The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battle efficiency and weaving mechanics question.

Everest_Lionheart
Everest_Lionheart
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a question, maybe you can help me with it seeing how it may relate to weaving and battle efficiency. I am still a noob to this game and play pretty much only solo right now but have noticed that sometimes I kill the same enemies much more efficiently than other times. Would this be related to crits or is it a possible input issue?

I’m admittedly not good at bar switching yet so I stick to mainly 1 bar or the other when I’m playing. Anyway I feel like I am furiously button mashing at times. I’m on XB1 so with the standard controller I can get 4 button in per second. Basically I do HA-skill1-LA-skill2-LA-skill3-LA-skill4 to open every fight, that’s about 2-2.5 seconds for essentially 8 clicks. My 5th skill is a heal (warden class) for when I need it and would sub in place of my 4th atk skill.

I dodge, block or bash as needed and keep in constant motion forward/back side/side or strafe depending on environment. Also I know I open with HA so the initial timing is a bit slower but I basically alternate LA-Skill the rest of the way.

Now sometimes I see a skill won’t always cast, is that because I’m mashing too fast. Usually it’s my animal summon skills which appear to have a slight delay to them. Would slowing down the buttons while throwing a block after a skill help my overall efficiency like say LA-skill-block every second instead of all offensive all the time? Or stick to what I’m doing but slow down the rhythm slightly?

Trying to learn something here so any criticism or tips would be appreciated.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally you can cast a skill (non cast time) every 1 second. If you are mushing buttons faster than that, you get no skill out.

But please remember we are at difficult times of horrible performance, skills not firing is sometimes on the server side.