The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PC pvp players, do you play with a controller or keyboard?

rikimm16_ESO
rikimm16_ESO
✭✭✭
I migrated from PC to PS4 and now back to PC. I got used to the controller so much that I find it difficult finding my way around the keyboard now. It’s probably a matter of practice, but would like to hear what you use.

PC pvp players, do you play with a controller or keyboard? 88 votes

Controller
10%
Moloch1514FaulgorrusselmmendozaTragedyOAMiyukiShibaUnified_Gaminguniversal_wrathIskiabGanjia 9 votes
Keyboard
79%
Gilvothwheem_ESOCresdeepseamk20b14_ESOCarespankerkaithuzarwenchmore420b14_ESOHeyzertIruil_ESOThe_SpAwNKoensolmikeb16_ESO77LarsSAektannWingtechnohicChrlynschBashevKartalinRagnaroek93 70 votes
Other?
10%
MurderMostFoulWolfshadeRikumaruadirondackx48rphlukoiLoreTooPlasma_ElfPauls 9 votes
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other?
    Razor tartarus and 12 button gaming mouse
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Other?
    I put other due to using a logitech g13 with my mouse.
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keyboard
    I use a keyboard, however, I do have a ton of friends who use a controller on pc and the freaks swear up and down that it's easier to animation cancel with.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Controller
    I use a regular x-box controller, it well enough. Optimal? Probably not, but who cares.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other?
    Bongos and eevee plushies.
    Edited by Rikumaru on March 17, 2020 10:30AM
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other?
    Banana controller
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keyboard
    Keyboard and mouse, all skills are bound to my mouse's extra keys,

Rotating the camera with a mouse very quickly is mvp especially on a streak cc magsorc
    Edited by HowlKimchi on March 17, 2020 12:36PM
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn I respect the pc players for using a controller I swear mouse and keyboard easier.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Keyboard
    Playing on a drawing pad is the future, the world just isn't ready for it yet.
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on March 17, 2020 3:04PM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keyboard
    People play with a controller on PC? Sounds like you're just asking to have targeting issues and all credibly swept from under you
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Controller
    Rahar wrote: »
    People play with a controller on PC? Sounds like you're just asking to have targeting issues and all credibly swept from under you

Credibility? I’m playing ESO, what game are you playing?
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other?
    Back in my PC days, I'd use a controller and a mouse. Controller in left hand for movement and a few buttons, mouse in right hand for looking around and mouse buttons.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Other?
    Racing wheel + flight simulator controller
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Controller
    I migrated from PC to PS4 and now back to PC. I got used to the controller so much that I find it difficult finding my way around the keyboard now. It’s probably a matter of practice, but would like to hear what you use.

I use a controller as it gives me access to all skills and buttons at once. However, if I had a gaming mouse then I'd use that instead.

Good players are good regardless of input but I do think a mouse helps you get to a higher level easier as the camera rotation speed is significantly faster for some reason and so you can't do 180° turns easily.
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Controller
    LoreToo wrote: »
    Racing wheel + flight simulator controller

Laugh, but I used pedals in Age of Conan. I’d fat finger circle straffing all the time (straffing plus turning around someone) so I used pedals for a bit. Each direction on the pedal would circle in a different direction.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For what its worth, some of the best PVPers I've played with/against (Lobo, Drizzt Do'liftin, a few others) played with controllers.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Controller is fun for pve.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Controller
    I play on consoles.
    But eso is best in pc.

Les infantes teribles.

LALELULILO.
  • Wolfshade
    Wolfshade
    ✭✭✭✭✭