The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Pure Stamina Dragonknight or hybrid?

KestrelFive
Hello fellow ESOers,

So I traditionally stick to the class concepts of having separate characters for magicka and stamina classes, for example, I have a magSorc and a separate character for Stamina Sorc. My first ever character is a stamina DK who I love, and I have been slowly leveling a magickaDK on the side. However, its taking a while....and recently I’ve seen some videos of hybrid DK’s using for example a 2H on front bar and Destro staff on back bar. Is this a viable/good setup, or should I stick with having separate DKs in the long run? Welcome your thoughts!
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use dark elf so u can respec to either.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mdk uses 2H on damage bar and Destro on back. The passives and the look of the 2H win for me in my PvP build.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those are not hybrid, they are magicka DKs. Using a 2H sword gives you a 6% damage bonus and you can also make use of the other passives and get back stamina from heavy attacks as well. Using Onlsaught on magicka classes is also a valid option, although it does physical damage it still scales off your highest stats, but you apply complete debuff to both physical and spell resistance. And about leveling, a double XP event is starting today, and probably another one basically back to back the week after.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • KestrelFive
    Thank you foe the replies! I will definitely keep leveling my mDK! I’ve leveled a few characters to 50 but it was always the “slow” method - running thru the faction/main quests + dungeon finder. Do you have any tips on faster leveling? (aside from paying, I’m rather poor in eso).
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you foe the replies! I will definitely keep leveling my mDK! I’ve leveled a few characters to 50 but it was always the “slow” method - running thru the faction/main quests + dungeon finder. Do you have any tips on faster leveling? (aside from paying, I’m rather poor in eso).

While doing quests what I have done in the past is I’ll do whatever Mages and Fighters Guild quest the character is on, but I won’t turn them in. After doing those two (but again, not turning them in), I’ll do a main quest, popping a big XP scroll from daily rewards right before turning it in. Then I’ll go back and turn in the guild quests. This works especially well for the two times during the main quest when you can actually squeeze two in pretty quickly (the part where you have to find and talk to a certain projection then go to the castle for a rescue and the part where you go collect an important item and then have a chat with your allies; sorry for being vague, trying not to be spoilery).
    I’m sure there are more efficient ways to level, but if you want to level while questing, it might be helpful.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Do the daily dungeons and BGs. At level 10 or so start the psijiic quest line and collect skyshards, it’s less annoying to do if you’re getting xp for doing it.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten