The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you think that it should show a size comparison when you preview furnishing Items?

TX12001rwb17_ESO
TX12001rwb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Do you think that when you preview furnishing items that it should also show an NPC or something similar next to the item to act as a comparison to give the player a better idea of how big or small something might be? you see I imagine a lot of people brought the Greenhouse and the Windmill only to find they were much larger then they anticipated and found themselves with no place to put them.
Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on March 15, 2020 6:20AM

Do you think that it should show a size comparison when you preview furnishing Items? 82 votes

Yes
98%
Gilvothdeepseamk20b14_ESOVolvoXXDanikatAlienSlofMagicaNanfoodleNebthet78TX12001rwb17_ESOLivvyElsonsoSilverwillowInaMoonlightBlkadrLadyDestinySengraRagged_ClawMayraelZenzukiDamagedInc666 81 votes
No
1%
Yukon2112 1 vote
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, so much. They could just show our owe character beside said item. This would be such a help on console and on PC probably.
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    10 times yes
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your character is about the width of two squares of the preview room's texture. U can check by previewing the width of a chair, since they're just wide enough for a character to fit in
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I try to estimate based on sort of knowing the size of the squares but the green house glass mansion was still quite the surprise. And currently in storage since I have no place big enough for it.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Your character is about the width of two squares of the preview room's texture. U can check by previewing the width of a chair, since they're just wide enough for a character to fit in

That helps with width, but it's really difficult to gauge height in the preview, especially for large items where it's zoomed out so the squares on the floor are tiny. I have to either try to estimate how many squares it would be if I turned it sideways, or try to measure with my fingers.

Even just a scale on the side would help, but an object or person (the same one for all previews) to compare it to would be ideal.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd much prefer a slider on the item size as they have in EQ2, so if you want to reduce or increase the size of the item to fit better you can.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. I have to alt tab and go look on the web for most medium or larger items. Then coming back into game have to load reshade every time. Its first world problems but it is really annoying.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Yes, so much. They could just show our owe character beside said item. This would be such a help on console and on PC probably.

This would be so helpful. Kudos for a good poll @TX12001rwb17_ESO
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just go off that floor grid, since if it zooms out tremendously? It's a huge item.

edit: of course, that's only for things in the zone vendors & the crafting interface. I looked at the Luxury Furnishing thread here every Friday night to see if I was going to bother going to Coldharbor that weekend.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on March 15, 2020 3:37PM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd also like an option for crown furnishing to place in the correct area and then confirm, rather than a purchase and if it doesn't work, oh well!
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. I try to use the floor tiles in the preview as a guide but, man, did I get burned on an Alinor Staircase!
  • Pog_Mahone
    Pog_Mahone
    ✭✭
    Yes
    This poll should be:
    1) Yes
    2) Yes, but blue.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    heaven13 wrote: »
    I'd also like an option for crown furnishing to place in the correct area and then confirm, rather than a purchase and if it doesn't work, oh well!

Soooo much this. And I’d probably end up buying more furniture, because if I’m not sure something is suitable, I just won’t buy it.