The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best houses under 4.5k crowns?

DraggOOn_021
Im trying to buy a house but I wanna know the best house before I pay.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are lots of houses you can buy for Gold. Save the crowns for furniture.

Mournoth Manor is my favorite house.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best is subjective, it depends on what's important to you.

Do you want to be near a city? Any city, or does it need to have specific things? Do you want to be near a wayshrine? Does it matter what part of the world it's in? What about the style, are there racial styles you like more than others? Do you want lots of open space or something small and easy to decorate? Do you want outside space as well as inside?

Would it bother you if the inside of the building doesn't actually match the outside? (A lot are like this, everything from windows which are in different places or different shapes to entire rooms and floors which don't exist inside the building.)

If you just want a cheap house as a quick teleport to a city, but bigger than the inn rooms, then the Sisters of the Sands apartment in Sentinel or Flaming Nix Deluxe Garret in Mournhold are the cheapest options. There's also Humblemud in Bal Foyen (it's a small town but it has all the basic services) which has the advantage of being a slightly bigger house with a courtyard or Snugpod in Elden Root. It's more expensive but a lot of people like Sleek Creek House in Rawl'kha is also a popular choice for the location.

For decorating Bouldertree Refuge, Domus Phrasticus, Exorcised Coven Cottage, Lucky Cat Landing, Mournoth Keep, Sleek Creek House, Twin Arches, Humblemud, and Autumn's-Gate are all popular choices but it depends on the style you like and what other factors are important to you.

I strongly recommend previewing different houses to see how they look, what kind of space you've got and where in the world they are and then choosing the one you like best rather than relying on whatever happens to be popular among the sub-set of players who reply to this.
    Edited by Danikat on March 21, 2020 5:32PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mara's Kiss, Rosy Lion, and Ebony Flask.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve had Twin Arches as my primary for years ...

Usr1NI0.png
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got Domus Phrasticus today, (cause I'ma house hoarder) paid gold though, 295k g or 4k crowns. Love the little nooks, and the stable/shack in the back, having a blast decorating it with the leftovers from my primary :D
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Sleek Creek house near Rawl’kha is a nice Medium house that goes for 335,000 gold, (or 4,500 crowns). It's big enough to decorate nicely and close to Rawl’kha so you have quick access to all crafting, banking, etc services.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sleek Creek house near Rawl’kha is a nice Medium house that goes for 335,000 gold, (or 4,500 crowns). It's big enough to decorate nicely and close to Rawl’kha so you have quick access to all crafting, banking, etc services.

entrance is 2 steps from thieves guild backdoor,port there and you can safe open the door and instantly go to cave
    no guards around
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• DraggOOn_021
    Thank you everyone for the replies! What I care about the most is having a nice,beautiful view while also having space and/or that dark feeling that makes you feel powerful. I want secluded but not too far away from a city, really it is fine if it is near a city but I just like that feeling of loneliness.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone for the replies! What I care about the most is having a nice,beautiful view while also having space and/or that dark feeling that makes you feel powerful. I want secluded but not too far away from a city, really it is fine if it is near a city but I just like that feeling of loneliness.

I'm not sure what you mean about "that dark feeling that makes you feel powerful" since I've never gotten that impression. A dark house just makes me feel like I need to add more lights and bright objects, or consign it to only ever being used by my vampire. (Although he's still a bosmer and wouldn't want to be shut in a dank stone box room...but he moved to Morrowind and has to deal with what's available.)

But for houses with a beautiful view, plenty of space and not too secluded my top pick would be Mournoth Keep. It's on the north edge of Bangkorai, a few minutes ride from Evermore (in real time) and with a wayshrine just outside. It has a nice view of the lake, and a raised level which allows you to actually see it over the wall. I think it has the most outside space of any medium house, except possibly Bouldertree Refuge (which has barely any inside space) and it starts off fairly bare which makes it easy to decorate how you like. The house itself is made of stone and wood, and could be quite dark if you take away some of the torches.

There's also the Cyrodilic Jungle House which is smaller but also cheaper, and one of the few houses with a fence instead of a wall, allowing you to see the town and the jungle around it.

Ald Velothi Harbor House in Vvardenfell has a beautiful view, if you like volcanoes and mushrooms and plenty of space, although the ground is uneven which might limit what you can do with it.

Lucky Cat Landing has a sea view, and you can see parts of Senchal too. There's lots of rooms for a medium house, but it doesn't have as much open space as some of the others.

Ravenhurst is pretty too, not much outside space but a nice big, easy to decorate inside space.

But again I really recommend previewing them yourself in-game (which you can do throuh the crown store). When we only had descriptions to go on I never even considered an orc style house and was certain Captain Margaux's Place would be the best choice for my main characters. Then I got to see them and immediately ruled out my first choice as too small, too square and frankly dull and ended up loving Mournoth Keep - the medium orc house which I hadn't even thought about before I decided to look at them all.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My two cents: the ones you can buy for gold tend to have a better space/furnishing limit balance. You can fill them more effectively than the great vistas of the Crown-only homes. I have medium homes for most of my characters, plus inn rooms for convenience, and a couple of large places for communal use by all the characters - e.g. for crafting, displaying all the Undaunted trophies, etc. that involve group efforts.

I like the Twin Arches/Autumn's Gate size of home. A bit of yard, but it doesn't run wild while I'm out adventuring. Enough space to live, and not spend all my time cleaning.