The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Looking for good stamina sorcerer bgs build

Shaloknir
Shaloknir
✭✭✭
Hello,

I am casual pvp player, currently playing with my stamina sorcerer. My main toon is magicka templar (also crafter) and I spent some time with stamina dragonknight too. Due to my busy personal life I play only 8 hours a week. I love the game.

Now my build uses: new moon acolyte, shacklebreaker and balorgh. My race is dunmer. Jewelry 2xinfused wpdmg and 1xrobust stamregen.
Skills:
  • Frontbar: critrush, dizzy, executioner, hurricane, camouflaged hunter
  • Backbar: venom arrow (not poison injection, i dont have arena weapons), dark deal, crit surge, streak, vigor

And I struggle in bgs. I die more than I kill, while with my templar and dragonknight I score k/d 2 (kill two before dying). Watching through my games afterwards I think my problem is sustain. My death is always due to resources (cant break free, cant score the killing blow when no stamina etc).

Im going to race change into nords when I get enough crowns (april). I want to experience Greymoor with nord character :)

Any advice on gear? And what skills other stamina sorcerer pvpers use? I watch Fengrush streams occasionally, but he plays Cyrodiil, which is a very different environment.

I would appreciate any help from more experienced players. Thanks in advance.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t play a stamsorc, but I see some do really well. I’ve been trying to figure out how they do it so sorta reverse engineering what I see them use.

You’re missing some key abilities imo. Try and add shuffle, rally, lightning form or whatever the ability is that gives minor expedition and the steed mundus. Right now you’re missing access to the rally burst heal, cc immunity from shuffle, speed, and a source of major resolve.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I don’t play a stamsorc, but I see some do really well. I’ve been trying to figure out how they do it so sorta reverse engineering what I see them use.

You’re missing some key abilities imo. Try and add shuffle, rally, lightning form or whatever the ability is that gives minor expedition and the steed mundus. Right now you’re missing access to the rally burst heal, cc immunity from shuffle, speed, and a source of major resolve.

He has hurricane, so he's got major resolve and minor expedition. Also, Dark deal is a fine burst heal as long as you LOS.

On to sustain...
    What food are you running? Takeaway Broth is great on stamsorc, dubious is an OK substitute. If you aren't already, run 5M/2H, and if you fit shuffle on your bar, consider 6M/1H. Also, only run NMA on your front bar. Use a different set on your bow. I know you don't have masters bow, so try to get Potentates, Agility, or consider any set that has stam recovery as the first bonus.

REMEMBER, you are a glass cannon. You should be able to blow stuff up, but as soon as the pressure is on from a full health opponent, STREAK AWAY, dark deal/vigor, buff up, then try to find some one to blow up again.

Edited by MurderMostFoul on March 17, 2020 11:13PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Shaloknir
    Shaloknir
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

He has hurricane, so he's go the resolve and minor expedition. Also, Dark deal is a fine burst heal as long as you LOS.

On to sustain...
    What food are you running? Takeaway Broth is great on stamsorc, dubious is an OK substitute. If you a you aren't already, run 5M/2H, and if you you fit shuffle on your bar, consider 6M/1H. Also, only run NMA on your front bar. Use a different set on your bow. I know you don't have masters bow, so try to get Potentates, Agility, or consider any set that has stam recovery as the first bonus.

REMEMBER, you are a glass cannon. You should be able to blow stuff up, but as soon as the pressure is on from a fully health opponent, STREAK AWAY, dark deal/vigor, buff up, then try to find some one to blow up again.

Thanks. I use dubious camoran throne as a drink. Nice advice. Really appreciate it. So you think new moon is fine in bgs.

I have 6medium, 1light. Potentates sounds actually very good.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nma is fine, but if sustain is still a problem, you could run strength of the automation if you're using dawn breaker OR sword singer if you're using Berserker Strike
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't feel comfortable with your sustain yet you can run 3 infused bone pirate(or nma) jewelery with weapon damage glyphs and artaeum bone broth (max hp/max stam which counts as a drink). So it would look something like 2 bloodspawn (I always switch between 1 piece chudan 1 piece lord walden and bloodspawn cause i can't decide whats better) for extra resistances, then 5 body pirate and potentialy front bar only NMA with agility/potentates/whatever backbar bow and warrior mundus, tho if you backbar vigor it loses a lot of healing power.

When you get more comfortable with your sustain you can switch out bone pirate for spriggans, perhaps dragonguard, sword singer or sevent legion for maximum damage. I feel like sorcs can get away with having 0 sustain and relying on darkdeal only.

I run camo hunter, dizzy swing, executioner,vigor and rally with onslaught then venom arrow, dark deal, critical surge,bolt escape and hurricane with temporal guard backbar bow.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonor wrote: »
    artaeum [takeaway] broth (max hp/max stam which counts as a drink).

I'm 95% certain it counts as food and will not trigger bone pirate.

• Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use nma (clever alchemist or fury would work as well) with hulking draugr on body, brp dw backbar and front bar nma 2h with troll king as monster and artaeum broth. I also use immobilize poison on dw (it proccs from deadly cloak while you're on your front bar as well)

Front bar: dizzy, executioner, rally, dark deal, bound armaments and dawnbreaker.

Backbar: hurricane, rending slashes, deadly cloak, Vigor, bound armaments and temporal guard.

This build works really well for me
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on March 17, 2020 10:33PM
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭

yeah sorry for the confusion i was talking about "pack leader's bone broth" which is indeed a 5051 max health 4620 max stamina legendary DRINK
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah sorry for the confusion i was talking about "pack leader's bone broth" which is indeed a 5051 max health 4620 max stamina legendary DRINK

Lol, i was wondering where "bone" came from.