The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My Weapon Concept - Grimoire

Sayaka
Sayaka
Hello. I've made a concept weapon myself :). I dont know if this is the right place to post, sorry if wrong! Many will dislike and disagree with this weapon, but i wanted to bring something to the table no other weapons/classes mainly bring. Damage Shields and Supporting (Supporting =/= Healing. Keep this in mind). I tried to add unique stuff other weapons dont have or have but meant as a side bonus. The abilities ofcourse dont have a specific number on damage/healing/etc, but i will give you a hint on how i imagined it could work.

This weapon has relatively low dps outcome, almost at the same level with a restoration staff. Maybe a little higher or lower, but Grimoire is not anywhere near a destruction staff's, bows, two-handeds and dual wields dps outcome. I will list an "Ability Notes" part at the bottom, giving more details of the abilities and how they are used.

Light Attacks: I imagined these would be like any other staff Light attack, shooting a blue/purple orb.

Heavy Attacks: I imagined this to be a channeled blue/purple beam, like Restoration Staff/Lightning Staff Heavy attack.

Grimoire Abilities

-Level 1: Arcane Strafe | 2900 Magicka (/Stamina) | 28 Meter Range.
Cast arcane arrows and shoot them towards your enemy dealing x damage. (This ability makes 1 arcane arrow and 2 smaller ones, attacking the target 3 times rapidly. Each arrow deals lesser damage. The first, bigger arrow deals the most and the last smaller arrow deals the least damage.)
+Morph, Arcane Missile: Enemies around your target now also get damaged 75% of the damage dealt to the main target. The radius is 8m.
+Morph, Blind Strafe: Arcane Strafe now becomes guided. The arrows chase down the enemy with the least health in their range (28m radius).

-Level 4: Protection Glyph | 3000 Magicka (/Stamina) | 28 Meter Range.
Form a protective shield around your ally, giving them a damage shield that absorbs x damage. Lasts 4 seconds.
+Morph, Glyph Of Warding: If the shield is broken before it ends, the ally gains Major Protection for the rest of the shields duration. (Like, if the shield only lasted 2 seconds and then got broken, the ally gains Major Protection for 2 seconds.)
+Morph, Glyph Of Helping: A shielded ally can shield other allies by interacting with them, either by an ability or activating thier synergy.

-Level 14: Ancient Call | 4000 Magicka (/Stamina)
Perform an ancient ritual to call Ancestor Moths for help. Ancestor Moths deal x damage to the enemy you are attacking. Ancestor Moths apply Minor Lifesteal, Magickasteal and Staminasteal to the enemy they attack.
+Morph, Call Of Ruins: Increase Moths damage by x. (The increase is something around 10%)
+Morph, Call Of Earth: Increase Moths health by x. (The increase is something around 10%)

-Level 20: Empowering Glyph | 3500 Magicka (/Stamina) | 10 Seconds Duration | 28 Meter Range.
Enchant your ally's soul, granting them Major Berserk for 10 seconds. Empowered allies also restore more resource on their heavy attacks (or light attacks with the new update?).
+Morph, Inspiring Glyph: Empowered allies also gain Minor Courage.
+Morph, Confidence Glyph: Empowered allies also gain Minor Protection.

-Level 38: Channeling Protection | 500 Magicka per second (/500 Stamina per second) | 28 Meter Range.
Channel with your ally according to the chants in your grimoire, applying them a shield that absorbs x damage every second. The shields do not stack but refresh every second. You get 70% reduced movement speed during channeling. Allies 15m near your target ally also are channeled, gaining shields every second.
+Morph, Bond Of Renewal: Everytime one of your shield is broken, you restore 200 magicka or stamina, whichever maximum is higher.
+Morph, Everlasting Protection: If the channeling ended, or broken, your last shield applied is stronger (around 30%) and lasts 4 more seconds.

-Level 12/Ultimate: Dispel | 250 Ultimate | 8 Meters Radius
Chant forbidden words from your grimoire, creating a ground that denies every AoE, and cleanses 1 debuff from allies every second.
+Morph, Distillation: The area now also clears 1 buff from enemies inside.
+Morph, Collapse: The area now transfers 1 debuff from an ally to a random enemy inside the area. If there is no enemies, the area will simply cleanse the debuff.

Grimoire Passives

-Level 5: Star Walker
Reduce the cost of your Grimoire abilities by 7%.
+Star Walker Rank 2: Reduce the cost of your Grimoire abilities by 15%.

-Level 10: Extraterrestrial Mind
Full heavy attacks now apply a damage shield to you, or an ally that is equal to 25% of the damage done.
+Extraterrestrial Mind Rank 2: Convert Magicka costing and scaling abilities into Stamina costing and scaling. Magic Damage is converted to Physical Damage.

-Level 17: Altruism
Increase the effectiveness (and cap, if has) of your damage shields by 10%. (Only on Grimoire Abilities)
+Altruism Rank 2: Increase the effectiveness (and cap, if has) of your damage shields by 20%. (Only on Grimoire Abilities)

-Level 30: Mind Surge
Every time you cast a grimoire ability, you have a 50% chance to activate Mind Surge, which grants Minor Courage to you and your allies around you. (28 Meter Radius range)
+Mind Surge Rank 2: Casting a grimoire ability now always activates Mind Surge.

-Level 41: Oracle
If you have Ancient Call active and your health reaches 0, Ancestor Moths die in your stead and you fall, get all negative status effects removed and regenerate 2% health over 10 seconds. This can happen every 4 minutes.
+Oracle Rank 2: You now recover 3% health over 10 seconds, and this can happen every 3 minutes.

Ability/Passive Notes

-Generally, the shields are nothing that op. It should be a tiny amount stronger than Steadfast Ward but without the "more shields if more damaged" scale.

-Different shield sources stack, meaning that Extraterrestrial Mind shield and Protection Glyph, Channeling Protection and other shield sources like Steadfast Ward, Obsidian Shield etc stack together. But you cannot stack same source for ex Protection Glyph, it will only refresh the shield.

-The shields are scaling with Magicka (or Stamina with Extraterrestrial Mind Rank 2)

-Arcane Strafe is supposed to be a burst damage ability. Something similar to Snipe and Crystal Shard.

-Protection Glyph is casted like casting a single target damage ability. It will be active when your crosshair is around an ally, it wont when no ally is around the crosshair.

-Ancient Call doesnt need any explanation, but it could be nerfed or changed completely.

-Empowering Glyph is casted like how Protection Glyph is casted.

-I have nothing to add on Channeling Protection and Dispel.

-I dont have anything to add on passives too.

Feel free to nerf it and add your own thoughts!