The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

'Broken Promises' and 'In the Name of the King' Quests broken (Orsinium - Xbox NA)

Hyper445
Hyper445
Soul Shriven
Hello.
I have been having an issue with the In the Name of the King quest in the Orsinium DLC. At the Morkul Stronghold in Wrothgar, there is a large, impenetrable invisible barrier encompassing the entrances to both of the main buildings (the one building with the daily writ, and the other where the chief is located). This invisible wall prevents me from entering the building and talking to the chief of the clan so that I may continue the questline. This issue has been identified and reportedly fixed on the PC but the issue is definitely still present on the Xbox One. I also
determined that I would be the chief of the Shatul Clan in their questline, and the marker to talk to their chief still shows up. Obviously I can't talk to the chief since it is me, but the task does not appear in the quest tracker so it may not be an issue.

The other quest, Broken Promises, seems to be broken for me as well. I am on the step to talk to Sergeant Oufa, but she is simply not there. I don't know where she is, but the marker is where she should be (according to a picture of her that I found online) but she is not present.

Please let me know if there is any way around either of these issues and/or if they will be fixed soon because I can't finish the Orsinium DLC otherwise!
  • Hu-Rikan
    Hu-Rikan
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue here as far as Morkul, havent checked the rest, started a new Orc character and went str8 to Wrothgar and encountered this, smh
  • Steal187um
    Steal187um
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, Xbox EU. An invisible wall making Clan Chief Morkuls house unreachable from all sides.
    Quest: In The Name of The king
    Place: Morkuls Stronghold
  • Hyper445
    Hyper445
    Soul Shriven
    The latest patch has fixed the invisible wall issue. The Broken Promises quest fixed itself the day after I posted this. You can finish the Orsinium DLC now!
  • Hu-Rikan
    Hu-Rikan
    ✭✭✭
    i encountered an invisible wall after the update in Fharun the quest was "blood and the sacred words" after coming out of an undercroft i was stuck in the room and had to fast travel out but besides that i was able to finish the dlc.
  • Hyper445
    Hyper445
    Soul Shriven
    Hu-Rikan wrote: »
    i encountered an invisible wall after the update in Fharun the quest was "blood and the sacred words" after coming out of an undercroft i was stuck in the room and had to fast travel out but besides that i was able to finish the dlc.

Shoot, yes! I forgot about this. In one of the buildings in Fharun Stronghold, there is a hatch to a (seemingly pointless and empty cellar) that you can barely access because there is an invisible wall preventing you from completely entering the room. If you enter the cellar and then come back out, you'll be trapped in that little room because the invisible wall is completely blocking the door. There was another building in there that had a corner that couldn't be reached because of an invisible wall, where one of the crates that you had to search through was located. That whole place was a mess.