The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Meteor Morph - Ice Comet or Shooting Star?

Lixiviant
Lixiviant
✭✭✭✭
Finally got the Meteor Ult and enjoy using it, but now I have the opportunity to morph it to Ice Comet or Shooting Star. In the past I've jumped at morphing some of my skills just to discover that they were better left alone or I picked the wrong one. Before I have to run back to the Shrine to reset the morphs, any suggestions for this morph? I'm currently running A MagSorc.
PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the content type, @Lixiviant.

For PvE DPS, Shooting Star will synergize with your front bar Inferno Staff ... though for group content your teammates would rather see you use a different ultimate altogether to boost your DPS.

For PvP, Ice Comet is nice as it brings a snare. In addition, if you’re running any sort of Ice Mage or Frost Warden, maybe you back bar Ice Comet to support front bar Sleet or front bar Eye of the Storm. On my PvP Frost Warden, I usually back bar the Trees ultimate as an emergency heal, though.

Be prepared for veteran PvP players to just block it ... as the ultimate has a long animation telegraph.

If you’re just derping around solo overland content, @Lixiviant, then you might want to level up one morph ... and then respec to the other one and level it up as well.

That way you’re flexible to the content type ... as well as being fully prepared for any future changes the ZOS Combat Team decides on. ;)

Edited by Taleof2Cities on March 15, 2020 5:49PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magsorc's choice was fairly straightforward for Ice Comet. She runs shock staff on both bars, so ice vs flame is irrelevant. She runs solo PvE and her ultimate is most often used once a fight settles down to her vs the boss so number of enemies hit is generally one (the boss) which reduces the ultimate regen from Shooting Star. The deciding factor for her was simply raw damage and Ice Comet wins there. As you can see, I think it depends on what staves you use and how you intend to use the ultimate.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I prefer ice comet, when I do need to use it its becuase the boss is jumping around too much for a destro ult or atronarch to be of good use, and Shooting star rarely hits enough targets to be worth the bonus ultgen, and when it would, Destro or Charged atro is superior.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you ever go to murkmire, take shooting star. Hence the ulti regen you can basically spam it on the necro worldboss.

Just for the fun.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    For PVP Ice Comet may be better because of the snare

For PVE it don't matter because you're only using it for the increase on Magicka with Mages Guild passives, you never use it
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the content type, @Lixiviant.

For PvE DPS, Shooting Star will synergize with your front bar Inferno Staff ... though for group content your teammates would rather see you use a different ultimate altogether to boost your DPS.

For PvP, Ice Comet is nice as it brings a snare. In addition, if you’re running any sort of Ice Mage or Frost Warden, maybe you back bar Ice Comet to support front bar Sleet or front bar Eye of the Storm. On my PvP Frost Warden, I usually back bar the Trees ultimate as an emergency heal, though.

Be prepared for veteran PvP players to just block it ... as the ultimate has a long animation telegraph.

If you’re just derping around solo overland content, @Lixiviant, then you might want to level up one morph ... and then respec to the other one and level it up as well.

That way you’re flexible to the content type ... as well as being fully prepared for any future changes the ZOS Combat Team decides on. ;)

don't run ice comet on your backbar if you're also running northern storm. ice comet gives a +2% max magicka bonus. in fact, you should probably just be using northern storm every time you cast your ultimate. and if you're doing that, running feral guardian, even unmorphed on your front bar will give you more damage, because +2% damage done is better than +2% mag magicka and mag regen. running bear frontbar will also remove the risk that you'll miss-click and waste 200+ ultimate, as you can quickly block cancel out of summoning the bear.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on March 18, 2020 1:38PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I standardized on Shooting Star for all my magicka characters, since the ultimate is most useful for PvE - in some dungeons you can literally spam it in trash fights since it returns ultimate. Especially nice on magicka NB where you cast it from back bar, switch to front bar where I have Soul Harvest and just watch it just pop back up.

In PvP people just block and move out of the AoE and the snare for Ice Comet is not that strong anyway, so I always use other ultimates, usually class ones: DK: Ferocious Leap (or Light Champion back bar), Sorcerer: Greater Storm Atronach (or Light's Champion back bar), Nightblade: Soul Harvest (or Light Champion back bar), Templar: Crescent Sweep (or Rememberance back bar), Warden: Northern Storm (or Healing Thicket back bar), Necromancer: Glacial Colossus (or Light Champion back bar).
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |