The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What weapon on what bar

madman65
madman65
✭✭✭✭
Making a hybrid and was thinking of bow on the back for AOE and staff on the front for direct. Don`t ask what set because it`s testing, just a trash set. Just not sure about the the weapons, Thanks.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For Hybrid go 2H Sword front bar, Destro staff back bar. It all depends on class really, but having a 2H sword buffs all your damage by 6%. You can also use 2 x 1H swords for the same effect.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mad man...

Tbh hybrid is sub optimal as is, and since it is for fun, i see no reason to dwell on weapons more than what you feel like (even though i would probably go staff backbar + 2h front bar)
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the clarity. The placement for the weapons was my only confusion, wish me fun for this is just for testing and getting some ideas.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is for PVE, you typically want either or a staff or a bow on back bar so that Endless Hail or Wall of Elements will proc your back bar weapon enchant (Infused Berserker). If you go with staff + bow then I’m not sure it matters which one ends up on each bar. You should probably run both Wall and Hail, and both your weapon enchants will proc on cooldown.

What spammable are you planning to use? If you want Snipe you need the bow on front, or for Force Pulse or Crushing Shock you would need the staff front bar.
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    I put it together and it was messy, Got some good sustain on resources but the Spell damage and the weapon damage was terrible. Tried to get as much Critical to both sides of the weapons but then hardly no damage, tried visa versa and still the same problem. So I gave up, I was using a DK because of the good results from Magicka and Stamina. Oh well, thx for the help
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, hybrids are not very viable. You can partially mitigate those issues by using sets like Mechanical Acuity (for Weapon and Spell Crit) and New Moon Acolyte (for Weapon and Spell Damage), but you’ll still have to commit to 5 pieces of either Light or medium armor, and CPs get spread thin to cover all damage types.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To maximise dmg of a hybrid build try pelinals, medium armor and focus on stacking weapon dmg.

It should be possible to reach at least 25-30k dps (self buffed/"normal" dummy) with such builds if you are good at pve rotations. Far from optimal but good enough for all normal and most vet (non hm) content.
    Edited by Rianai on March 27, 2020 10:59AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    To maximise dmg of a hybrid build try pelinals, medium armor and focus on stacking weapon dmg.

It should be possible to reach at least 25-30k dps (self buffed/"normal" dummy) with such builds if you are good at pve rotations. Far from optimal but good enough for all normal and most vet (non hm) content.

You can also do the same thing as mag. Combine it with bright throat and use all mag abilities plus Vigor.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no point in running bright-throat or stacking max mag on a hybrid build.
    Edited by Rianai on March 27, 2020 10:39PM