Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of August 5:
· PC/Mac: No maintenance – August 5
· NA megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· EU megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/663391

ESO LUXURY FURNITURE VENDOR ITEMS – 2020/03/20

BenevolentBowd
BenevolentBowd
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What does the Luxury Furnisher offer this week?
The Luxury Furnisher Vendor (Zanil Theran) is located in Cicero’s Food & General Goods shop in the Hollow City, Coldharbour.
  1. Hew's Bane Merchant's Basket 2,500g
  2. Hew's Bane Lantern, 5,000g
  3. Redguard Vase, Golden 5,000g 
  4. Ra Gada Funerary Statue, Miniature Ibis 15,000g
  5. Hew's Bane Bed, Royal 20,000g
  6. Redguard Tent, Rounded Silk 100,000g
All 56 weeks of luxury items are on my ESO Calendar: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar/

Full history of luxury furnisher items: http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-chronicle-of-luxury-furnisher-vendor-items/
Edited by BenevolentBowd on March 21, 2020 12:04AM
Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
#TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0Xsmr9e.png
    iyvseMO.png
    9OC5L3D.png
    nFF5hqU.png
    d5nrndW.png
    wqcoHvl.png
    oU9Fgek.png
    Uq1d14v.png
    PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru.
    Houses: Erstwhile Sanctuary as actual Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, Hunter's Glade as werewolf tavern (downstairs), Strident Springs Demesne as adventurer's house.
    Wishlist: ascension to the ruby throne music box, atronach trader, aetherial well, attunable stations (have 14/80 sets collected), molten war torte and white gold war torte recipes.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oboy, I need the bed, the basket, the statue, and the lantern.... Thanks guys!
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh nice
    Options
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @BenevolentBowd for the post. :)

Wish ZOS would let us use AP for this vendor too.

The lanterns are nice and that statue, that was part of a previous pack.
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on March 21, 2020 12:53AM
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the frustrated Egyptologist still living inside me (for the last 50 years) REALLY needs a pair of the statues.....
    Options
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Yeah, the frustrated Egyptologist still living inside me (for the last 50 years) REALLY needs a pair of the statues.....

Hope you can get them @Sylvermynx :)

Your comments are always straight to the point and entertaining to read.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope you can get them @Sylvermynx :)

Your comments are always straight to the point and entertaining to read.

*blush* Well, thank you! That's maybe the nicest thing anyone's ever posted at me on the forum! Yep, I can get them. I'm not broke. I would have been had I bought four of the greenhouses.... or if I'd wanted four of the windmills (I didn't - because first I didn't have any idea what I'd do with them - unlike the greenhouses - and second, I read the posts and looked at the pics.... Research!!! Very important!)

And, right back atcha - I very much enjoy your posts. I know you're mostly pvp (and I'm anything but) however you do have a great way with words, and you're.... nice.
    Options
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another week, another novel way for ZOS to dissapoint and annoy us.

So much for any hopes for scaling function to be added to the game.

That "new" ibis statue is just a smaller version of the one already available. Textures and all.

Bc28IBI.png

It's like someone copied the asset, adjusted scale to .65 and called it a week.

Is next week gonna be Ra Gada Funerary Statue, Miniature Cat?

Then next year we'll no doubt get a miniature version of the Servant Statue and the Stone Cat the following week.

Planters! Planters for heaven's sake!! Give us Planters already!!! AND MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS!!!!!!! I want a harp! Preferably both versions!!

Look, for those who are happy with this thing, good for you. But the truth is, that the Ibis thing has been available for years now. A non-crown version is fine on its own, but not when it takes up the one and only weekly slot from something that is actually new. And that is the problem here. What next? A slightly smaller version for all the stuff that is Crowns only? I hope not.

The problem here is releasing yet another copy of an already existing piece, when there is such a huge amount of frequently asked for things, for which assets exist in the game, that ZOS just doesn't seem to bother releasing. Like the aforementioned planters. Just go look up any of the many threads about housing wish lists and you will see dozens and dozens of things that have assets available, but which are not available as furnishings.

So yes, while a smaller Ibis is nice and all, and I bought one already and will prolly buy a few more since it's almost sensible priced (and just made 400k from guild sales so have gold to burn), that does not mean that I won't call out ZOS on the real issue here. And that is the aggravatingly stingy approach they have adopted to releasing actually new content for housing.
    Edited by Hymzir on March 21, 2020 3:18AM
    Options
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the lamps are really nice, my favourites. They beat the expensive (iridium plating) craftable elsweyr lamps, too.

Rarely found the one or other in guildstores before, but not enough, so I am glad that this time I could buy a large amount.

Bright, warm colour, but not too bright (some light sources in Eso are overbright with a strange corona, like the redguard fire pit).
    Edited by markulrich1966 on March 21, 2020 5:38AM
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unlike some previous weeks, these mainly look good.

And I should know that because I purchased all of them last year. And I’ve got the big ibis statue. So, nice as they are, I’m not buying them again. So that’s yet another week ‘luxury’ elf doesn’t get any of my money.

I would like ‘luxury’ furniture elf to provide all new stuff each week and for the old stuff to be made available to buy with gold in game a short period later. There are so many items out there that aren’t available, it’s a shame he can’t be arsed to do more to widen his stock.

This meagre dripping of ‘new’ items one at a time is most vexatious
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm screwed, because I have hardly got any gold, again. xD

Is that the same Ibis as the one from the Crown Store/furnishing pack, just slightly smaller?

Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the lamps are really nice, my favourites. They beat the expensive (iridium plating) craftable elsweyr lamps, too.

Rarely found the one or other in guildstores before, but not enough, so I am glad that this time I could buy a large amount.

Bright, warm colour, but not too bright (some light sources in Eso are overbright with a strange corona, like the redguard fire pit).

Yeah, they are nice.

Would prefer it if they didn't have the thin, metal handle, as that makes them look a bit utilitarian, but other than that, very nice.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »

That "new" ibis statue is just a smaller version of the one already available. Textures and all.

Bc28IBI.png

Then next year we'll no doubt get a miniature version of the Servant Statue and the Stone Cat the following week.

Planters! Planters for heaven's sake!! Give us Planters already!!! AND MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS!!!!!!! I want a harp! Preferably both versions!!

Look, for those who are happy with this thing, good for you. But the truth is, that the Ibis thing has been available for years now. A non-crown version is fine on its own, but not when it takes up the one and only weekly slot from something that is actually new. And that is the problem here. What next? A slightly smaller version for all the stuff that is Crowns only? I hope not.

The problem here is releasing yet another copy of an already existing piece, when there is such a huge amount of frequently asked for things, for which assets exist in the game, that ZOS just doesn't seem to bother releasing. Like the aforementioned planters. Just go look up any of the many threads about housing wish lists and you will see dozens and dozens of things that have assets available, but which are not available as furnishings.

So yes, while a smaller Ibis is nice and all, and I bought one already and will prolly buy a few more since it's almost sensible priced (and just made 400k from guild sales so have gold to burn), that does not mean that I won't call out ZOS on the real issue here. And that is the aggravatingly stingy approach they have adopted to releasing actually new content for housing.

Yeah, I know, I also want planters and musical instruments (and bonsai trees in shallow pots!), but I have to say I am still happy with these smaller statuettes, especially if they also do a cat.

The larger Ibises are nice, but they are too big to put on a surface, in a normal sized house.

You have to put them on the floor for them to look right.

So, these are a nice (if not an original) addition.

Options
  • Teneriel
    Teneriel
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! This is one of my favorite weeks. And if there was ever a time to cut the developers some slack in adding new stuff, this would be it. I am really happy to see the lamps and the baskets back.
    Options
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bc28IBI.png

donttalktome.jpg
    PC EU
    Options
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lovely items this week, will be getting all of them :)
    that's what you call luxury, keep it up zos!

thanks for posting guys! :)
    Edited by snoozy on March 21, 2020 9:40AM
    PC EU
    Options
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i also wanted to be an egyptologist since i was a kid! :) glad to hear i'm not alone!
    PC EU
    Options
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Bc28IBI.png

Yeah, I know, I also want planters and musical instruments (and bonsai trees in shallow pots!), but I have to say I am still happy with these smaller statuettes, especially if they also do a cat.

The larger Ibises are nice, but they are too big to put on a surface, in a normal sized house.

You have to put them on the floor for them to look right.

So, these are a nice (if not an original) addition.

Yeah, I do sortta agree with you, but then again not. Not really. Sort of anyway.

They are nice, and I can think of uses for them, and they will fit tables and altars and such much better (I use the larger ones as pond ornaments.), but still... It's just so frustrating to see rescaled stuff as the "new" thing. Sigh. If they had released smaller versions for all four Ra Gada Funerary statues this week, I think I'd be fine with that. I wouldn't be thrilled about them, but I would be fine, since that would be that and they all would be done with. I'd buy some and look forward to seeing what next week would bring along.

But now, the terrifying notion arises in my mind, that next week it's gonna be another miniature statue. And then in 2021 we'll get the third and fourth, and mabye in 2022 we'll see somethign actually new in these weeks slots. Or who knows, maybe next week will be somethin different and this week's slot is gonna be funeraray statues until 2025. That is a disheartening thought and I hope I'm wrong with this premonition.

And as nice as having the option for smaller version is, I'd much rather have a scaling function.
    Edited by Hymzir on March 21, 2020 3:46PM
    Options