The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka nightblade help

Lodus
Lodus
Soul Shriven
I have recently gotten into pvp and i'm having a hard time dealing enough dmg. Can anyone recommend some sets to try out? Currently running shackle 5 peice and bright throat 5 peice with bloodspawn. Playing battlegrounds mostly. im cp 640
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pick another class cuz magblade isn't very good.

This is my build:
    https://dottzgaming.com/build/shadow-walker-magicka-nightblade-pvp-build/
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    While magblade for PvP would be my main, I've been away from the game for a while so can't really offer and suggestions personally that wouldn't be out of date, however there is quite a long thread discussing magblade builds for PvP over in the PvP section which may be useful:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/488250/magblade-theorycrafting-changes-thread#latest

It has quite a bit of discussion on what sets etc people are currently finding useful in various environments, including battlegrounds.

Options
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    Lodus wrote: »
    I have recently gotten into pvp and i'm having a hard time dealing enough dmg. Can anyone recommend some sets to try out? Currently running shackle 5 peice and bright throat 5 peice with bloodspawn. Playing battlegrounds mostly. im cp 640

Best tip, just throw it in the bin for now
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NB can be tricky in pvp. There are some things to work on that really help though:
    - make sure you work on light attack weaving, it’s really important as a NB
    - make sure you heal yourself, if you aren’t max health press a heal
    - make sure you try and evade damage, you’ll get outbrawled by most classes
    - Hold onto your bow proc until you know it’ll land, the extra mitigation is better than just fluff damage outside a combo

That build that was linked is decent, your gear is okay too. I’d add radiating regen on top of healing ward though, healing ward won’t be enough healing alone in pvp unless you’re dueling. Use radiating regen like a buff and hit it every 10 seconds.

A lot of magblade builds are different because they’re catered to the player. How much sustain, health, etc... depends on what you prefer. Just do basics and you’ll do okay: heal when you need healing, damage with others, stick to your group, be a team player and you’ll be okay.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 25, 2020 12:12AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭

I use a high crit LA build, ranged -- a run and gun style -- that is a ripper. There are several variants but as long as you amp your LAs so you have damage stacking between bow shots you can really hurt people. It is not a dueling build though, lol. Like others have written, NBs tend to built for a purpose -- great specialization -- but not, ironically, the best generalist (e.g., templar or warden)

@Iskiab is spot on tho, it's a very personal class. I tend to play it much differently than say @NyassaV (who has great builds btw). Also check out @zDan -- fantastic play.

It's a class that has so much potential but is not well treated by the devs. Part of that reason is cloak (shadowy disguise)...people just assume that's a game changer and, frankly, the builds without it can be stronger than the builds with it.

Options
  • RiskyChalice863
    RiskyChalice863
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve recently been enjoying running Spinners + Caluurion’s on my Khajiit magblade in BGs. It hits very hard. For instance, my Assassin’s Will procs can fairly regularly hit people for like 10k damage on crits. And a combo of Concealed Weapon or Incap* out of stealth + Assassin’s Will + Caluurion’s proc is devastating.

It doesn’t have much staying power in a fight since the passive self-healing isn’t very high and it’s not very tanky, so I have to lean a lot on cloak and shadow image to stay alive, but I have found that I am actually able to survive that way.

I’m not sure what monster set to use with this. I’ve currently been kind of just trolling with Maw of the Infernal, which is fun but almost certainly not actually ideal. I think the monster set would come down to personal preference after some trial and error. Some sets I think would be viable on this are (in no particular order): Balorgh, Slimecraw, Bloodspawn, 1pc Lord Warden + 1pc Pirate Skeleton, Grundwulf, Molag Kena, Zaan, Troll King, and Earthgore. It would kind of come down to how you like to play. I prefer playing such a shifty cloak-centric style that I’m not sure the defensive or healing options are really worth it for me, and probably would prefer just stacking even more damage, but I’m still testing stuff.

One thing to note is that it’s probably best to only have Caluurion’s on your front bar. Even though the set is worded in a way that suggests this wouldn’t be the case, Caluurion’s procs on light/heavy attack crits, so it’s quite easy to waste a Caluurion’s proc outside of your burst while trying to build up to an Assassin’s Will proc. So you may want to have a resto staff that isn’t Caluurion’s (could be BRP resto, Maelstrom resto, Potentates, Willpower, etc), so that you can safely build up to Assassin’s Will without triggering the Caluurion’s proc. I currently am running Spinners weapons, and it’s still good, but I definitely could have more control over my burst if I farmed a Caluurion’s inferno staff.

* Obviously, Soul Harvest is better for a Magblade in CP, but I personally prefer Incapacitating Strike in no-CP right now, because of the potential for a stun (which opens up more potential burst combos) and the Reave passive.
    Options