Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best gear for glass cannon stamden?

Casul
Casul
✭✭✭✭✭
So I'm currently running spriggans, balorgh, new moon. 7 divines lover mundus with dual sharpened maces. I'm sadly disappointed with the damage. I've taken 11k onslaughts but can't break 10k with my dawnbreaker. Would I be better off running clever alchemist instead of spriggans and run a nirnhoned sword with onslaught. I don't care about defense I just wanna melt people. This is for no CP.
PvP needs more love.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the absolute highest Onslaught you can hit without building up Fury stacks would be Balorgh + NMA + Clever Alchemist + Master's Bow with Infused Damage glyph, Nirnhoned Greatsword with Oblivion / Poison / Disease glyph, Warrior sign. Personally I don't care to invest solely into Onslaught, and prefer a Maul for stronger D Swings and Executioner. However Spriggans vs Clever Alchemist is probably close to a wash for D Swing and Executioner.

On any build using Onslaught (or Corrosive on DKs), one has to make a choice between Penetration and Damage - going all in on the Ultimate or spreading your damage a bit more towards spammables. Some middle point is probably optimal. You can't keep Onslaught's or Corrosive's debuff up that much without investment into Ult Gen, in which case you can't run 3 damage sets.

That being said, in 7 Divines you probably don't have much time to stand around and spam D Swing, so if hit and run is what you prefer, I'd go all in on Onslaught with Clever Alchemist and Master's Bow backbar.

Edited by Urzigurumash on March 25, 2020 4:44AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanna do enough damage to wipe a group if they are preoccupied. Onslaught seemed like the best option besides dawnbreaker. But DW just isn't doing enough damage.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, if that's the goal, I might take a look at Merciless Charge, the VMA 2h set, instead of Master's bow, still using an infused Weapon Damage glyph. Stampede in on the group, pop a potion, swap to your Nirnhoned NMA Greatsword and Onslaught them. It might be easier to just use Sword-Singer instead of Clever Alchemist. You won't have much time to pop a potion and Onslaught before you're dead in 7 Divines. In fact as we see Titanborn increase in popularity, a low-health pre-occupied group may be a harder target than you are accustomed to.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, if that's the goal, I might take a look at Merciless Charge, the VMA 2h set, instead of Master's bow, still using an infused Weapon Damage glyph. Stampede in on the group, pop a potion, swap to your Nirnhoned NMA Greatsword and Onslaught them. It might be easier to just use Sword-Singer instead of Clever Alchemist. You won't have much time to pop a potion and Onslaught before you're dead in 7 Divines. In fact as we see Titanborn increase in popularity, a low-health pre-occupied group may be a harder target than you are accustomed to.

Hm I never considered sword singer. Only thing that worries me is it not adding to subterranean assaults damage.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    Hm I never considered sword singer. Only thing that worries me is it not adding to subterranean assaults damage.

Definitely an issue. If you're not using Sub Assault, why be a StamDen? On top of that, frankly, Balorgh + NMA + Sword-Singer give you a terrible stat spread outside of doing damage. I definitely prefer the 2 lines of Health from Clever Alchemist, but I don't hit and run.

• Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »

Definitely an issue. If you're not using Sub Assault, why be a StamDen? On top of that, frankly, Balorgh + NMA + Sword-Singer give you a terrible stat spread outside of doing damage. I definitely prefer the 2 lines of Health from Clever Alchemist, but I don't hit and run.

I think I'm going to try out velidreth, clever alchemist, NMA. I'm mainly doing battlegrounds so tagging 2-3 targets is my goal. I'll swap to balorgh for larger groups.
    PvP needs more love.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow i cant imagine went full divine, even worse it's in no cp. nma spriggan troll king/bs 5medium 2 heavy full impen are the miminal *** i have to wear in pc eu.
    yeah if tou want full smack go nma, clever alche, balrogh, master bow.
    i cant believe you play with that.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    wow i cant imagine went full divine, even worse it's in no cp. nma spriggan troll king/bs 5medium 2 heavy full impen are the miminal *** i have to wear in pc eu.

It is hard to believe OP has any success in 7 divines engaging in melee, however, if you happen to go against teams of mostly low-crit classes (DKs and Wardens) it might work out, compared to going against high-crit classes (Sorcs, NBs, Necros).
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »

It is hard to believe OP has any success in 7 divines engaging in melee, however, if you happen to go against teams of mostly low-crit classes (DKs and Wardens) it might work out, compared to going against high-crit classes (Sorcs, NBs, Necros).

It's not that hard, just wait till people are preoccupied and pop in with the standard combo. Heck in ravenwatch I even bombed a few rams by just preparing sub assault behind the gate, going through, and opening with a strong dawnbreaker. Works best when they don't realize anyone is defending so they let their guard down.

I would agree in battlegrounds though as everyone is always on guard.
    PvP needs more love.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Mundus are you running? Shadow with minor force will give you hella wompy crits, especially in no-CP. I run high crit damage with only ~35% critical chance in battlegrounds on burst builds
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Mundus are you running? Shadow with minor force will give you hella wompy crits, especially in no-CP. I run high crit damage with only ~35% critical chance in battlegrounds on burst builds

I was using lover for the 4k pen.
    PvP needs more love.