The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PC How can i check my game is fully upto date?

mumbling-midget
mumbling-midget
✭✭✭
Ok so its probably (hopefully) an obvious question but im stuck.

I've had PC trouble this morning, which I've fixed. ~(probs with startup)

However now I've a different problem LOL My eso launcher loads fine but when I add my account details and hit enter i'm getting an error message ERROR 500 and it says my data version doesn't match the client version and asking me to check that my game is fully upto date.
How can I check this? (it was fine yesterday)

Thanks in advance :)

Best Answer

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - There is an option in the launcher to "repair" the game. It will scan all the game files (might take a while) and the re-download missing / corrupted / missing files.
    - Also, what you may try is to go to Documents -> Elder Scrolls Online folder and re-name it to something else (Example: Elder Scrolls Online backup) so the game launcher will re-crate it during 1st launch. This folder keeps all game settings so if some of them are corrupted - it will basically reset it to default settings.
    Answer ✓
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, restart your entire PC/Mac and try again. Sometimes that is all it takes.

Another possible issue is the internet cache and cookies. Sometimes they need to be cleared as they can impact more than just one's browser. It seems you may be having trouble seeing the ESO servers.

I only know where to find the current version of the launcher but that does not seem to be your issue. Just in case, click the cog symbol in the upper right-hand corner of the launcher, select "About". The Launcher Version will show then. It is 1.3.6.1952197

Hope that helps. Just in case it does not @ZOS_BillE may be able to provide more information. Also, create a ticket by clicking on the "support" icon in the upper right of your browser. I expect things are a little slower than normal given the current state of the world's affairs.
    Edited by idk on March 22, 2020 8:36AM
  • mumbling-midget
    mumbling-midget
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply =)
    Tried the above but still getting my error unfortunately
    Might it be better to just reinstall rather than waiting for a support ticket? Im sure the powers that be have their hands full (but hopefully washed) at the moment ;)
  • mumbling-midget
    mumbling-midget
    ✭✭✭
    ooo great thanks, will try your suggestions. *crosses fingers*
  • mumbling-midget
    mumbling-midget
    ✭✭✭
    You my friend are a star :smile:
    Cooking on gas lol

Forgot there were two cog symbols :blush: *slaps herself