The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The higher the MMR the more toxic the community?

rikimm16_ESO
rikimm16_ESO
✭✭✭
I've been playing BG a lot recently and everything has been pretty fun. The more I play, the tougher the fights I encounter (so I'm assuming my MMR is slowly increasing as I get better).

Now, In the past couple of days I've noticed a lot of other players T-bagging the fallen enemy (but mostly T-bagging me lol). Maybe is the class I play (stamplar)... because I also receive /whispers constantly that I'm a noob, that my class has no skill, that I'm a brain dead player, that I'm trash, and so on... specially when I'm doing really good in matches.

Is this the standard?

I know some may say it's a tactic from tryhards to get in the mind of the opponent to make them make mistakes, etc... so maybe is not toxicity but a fair tactic. Still... I never saw this type of behavior in the lower MMR brackets.

Edit typo: food = good / fixed
Edited by rikimm16_ESO on March 21, 2020 6:25PM
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The opposite, high mmr is usually chill it’s just more sweaty.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭

I have to agree with this. Ive found the higher the MMR the more you get to know the other higher MMR players as you play with and against them more often. I find a mutual respect then develops. Obviously this isn't the case with all players but the majority yes. All I do is mostly play BGs so I know all the regulars.

Ignore the toxic players. They are mostly just frustrated kids who want to 1v1 u on the meta setups. After a while they go away. Also take it as a compliment. The noticeable good players always get tbagged, comes with the territory 👍
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree with this, people are friendlier too. It’s like a tier things:

Beginners > try hard trashy types > chill people.

I think being in the try hard tier makes people think they have something to prove so are insecure? I’m not sure.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think thats just a medium good player thinking he was better then you, but lost. Yeah high mmr can be salty as well but at least its random now, so you cant blame it on premades anymore.
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think thats just a medium good player thinking he was better then you, but lost. Yeah high mmr can be salty as well but at least its random now, so you cant blame it on premades anymore.

I’m always surprised when I get tells from people. I think pvp draws some people who play angry and rage a lot, like Ill see people yell in group chat X class is stupid, or send me tell. I just try to ignore it.

It gets a little much though when you’re doing a BG and say hi at the start, and a NB goes ‘Go F yourself’. I mean, you already have to carry them, don’t make it harder on everyone else too.

I blame WoW, in earlier pvp games that were FFA pvp you’d have the nicest communities. It’s great how people act when they know there are possible repercussions, and if someone ticked off enough people they’d be spawn camped out of the game.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 22, 2020 12:48AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find myself getting angrier at my teammates than other teams' players. But I know I'm just frustrated so i keep it to my self. In general, Xbox NA is pretty chill.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”