their player accounts and IP by signing up.

Because this is such an unrealistic and delusional and out-of-this-dimension idea that wouldn't work in any game. You do realize people would start questioning why *ONLY* RPers get to have this feature and nobody else can? So then GM's would be placed all around Cyrodiil to temp-ban anyone being even remotely "toxic" in the chat. This would spiral out of control and people would be getting banned left and right even when they were perhaps joking or not intending harassment in the first place, or maybe they were just angry because PvP is COMPETITIVE and people don't like losing? ESO would be a gigantic mess if this was ever a thing.

You do realize that there used to be and still are games where this works just fine?

You do realize that having such GM role has to follow some strict rules?

Do you also realize that any penalty or action would be reviewed by multiple senior GMs? And that these volunteers would risk their player accounts? Do you have any idea how this even works?
    Edited by Nyladreas on March 26, 2020 6:24PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost... It should be even on both sides. And shouldn't only apply to Roleplayers in fact. One can harass a regular player just as easily.

For sure. I'm harassed by pet sorcs and wardens constantly. Sometimes I wish ZOS would just remove twilight matriarchs and bears from the game completely. I'd be a happier person. However, if we had moderators in game that could remove afk pets from on top of quest givers and writ turn in boxes, it would help me personally. Do I think it will happen? Nope.

I think as far as harassment is concerned, it's relative to the player. Someone throws one mudball at me, I'm not overly concerned. Someone follows me around for 3 days straight mudballing me, I'd report that as harassment just out of the creep factor alone.

In a perfect world there would be loads of moderators in game to handle every type of issue, but I don't think it's feasible on the level proposed here. People can have biases and be manipulated/corrupted. You'd need a set of moderators to moderate the moderators. It would be a huge infrastructure to set in place and I could see it causing more problems than it solves.

Maybe something a bit simpler like making excessive mudball tossing a criminal offense in game and RP'ers would be encouraged to stay near guards inside buildings for RP safety reasons.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oddly ESO has GMs though we rarely see them and more importantly we rarely see any benefit from them. If they do not have them actively removing bots now I doubt they would have them to protect RPers.

BTW, I do agree that it is sad there are players who lead such a pathetic life they have nothing better to do than harass other players, not just RPers. Their lives are likely very pitiful.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

For sure. I'm harassed by pet sorcs and wardens constantly. Sometimes I wish ZOS would just remove twilight matriarchs and bears from the game completely. I'd be a happier person. However, if we had moderators in game that could remove afk pets from on top of quest givers and writ turn in boxes, it would help me personally. Do I think it will happen? Nope.

I think as far as harassment is concerned, it's relative to the player. Someone throws one mudball at me, I'm not overly concerned. Someone follows me around for 3 days straight mudballing me, I'd report that as harassment just out of the creep factor alone.

In a perfect world there would be loads of moderators in game to handle every type of issue, but I don't think it's feasible on the level proposed here. People can have biases and be manipulated/corrupted. You'd need a set of moderators to moderate the moderators. It would be a huge infrastructure to set in place and I could see it causing more problems than it solves.

Maybe something a bit simpler like making excessive mudball tossing a criminal offense in game and RP'ers would be encouraged to stay near guards inside buildings for RP safety reasons.

Police GMs do not act upon reports ONLY. they observe the player, sometimes even for days. They carefully pick out who gets punished or not. People that do this kind of "work" don't just ban cause someone went and threw one mudball at a Roleplayer. Or sent a random heated hate tell after a PvP fight. They don't just ban people for random incidents without any thoughts or sense of reason.

Jesus Christ... Has noone ever played Ultima Online or something... They had an entire group of GMs just acting like police and it was a beautiful MMO. All until Electronic Arts bought it.
    Edited by Nyladreas on March 26, 2020 6:31PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiring volunteers? Which is it?

If you want ZOS to hire more employees to police the game by running around looking for people breaking the ToS, I guess that is a suggestion.

If you want ZOS to find volunteers, not employees, to police the game by running around looking for people breaking the ToS, then I would prefer this not happen. I don't want volunteers, or players, or other people not employed by ZOS, whether they are policed and managed by ZOS or not, to make ToS decisions.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but no, because there are so many whatmans here. First you need to get rid of templates.
    That would be the biggest waste of time ever, what about people in PvP who are toxic towards people? What about salty vets in dungeons who pick on the new players and kick them for being a low level? RPers aren't the only people who face any form of harassment on this game, quit being selfish.

and this ^
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on March 26, 2020 6:34PM
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, just seeing the crappy and toxic minds and attitudes on the forums is making me sick to my stomach.

Why do people need to go around fixing their crappy IRL issues by ruining the game for harmless innocent bystanders enjoying their version of the game that is ROLEPLAYING . This is F-ing bonkers and totally beyond me.

ZOS should just start hiring Seers (a volunteer lesser GM, with lesser privileges) to police the game. I bet tons of people would love to do this for free.

Might as well take care of botters and cheaters too. And it would cost ZOS no extra money on payrolls.

We moved all RP into instanced RP. Never go outside due to that. Use housing if it is that bad.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, just seeing the crappy and toxic minds and attitudes on the forums is making me sick to my stomach.

Why do people need to go around fixing their crappy IRL issues by ruining the game for harmless innocent bystanders enjoying their version of the game that is ROLEPLAYING . This is F-ing bonkers and totally beyond me.

We moved all RP into instanced RP. Never go outside due to that. Use housing if it is that bad.

That totally ruins the fun though. There's nothing more beautiful than running into random people and joining in. Ah well...
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭

That totally ruins the fun though. There's nothing more beautiful than running into random people and joining in. Ah well...

I'm interested in a question. Do you have any interesting ideas for punishing people who sit on you? :D:D
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@zergbase_ESO

Just a little history of the game in regards to what you stated here.

Well before launch, Zos courted RPers by saying they would have a means to "flag" themselves for RP. It was also mentioned the same system would be used for other interests by the focused selling point was to attract the lucrative RP player base.

This system was intended to place like-minded players in the same instance but not have a dedicated instance for any interest.

Shortly before launch, Zos balked at their own proposal. It was probably due to server load or other challenges. They said they would find other means to help the RP community but never followed through.

The point is, if they could not do it as a non-dedicated means they certainly cannot do it with the absolute dedication you are suggesting.

Not knocking the though. Just explaining the history that shows how unlikely it would be.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Giving administrative roles to players is pretty much the worst thing you can do for an online game. Active players will never be objective and with unpaid administration work you are mostly attracting psychopaths with a power complex anyway. It is the gaming equivalent to hiring criminals as police officers.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭
    If it's that bothersome why not roleplay in your houses? You can create pretty much any scene to fit your needs in there and randoms cannot come in and bother you.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

@zergbase_ESO

Just a little history of the game in regards to what you stated here.

Well before launch, Zos courted RPers by saying they would have a means to "flag" themselves for RP. It was also mentioned the same system would be used for other interests by the focused selling point was to attract the lucrative RP player base.

This system was intended to place like-minded players in the same instance but not have a dedicated instance for any interest.

Shortly before launch, Zos balked at their own proposal. It was probably due to server load or other challenges. They said they would find other means to help the RP community but never followed through.

The point is, if they could not do it as a non-dedicated means they certainly cannot do it with the absolute dedication you are suggesting.

Not knocking the though. Just explaining the history that shows how unlikely it would be.

It would've been the greatest solution to everyone's problem with RP honestly. What a shame.

• ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing some not so constructive posts, as well as a few for baiting, we would like to ask that all be kept civil, constructive, and within the guidelines of the rules we have in place. If there may be any questions in regards to those rules, please feel free to take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MaskedHuman
    MaskedHuman
    ✭✭✭
    I have nothing against roleplayers, but posting on forums will only make things worse for you
    best advice is to just not give a reaction, people troll just so you can do the exact same thing you're doing now.
    EP MagDK - Former emperor, Magplar - The Flawless Conqueror, StamDK - The merciless, Stamden - The merciless, MagNB, The merciless.
    DC MagDK (Main) The Flawless Conquerer, StamDK - The Flawless Conqueror, Stamden - Former emperor, Stamsorc - The merciless, Stamblade - The merciless, StamDK - The merciless, Stamplar - The merciless, Stamnecro, The merciless.
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be the biggest waste of time ever, what about people in PvP who are toxic towards people? What about salty vets in dungeons who pick on the new players and kick them for being a low level? RPers aren't the only people who face any form of harassment on this game, [snip].

[Edit for bait.]

oh, snap! he's right you know! rp's arent the only ones
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be the case that reporting people for harassing RPers would get them banned in under 20 minutes. Not so much anymore.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS would give us the option to kill anyone, anytime, even in PvE land, then you can hire players to police it for you.

That would be the best ever
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
This discussion has been closed.